Yet Another Victory!

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arameh

Yet Another Victory!

Post by Arameh »

A small note written with large letters is pinned to the wall

I would like to thank everyone who have been fighting agaisnt this evil today, we have been liberated from Negros and his army of undeads, we do not need to fear for our island anymore as Negros himself has been defeated. Then once again we are victorious, the lich war, the temple and now Negros have been set to ashes, proving the strenght and unity of our people in times of need (apart a few exceptions..). In this day we should be proud of having defeated a new enemy, let us feast this new victory!

Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Do not let yourself grow hubris high knight, it was not us who won the battle this day, it were the gods above who saved us from destruction.
Gryphius

Post by Gryphius »

A somewhat shabbily dressed man, carrying a lute, strapped over his back, appoaches Arameh's parchment, pinning another one beneath, yet unsigned:

People of Gobiath,

i wish to dedicate my warmest gratitudes to all of those who stood against the overwhelming mass we were facing recently. Thanks to your courage and endurance, we have gained us some moments of peace - something whe didn't have the privilege to enjoy for a long time.

My special thanks go to the valiant dwarves of Silverbrand, who once again offered their axes to hold off the threat. Although i arrived in Silverbrand neither with diplomatic status, nor any hard evidence, i knew that the call for aid wouldn't remain unheard. And...Princess Aleytys Lamar, who courageously faced the shameful violator of southern Briar and the Eldan monastery himself, Negros - although it was not her who brought him down, she was the one to tie a bond with the one power, which saved us from the utter downfall. Also not forgotten shall be the smaller acts of heroism that I failed to mention here. All your deeds are worth a whole book of songs.

And it also gives me a feeling of hope for the future, for it demonstrated to all of us, that unity is merely a matter of will. Let's hope the moments of peace we'll see the next time will be well used to fasten our bonds of friendship, to ensure our readiness for the next threat...for it will definitely come someday.

Enjoy your peace, do whatever you always wanted to do, but simply lacked the time: Enjoy the miracles of nature, bake breads, write songs and poems.

Thank you...all of you.

One longer moment, the man remained standing there, rethinking all the sacrifices that had to be brough to achieve that victory. Then again, a broad smile crossed over his lips, and he sighed deeply in relief. Thus he turned to walk away, singing a cheerful song, while asking himself: »Where's Chiara?«
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Aleytys reads the notes with a faint smile on her lips and she pins another parchment under this

To all people of Gobiath,

it is a great Victory for the whole Island. You all had fight, and the Victory is signed with blood, tears and sweat.

But please never forget one thing --

ONLY the Dragon, the Son of Bragon, Ancalargos, had saved us in the end. He comes in one of the bitterst moments as the servant of Moshran shows us his true face, becomes a demon.
He forget his proud, clears off a debt, hold by Nerian Finera and me, and HE rescue's Gobiath.

Princess Aleytys Lamar
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

I would thank those of the north whom aided myself in a battle which concerned them not. Varshikar and the Bloodskulls as in times of old are powerfull allies in the present and the future.

Aristeaus~
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Do not grow too happy Arameh. Something tells me Negros has not completely left. They are sure to return...I am sure of it.

~unsigned~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Erm... we defeated Negros, idiot. He's gone forever.

Moron.

~Unsigned~
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

Evil does not simply being defeated. It takes various of form. When you are least expected it, it will come back to haunt you.

///

There are scratch in end of note appear be done by claws
Poots

Post by Poots »

Not when you have it's head.

~Allen~
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

well, you civilized folk...
evil allways counts on short memory.

i see evil persons, who used to live frequently in those dark underworld holes, they called a town, now mingling freely among the victors.

that kind of turncoats will prepare and help the next rising of evil on its way.

a wolf is a wolf! even if he hides under a sheepskin!

mind me words!