Buh bye now

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Misjbar

Buh bye now

Post by Misjbar »

I think it is really time for me to say goodbye now. I have "stuck" with the game for a little while now, having quite a few characters which were in the spotlights, also some whom I only played for a few moments. I think some were highly enjoyable, atleast I enjoyed them lots (put Peter Fertas, Misjbar Mehialho, Misjilah Mehialho and Lysu Davanum here).

The reason I am leaving is simple: I am realising times of GMs ingame often and actively will never return. Times will never be the same as they have been, or atleast the atmosphere (AKA me enjoying myself ingame enough to stay there for longer than 1,5 hours) will never return again. Perhaps my own fault, perhaps I put up a too high requirement for the ingame standards, but frankly, I am not enjoying myself anymore the way I want to be enjoyed (by myself and ofcourse by the others, because you play the game together).
Casaundra (the GM, not the player) said he cannot help it that people leave if they do not give good reasons, and good ways to solve the problems. Well, I think the way to solve the problems is to bring a good GM-team back, or something similar, in the way it was when the Aeghie/Japh/Rinya/Pappy/Estralis/whatever-team was here. I think (think, assume, not know) that many players liked those times just as much as I did, and can somehow project themselves in what I am saying now (or not, ofcourse).
Great to have ESQS now, I think they are doing a good job with the resources they have, but they just cannot replace GMs (in my honest opinion). Great to have a quester now, and seers and what not whom monitor the game, but they just cannot replace GMs. I have suggested getting GMs back to a few people, but they mostly were against it, so alas, I realised I cannot have that time back.
I will still finish my current projects (Copper Mountains, the Briar), and I will always be available if you truly want an RP session with me (you better come up with something good to get me ingame), because I am not going in on my own.

It was fun playing with y'all, and I might even frequent the boards just as much as I do now. But chances are that that will even vanish over time.

Erik

P.S. You probably think I am leaving on a bad reason, and that I am a whiner and someone whom doesn't get his way in something and leaves because of that. Well fine, think that. You can even try to convince me, though I will assure you that is hard.
And I am not going to be so lame that I will delete every single one of my Illa contacts on MSN, because that is just saaaad. And I still want to talk to you ofcourse, on a friendly basis.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

(And I will still come to the May RL meeting, because I promised many people =3)
J S

Post by J S »

Well, I've only roleplayed with you once, and we're more friends on MSN than on the game.. So yeah, doesn't really affect me as long as we chat on msn ^_^
Theon

Post by Theon »

Take care. :)

I don't recall roleplaying with you though, or chatting too much. My loss, eh?
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

You're an excellent roleplayer, a great friend and an asset to this game's atmosphere. Goodbye, but as is always said: They always come back.
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

Times will never be the same as they have been
Wise words. :wink:

It was fun rp'ing with you, though we didn't have the chance to do it often (recently and also in the good old past)

Take care and .. They all come back (this has to be in every "Bye Bye" topic ^^)
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

cya
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

I find it funny that I, who has never gotten along with you, feel dissapointed in this.

Your reasons are correct. I hear stories of fantastic quests and think about if I've ever been in a ground shaker as defined.

Oh well. Enjoy your life, Erik. You will be missed.

Ziel. :wink:
Devrah Liioness

Post by Devrah Liioness »

For the record, I completely agree with Erik's point about the former GM team. It was fantastic. Japheth and Aegohl especially made Illarion what I loved when I joined :)

On a more personalized note, Erik, I will sorely miss your fantastic RP but I can completely understand your reasons. *hugs*
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Bye Misj.

I miss Peter.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Bye
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

Well, you will feel the pull of illarion slowly stabing your brain.

but I didnt get to know you so all I really got to say is goodbye as well.
Poots

Post by Poots »

sniffle sniffle..
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I have equally grown disenchanted with this game. There is a lot of reasons Ill be leaving this game for a long time now, but i won't need to list them, Ive mentioned them for a long time.
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Garett Gwenour wrote:I have equally grown disenchanted with this game. There is a lot of reasons Ill be leaving this game for a long time now, but i won't need to list them, Ive mentioned them for a long time.
1. Richard claimed he was only trying to pass by.
2. Dusty says that he was bandaged, and also apologizes.
3. I dealt 99% of the damage. Richard did not attack you, and dusty's arrows are weak.
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

just because you dont have a powerful postion in the game anymore doesnt mean you cant have fun. Your RP is great, just dont put yourself in situation you know that cant be won.
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Post by Tinuva Geogroda »

Farewell!! And as said before.. everyone comes back.. they can't miss their dosis Illa too long
Markous

Post by Markous »

They all come back :D
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Hu'greu wrote:just because you dont have a powerful postion in the game anymore doesnt mean you cant have fun. Your RP is great, just dont put yourself in situation you know that cant be won.
Eh? To whom are you talking? Garett or me?
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

I havnt seen you IG for a while. But i do miss you IG.

But if youll still be on MSN not a complete loss

* huggles the Erikcs *

Be good man, and hurry back IG
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

So the exodus of good and long time players continues. Unfortunetaly, you are feeling this ingame... (by the way: yesterday was all in all my worst day in Illa :cry:).

"They all come back" - I hope...
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

A player to be missed, I'm sure. I, too have been feeling the lack of good roleplay... And just overall fun in Illarion.
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

Sorry to see you're leaving :( Hope you'll keep in touch on msn though.

And yes, they always come back ;) So this isn't goodbye, this is "see you later" :P

*hugs and gives Erik a cookie*
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Enjoyed your posts but never met your char. But sad to see you leave.
I will miss you.
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

Garette
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Narmir wrote:Sorry to see you're leaving :( Hope you'll keep in touch on msn though.

And yes, they always come back ;) So this isn't goodbye, this is "see you later" :P

*hugs and gives Erik a cookie*
Depending on the circumstances, yes. ;)