Hamlet of Greenbriar

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hamlet of Greenbriar

Post by Hamlet of Greenbriar »

We'd like to welcome Gilthas as a citizen to Greenbriar. He is an able fighter and former Elder monk. He is always friendly and willing to help others. He has chosen the quiet life of Greenbriar as opposed to the hustle of Trolls Bane. He has also volunteered to serve as a deputy with Sheriff Stoneface and Deputy Armstrong. Welcome!

An investigation concerning Richard Martins has concluded, and he has been found innocent of all allegations. No evidence or testimony indicate that any citizens or dual-citizens of Greenbriar were harmed, nor were any laws of the Hamlet broken.

With the County Faire less than three weeks away, I'd like to ask that no-one plant trees within the Onionball field. We will need it clear for the tournament that day.

Thank you,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
Gilthas

Onion Ball

Post by Gilthas »

Anyone who wants to learn how to play onion ball for the faire dove me or find me in Green Briar. I will be more than willing to help teach you.

Have fun,
Gilthas
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I guess Fooser'll be joining us for the onionball match?

Sir William Elderberry, Lord of Caelum
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

If Fooser joins, watch out! He was a champion before!
I've heard he is really good!

I don't exactly know who plans to be there, it shouldn't matter, but how about we spice things up? How about some wagers? I'll make this simple.

Send me a dove if you'd like to wager 100 coppers (1 Silver) or less (no more per wager) on any person from a posted "Nation" who will win the tournament and I'll personally match the wager according to posted odds.

Anyone from:
TrollsBane citizens........2:1 (Double your money)
Varshikar Citizens..........3:1 (Triple your money)
Vanima Citizens.............3:1
Grey Order Citizens........3:1
Silverbrand Citizens........4:1 (They dont play onionball much)
Briar County Citizens......6:1 (Because It's the Home Team, I'm biased!)
Unaffiliated and all others.4:1

For example, if Fooser joins and loses, but Stephen wins, you still would win if you bet on "Trolls Bane" to win as they are both from TrollsBane, but if Gilthas wins, you'd lose because he is "Briar County". No need to bet on a sole person, but just the "Nation" they come from.

All bets close before the match starts. All profits will benefit the "Build a Workshop in Greenbriar" cause.

~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor of Greenbriar~
County of Briar

Post by County of Briar »

The Harvest Festival was a resounding success! Thanks to everyone who came, helped and participated!!

We started with a prayer of thanksgiving to Oldra, an opening speech by William Elderberry, and then nominated and elected Dominic Fisher as the King of Fools. Upon leading our parade around the town, our "King" walked into a portal! Haha!
Then, local farmers sold seeds and other crops and we prepared for the Battle of the Bards. Many thanks to Harvey Meeryfoot and William Elderberry for participating. The audience cheered William as the one with the best song.
Next was the long awaited Onionball tournament. First were William and Ssafar - William won. Then Taliss and William - Taliss won. Then Taliss and Karen - Taliss won. Then Taliss and Duchan - Taliss won., then Cawdor and Taliss...Cawdor won. It was very exciting.
Next was the lumbercarrying race. As four contestants ran north carrying 25 boards each, they touched the bridge and returned. Cawdor was the first back!
During the House and Tavern auction, we were interupted by 4 wolves and a skeleton wandering into town. Many thanks to Cawdor, Richard Martens of Caelum and Taliss for dispatching them. We continued with the auction.
Finally, after a short lottery, everyone met at the tavern and ate much food and drank much beer and wine. Everyone had a wonderful time.

Happy Harvest!
~Cawdor, Lord of Caelum~
~Nalzaxx Nehrengast, Overlord of Occulte Nocturnalis~
~Avalyon el'Hatarr, Leader of the Senate~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I must give my dearest thanks for the festival, I can honestly say it was the best day of my life. From start to finish it was nonstop fun and I am extremely glad I attended.

Also, Taliss and Dominic played a match before Taliss and Karen did and Taliss won.

Thanks a lot, I hope to see many more a Briarian festival.

Sir William Elderberry,
Lord of Caelum
Theon

Post by Theon »

I wish to thank those who fought and are still fighting against what has attacked, and still is.

Sir Cawdor,
Lord of Caelum

The corner of the page is smeard slightly in red, as if a drop of blood has been smudged into the parchment.
Gilthas

Post by Gilthas »

I misses the Festival...I was asleep. :evil:
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

The monsters are still coming???

Sounds like a cause for concern.

Sir William Elderberry,
Lord of Caelum
Theon

Post by Theon »

It has calmed now. I believe the road to be safe, as well as the hamlet itself. The edge of the woods seems to be clear now as well. We shall look deeper within the woods also.

Sir Cawdor,
Lord of Caelum
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Oh good, Cawdor won! When when I receive my 6 silver? If you deem it to be unfair because it seems only County of Briar people participated, then I will be happpy with just my one silver back.

~Skaalib
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Skaalib, your bet will be honored. Next time we meet alright?

I had a lot of fun at the festival. Besides the wolves, I believe everyone enjoyed themselves. We'll do it again next year!

The Hamlet now has an additional 132 Silvers to use toward a workshop and/or a coal mine from the auction of the North house, west house and the Tavern.

Congratulations to Dominic Fisher, who is the new owner of the "Briarpatch" Tavern and we hope to see more activity, beer and food there!
Congratulations to Mark Armstrong and Taliss Kazzxx who are now the owners of the North House and the West House.
((All Doors are RP'd as locked, unless left open, please respect this. Real keys are forthcoming.))

The central house will remain open for public use as both a Town Hall and public 'dormitory'. Anyone may stay there for free.

Thanks to everyone for helping.
~Dusty Bottoms~
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Greetings,

I have come across ancient manuscripts detailing the founding of Greenbriar and those responsible. Some have passed on or returned to the mainland, but a few are still around. I have added them as honorary citizens. Let us remember their contribution to the founding of Greenbriar.

Crosis Smallburrow
Rosa Underhill Smallburrow
Brendan Mason
Ezorock Roughfoot
Bumbol Woodstock (RIP)
Viola Thistle (RIP)
Pronon Palmsugar
Felkin Fennikish

I have also recently hired a locksmith to change the locks on the houses and the Tavern. We had the auction of ((Greenbriar #2)) West, ((Greenbriar #3)) North houses and the Tavern to raise money for a Smithing/Weaving Workshop, which will soon be built.

I have asked the owners not to lock the Houses until the end of this week in case there is anyone 'sleeping' unnoticed. The Central House ((Greenbriar #1)) belongs to the Hamlet and will remain open to all citizens and visitors. It will also serve as a shelter in times of attack, and that is the only time it will be locked, to protect those within.

((The North and West Houses will be locked after Sunday 11:59pm GMT, please do not log out there anymore, you will be trapped))

If anyone was found sleeping 'unnoticed' after this date, send me or the owner a dove and we can unlock the door. The Hamlet has duplicate keys for this purpose.

In Service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Deed of Ownership

The Government of the Hamlet of Greenbriar hereby warrants ownership of the property described as "West House" ((Greenbriar #2)) situated in the Hamlet of Greenbriar to Mark Armstrong, and/or his successors and assigns. The property was sold at a public auction on the 16th of Olos, year 19 after public seizure according to Law.

The property includes the building, all contents therein, a key to the door, and 3 feet surrounding the building structure. There are no taxes, liens or encumbrances upon the property.

The Owner may rent, lease, sell, occupy, decorate or use in whatever manner they see fit, excepting any restictions on said property.

Restrictions:
The property may not be sold to non-citizens of Greenbriar.
New ownership must be recorded with the government of Greenbriar to be official.
The property may not be used to endanger the citizens of Greenbriar.
A duplicate key must be held by Government officials for emergencies only.

This Deed of Ownership is recorded this day 16th of Olos, year 19.

Signed,
~Executor of the estate for Hamlet of Greenbriar~

~See page 5 for change of ownership~
Last edited by Hamlet of Greenbriar on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Deed of Ownership

The Government of the Hamlet of Greenbriar hereby warrants ownership of the property described as "North House" ((Greenbriar #3)) situated in the Hamlet of Greenbriar to Mark Armstrong, and/or his successors and assigns. The property was sold at a public auction on the 16th of Olos, year 19 after public seizure according to Law.

The property includes the building, all contents therein, a key to the door, and 3 feet surrounding the building structure. There are no taxes, liens or encumbrances upon the property.

The Owner may rent, lease, sell, occupy, decorate or use in whatever manner they see fit, excepting any restictions on said property.

Restrictions:
New ownership must be recorded with the government of Greenbriar to be official.

Signed,
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Deed of Ownership

The Government of the Hamlet of Greenbriar hereby warrants ownership of the property described as "Briarpatch Tavern" ((Greenbriar Tavern)) situated in the Hamlet of Greenbriar to Dominic Fisher, and/or his successors and assigns. The property was sold at a public auction on the 16th of Olas, year 19 after public seizure according to Law.

Restrictions:

Signed,
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Dusty if you get this or if anyone reads this and sees Dusty please tell him to come to Greenbriar. Dusty the main door was locked and several people are trapped in the common house. We need you to unlock it. Thank you Dusty.

Sincerely,
Richard Martins

((There was a map update today and the doors locked))
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

I think the situation concerning Stephen and Trollsbane has developed to an unacceptable level.

I would like to call a meeting of the council to discuss the current situation and suitable solutions to this ever increasing problem.

Overlord Nalzaxx Nerenghast
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

County Council members,

I was attacked recently so pardon my caution.
I propose we meet this evening at our last meeting site, you all remember where.

((Tonight at 11pm GMT))

If we can not make it, then let's have a meeting in a few days.

((Wednesday, 8pm GMT))

Hope to see you there,
~Dusty~
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Both dates are good for me. I shall be there

~Sir Avalyon el'Hattarr~
~Country Councilman~
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Friends,

I have now healed and recovered from an encounter with Mr. Stephen Rothman. He tried to murder a citizen here, and when I refused to let him do it, he attacked me, dragging me helplessly back to town hall and further demanding I give him the keys. To make matter worse, he then went after Rumil, a halfling visitor and held him hostage, threatening to kill him too. These are the works of a madman. Thanks to members of Occulte Nocturnalis for helping make Stephen flee and saving Rumil.

People may do what they will to me, I am willing to forgive, but when citizens are threatened, I draw the line.

Stephen Rothman is hereby banned from Greenbriar indefinitely.

I strongly request no one of Greenbriar trade, aid, or assist this madman in any way.

I have added this to a new section on our board "Banned/Wanted Criminals".

Ever in Service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
Hamlet of Greenbriar

The month of Mas is coming soon. We must concentrate our efforts to ready our Police and Militia. Recent events have shown that we need to assist our Militia, Police and bolster our defences.

We need volunteers, weapons, arrows and armor.

The Militia is a 'defensive' reserve group, called to arms in times of need only. It's numbers we need, no 'skill' necessary.
If you can carry a pitchfork, we need you. If you can kill rabbits, we need you. If you care about defending Greenbriar and maintaining peace on our Isle, we need you.

I will be available this week to outfit our militia members as best as I can in armor, weapons, potions and food, free of charge. I ask the Generals to contact your members and arrange to 'train' them and ensure they are equipped as well.

Let's be ready by the time Mas comes and ensure the safety of our people. Thank you.

In service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

There is no need to fear the Mas Days when you align yourself with followers of the Whisperer in the Dark.

Regards,
Mel Chirisa
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Friends,

I would like to welcome Foraker, Rumil Togrin and Gibble Thibblebum as new citizens to the Hamlet.
Foraker is a veteran fighter looking for peace and solitude. He speaks softly, so be close to talk to him. He has agreed to serve in our Militia and help however he can.
Gibble Thibblebum is a newcomer and has been very helpful around town.
Rumil Togrin is an avid farmer and carpenter. He has embraced Greenbriar as his home and wants to help more. He has a big heart for the people and the town. After an interview, I have appointed him as an Alderman and he was sworn in. Being a new citizen, I believe he can speak for other newcomers as well.

I have also added an amendment to the Laws. Section 18.1 allows for a "vote of confidence". I have realized that three years between elections is a long time. The real reasoning is, that with current events the way they are, and scathing critisisms from afar about Greenbriar, I wanted to reassure our citizens that as Mayor, I am not above your wishes, our citizens. If I am doing poorly, I wish for you, as citizens here to have a say. The government of Greenbriar is here to serve you, not the other way around. As I often sign, "In Service".

The Smithing/weaving Workshop has begun to be built. It will be located to the south of the Tavern. All the materials and monies have been already paid to the builder. Thanks to Everyone for helping to make this dream a reality. I would especially like to thank Mark Armstrong, Dominic Fisher, Anfala Antari, Skaalib, Taliss, and Bravin for all the supplies and silvers they donated that went into the building of the new smithy/weaving workshop. Our prayer to Oldra for a good Harvest has been answered with this project.

In Service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
Hamlet of Greenbriar

By mutual agreement, I have reassigned Mark Armstrong to command the First Regiment and Bravin the second. This move will better enable the Generals to train and command according to their abilities.

Thanks to all who have either joined or donated to help build up our Militia and Police.

I also want to announce that Helt Foraker has been appointed as our fourth Alderman. Foraker has made Greenbriar his home, willing to defend it, and wants to help. We now have a full council, and as such, they represent all citizens here. Unless they are voted out by a vote of confidence, they will represent you until regular elections in year 22, on the 5th of Zhas. We will schedule a town hall meeting soon so everyone can meet the new Aldermen and they, you.

In Service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

to mayor
dusty bottoms
Hamlet of greenbriar

dear mayor,

our neighbour and ally in the south is calling to arms.

and now?

do you plan, to call us to arms as well? to "help" our neighbour "in need"?

tjalf kormson
farmer and discontent citizen
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Dear Citizens,

The County of Briar is not officially at war with anyone. The Call to Arms by Occulte Nocturnalis may be a defensive posture. Should they declare or go to war without first gaining approval of the County Council first, as stated in the County Laws, then the agreement binding Greenbriar and Caelum to them would be voided, and Occulte Nocturnalis would no longer be a part of the County.

The County was designed to bind cities together in common unity, while still preserving individual independence of each city. The only way this can work is if the cities mutually meet and agree together about foreign affairs in the form of the County Council and speak as a united force. Anything pertaining to relations with other nations falls under it's powers and not the individual cities. Should a city circumvent the County in this, it does no longer represent the County and the other cities are not obligated to it anymore.

I do not know what prompted our ally's Call to Arms, but as a defensive measure only, I would like to ask the militia and Police to stand ready, in case of attack, however the Hamlet of Greenbriar will not go to "War". The County of Briar has not approved any such thing, nor will the Hamlet of Greenbriar unless attacked. I will try to find out what the situation is.

In Service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
County of Briar

Post by County of Briar »

Fellow Councilmembers,

I would like to call a meeting as soon as possible. I await your swift reply.

Thank you,
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Dear Citizens,

I would like to welcome Xonogor to our citizenship. He is a newcomer, has made Greenbriar his home and is always willing to help. He has also agreed to become one of our Deputies. Welcome!

Now that we have a full complement of Councilmen, a full police, the Militia is filling and the new Workshop is nearing completion, we need to begin having regular Town Hall meetings. It is important to hear your concerns, improve Greenbriar and maintain a community.

I apologize for not calling these sooner, but our town is growing and we should have these regularly. A town Hall meeting is a chance for all the Aldermen to assemble, any citizens may speak and ask questions and we all discuss and vote on issues to help Greenbriar. Anyone may attend, but issues are voted on only by the Aldermen, with "your's truly" casting a tie vote if needed. Consult an Alderman if you desire an issue to be discussed or voted upon.

Our first Town Hall meeting will be 11th Hour on the 18th of Chos.
((1900 GMT on Thursday, 12 October))

Agenda: (Please send me a dove for changes)
I: Introductions
II: The year in review
III: New Property Ownership/New Houses Questions
IV: Citizen concerns
V: Goals for Greenbriar next year

The next meeting would be in Ushos, then Eldas, then Olos and again in Chos. One meeting a quarter ((RL month)) should be sufficient for normal business.

I hope to see all Aldermen and citizens there.

In Service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

to
Mayor Dusty Bottoms
hamlet of greenbriar

dear mayor,

we, the citizens, hear rumors about problems concerning the leaders of the projected town of caelum.

i, for my part, would be thankfull for a bit of information.

yours, tjalf kormson