Varshikar

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Grant

Post by Grant »

But she forces me off the lands..

Grant Rothman
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Gee I wonder why maybe because you are an arse? An idiotic prat? Does any of this seem to describe you? If not ask the people of Gobiath as a whole and I think they will all agree.

~Unsigned~
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Richard Cypher comes to the land regarding business. And has given up his ties with the temple.

Aristeaus
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

Stephen,
Varshikars business is its own. Mind yours. Leave us to ours. These individuals know where they stand. That is all that matters. If you do not like the situation feel free to stay out of Varshikar.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Leader of Varshikar
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Your own words declare that cultists are banned, yet they are allowed to stay in the lands of Varshikar. Please make it clear to the public where you stand, Jeremy.

Stephen Rothman
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

The following message was written in a quite verry shaky handwriting, some tears spilled around the parchment also.

I wish to apply for citizenship in Varshikar.

Kevin Lightdot
This part having been written quite more shaky then most
Former Knight of Kallahorn
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Mr Rothman,
You have had your answer. Do not concern yourself. I do not see your name on the Varshikar Citizens list. I do, however, see you courting power once again. And once again in all the wrong places.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Leader of Varshikar
Cassius Darkwolf

Post by Cassius Darkwolf »

I have seen several ogres in the mountains around town. North, East and West of the castle and by the bay to the East. They need dealing with. It is becoming dangerous to travel to the mine.

Cassius
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Kevin~

You are of course welcome within our town and our militia.

Everyone please help my son to feel at home with us.

~Maggie Kemoc~
Deputy Leader of Varshikar
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Hello. I am Brendan Mason. You might have heard of me. I was one of a band of halflings who came together, discovered the island of Greenbriar and built the village upon it. We lived there for several happy years, in peace. We traded among ourselves and with our friends in Troll's Bane, Northerot and Silverbrand. Time passed and Northerot stepped out from the shadow of its past and became the desert paradise of Varshikar.

Several important citizens of Greenbriar died. Viola Thistle, Bumbol Woodstock. More left and returned to their homes on the mainland, or elsewhere. I myself went to attend to my sick uncle for several months and returned to find that my home was in the ownership of one Dusty Bottoms, a fiend who allies himself with followers of Bjolmur, the whisperer in the Dark- a well known demonic servant of the milk curdler.

Anyway, I find myself homeless and in need of some place to find friendship and allies. I come to Varshikar for this, in the hope that my old friends Aristeaus, Quinasa or Jeremy might offer me citizenship.

Kind regards,
Brendan Mason
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Brendan my OLD Friend!
Varshikar would be happy to welcome you into our number.
Personally I would be more than happy to have you join us. At least we can see eye to eye on most issues. Welcome Mr Mason.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Leader of Varshikar
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

It has been brought to my attention that some are not following the orders of the Deputy Leader Maggie Kemoc.
Might I remind everyone that I put her in this position for a reason. I trust her in this position. Anyone not affording her the due respect is therefore disrespecting myself. Maggie acts with my authority. Her orders are to be obeyed unless overuled by myself.
Thank you.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Leader of Varshikar
Athian

Post by Athian »

Try to remember that our citizens for the most part are people whom preferred the open and progressive style of living compared to systems like that of the Government of Trollsbane. No one likes to be ordered to do anything, we've always done just fine working together and coming to consensus without the need for such a ridged hierarchy that demands absolute obedience without question. the day this changes is the day Varshikar begins to become everything it's strived very hard not to be. So do not take our citizens lack of motivation as a personal insult, for it makes it sound as if the offense you take will be a punishable act. if there's a problem within our township and people will not listen to our deputy leader it would be prudent to find out why this is so and fix the problem rather then taking minimal action, don't you think?

within the scope of the rules the Varshikari follow there has never been any law stating you absolutly must do what assigned leaders say or else. mostly because assigned leaders are merely chosen by the former and can be a rather Transient position in our lands. which has alway been good for making sure new idea's and prospectives have a chance to be weighed by the people. in that same sense the role of leader is respected not out of any rights of lineage or force imposed on our people, but out of trust and faith in our fellow countrymen to keep our voices and the best interests of our home in mind. perhaps it might be best for Maggie to address those whom often do not listen to her words (of course including myself in some cases) rather then you Jeremy to do it for her. her own words will be far more effective in swaying people to put there faith in her, then subtly hinting on your own displeasure in the matter. just a thought of course.

Athian Corulas
"Royal" Advisor of Varshikar
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

A thought for you Mr Corulas. There are times when it is prudent, and in the best interests of all, for people to just shut up and do what they are told. Or perhaps we should ask for anyone who wishes to attack Varshikar to make an appointment so we can have a meeting in advance to see what the concensus is on whether to defend or not?
Yes I am being flippant here. But I hope the point is not wasted. Sometimes orders need to be given and obeyed. If you wish clarification of the events which sparked my previous notice please send me a dove. Also it might be prudent for you to check such facts in advance of any future postings so that you are fully informed before making your statement, dont you think?

Jeremy Willowbrook
Leader of Varshikar
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Rather foolish for a figure head to be challenging the real ruler of the lands..

(( no name ))
Athian

Post by Athian »

ahh my mistake i wrote on the off chance that this was speaking of a common occurance, rather then anything in particular, now that i do know the particulars of it. i'll will deal with my daughters behavior myself. next time there is such a problem simply pick up a pen and write me. i'm certainly capable of dealing with my own children.

on a final note however Jeremy, i'm simply going to say, you really should watch how you address me. i won't remind you again

Athian Corulas
Varshikar

Post by Varshikar »

The new building for the VMA has been planned for some time now. Soon the next stages of development of Varshikar will commence with the building of the combined shop/tavern/Inn in the area to the east of the Cross of Varshikar. The building of the Academy will commence at the same time or shortly after this project.
To allow room for both projects and to allow room for expansion of both in the future the VMA building will now be built upon the Easternmost peninsular in the Bay of Kumdah. This entire peninsular is hereby given over to the VMA in perpetuity to allow for future expansion and for the privacy of the students and safety of all citizens.

For the People and Lands of Varshikar
Jeremy Willowbrook
Leader of Varshikar
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

There is a parchment pinned at the gates of the castle ruins.
It reads:
  • Greetings people of Varshikar,

for the time of the "Mas Days" the castle opened the gates for everyone who seeks shelter.
    These strong castlewalls will withstand anything that will be thrown against them while I am present.
    Please bring your own supplies of food with you, the storage room of the castle does not hold enough to feed more mouths then it does currently.

This offer however ends with the last day of this month, due to the still unsolved difficulties with your leadership.

Respecfuly,
    Lord Darlok
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Darlok,
Varshikari will shelter within our Castle should the need arise.
As to the 'unsolved difficulties', these will be solved when you remove yourself from the Castle of Varshikar.
If you then wish to negotiate terms and recompense for the possible purchase of the Castle and tithes to Varshikar for holding property within our border this can be arranged.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Leader of Varshikar
Darlok

Post by Darlok »

There is a parchment pinned at the gates of the castle ruins.
It reads:
  • Greetings people of Varshikar,

the days of Mas passed us by and noone inside my castle was harmed.
    As it seemed the chaos of Mas did not found us but struck near Trollsbane this year, were the people of this town found themself struggeling with a portal that spilled out demons and undeads.

The gates to rooms beneath the surface will remain open for a few more days, so everybody can leave thier sleeping quarters calmly and pack thier things without any haste.

In about 3 days I'll lock the gates once more.

Respecfuly,
    Lord Darlok
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Greetings fellow Varshikari.

Many of you are probably aware that the new houses have now been completed. We can now offer them for sale to citizens of our fair town.
The two larger houses will be sold for 200 silver pieces each.
The two smaller houses will be sold for 150 Silver pieces each.
Only Varshikar citizens need apply for the right to buy one of these houses.
All applications will be considered and the final allocation will be made in the near future.
Please send all applications to myself as soon as possible.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Leader of Varshikar
Solumn

Post by Solumn »

Who exactly do I purchase trade license from?

Solumn
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Trade licenses can be obtained from myself or Maggie Kemoc. You can send a dove with your request so the license can be prepared and arrangements made to collect the fee.
Thank you.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Leader of Varshikar
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Jeremy, I need to speak with you and Maggie. Please contact me as soon as possible.

--RICHARD--
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

People of Varshikar,

The new flathouse is ready. The owners and inhabitants of the flats should contact me to get locks and keys and to discuss the furniture of the rooms.

~The Lorian MacGintish~
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Thank you Lorian.
You have done an excellent job. Your builders are to be commended.
We will be in touch in due course for furnishings, keys, etc.
Thank you.

Jeremy Willowbrook.
Leader of Varshikar.
Spudrug
Location: Meh liv wiv der werms an der little fings dat nibbul meh eers wen i sleeps

Yoo got new pet

Post by Spudrug »

Mr Jermy...yoo gots a noo pet in yer house...i fink it taysty fer yer dinna!

((unsigned))
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Dear citizens of Varshikar,

Time is gone and i still have no real contact to the inhabitants of the new flats. The house has to stay empty now? Noone has ordered keys or furniture. I only have the name of Maggie Kemoc. Thats all.

Write to me!

~The Lorian MacGintish~
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Varshikari,
We still have much work to do within our home. Much more needs to be built and done. In order to strengthen links with Vanima and improve trade and access to the rest of Gobiath a ferry harbour is to be built in Varshikar to link with Vanima. For this we need the following materials.

100 Naldor wood,
400 boards of conifer trees,
10 saws and hammers,
200 nails,
40 silvercoins.

Donations seem to have stopped in recent weeks. Please help to make our town great and give whatever materials you can spare. Thank you.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Leader of Varshikar
Michael Zanar

Post by Michael Zanar »

I am willing to donate 40 silvers to help this cause. Please contact me to recieve the donation.

Michael Zanar
Paladin of Zhambra