Male faries? / Männliche Feen?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

U/\/known

Post by U/\/known »

idea of lesbian fairies is good enough.
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

I don't understand the point of this post. It reminds me much of the issue with gay marriages. Why cant there be married gays? Becuase it doesn't feel right to you? Same with male fairies. Why cant their be male fairies? Because it doesn't feel right to you?

There is no defence in this topic. There needs to me male fairies.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

I am with Ku. Male fairies exist. End of story.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

If there are no male fairies, how are they supposed to have smex?
Avareniah

Post by Avareniah »

Bring on the boys!
Damien

Post by Damien »

Some simple facts about general fairy definitions :

- A very well known male fairy character is the fairie king, his majesty "Oberon". Although used as a character by Shakespeare, his highness is mentioned in ancient arturian legends, where he is a powerful fairy king of the otherworld.

- Celtic / germanic / norse beliefs say that fairies tend to steal children and as a change let some of their own children be raised by the humans. Thise were called "changelings", and could be male and female. So people carved pumpkin faces or nailed hoof irons above their doors to keep the fairies and elves away.

- The idea of female fairies came up much later, in the late 1800s, mainly because it was said that fairies can bewitch humans. Noone ever said fairies to be female only though.
The (few) female "fairies" appearing in brother Grimm's fairie tales originate in legends much much older : Frau Holle (for example), who was said to be a fairy in some versions, is one of the tree Norns.

- The female fairy picture nowadays mostly originates in DISNEY movies and stories, and does the hell not belong into a fantasy world. Except for one with duckville on the world map too. Hehe..in my eyes, some lack of culture ! ;)
Tanistian_Kanea

I have never read or heard anywhere othe then you own thaughts, that fairies that fairies are a female only race. It has ALWAYS BEEN MALE AND FEMALE LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE! But on a diferent thought, what about lizards? I have never met a Female lizard, as for them in other things, well i never heard of lizard people in other things. BUT MALE FARIES EXIST! FAIRIES ARE NOT TRANVESTITES! SO STOP SAYING THEY ARE!
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

Unless if fairies are parthenogenic (capable of virgin birth), then there have to be males. And parthenogenesis is only possible in some lizards, some insects, and bacteria.

On another subject, if there were only male lizards, then how to they lay their eggs? Are they actually hermaphrodites? Think about it.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Male and female lizards look the same. Have you ever looked at a lizard? Unless you know what to look for, it's nigh on impossible to tell if they are male or female.

And fairies have wings.
Like bugs.
Which are insects.
Tanistian_Kanea

Fairies have more like human bodies though. They are more human the bug. So there are still both sexes.
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

Donal that is the most stupid reasoning I have ever heard...Besides the shit I see on the Maury Povich show...Sorry to be rude, but just because something has insect wings doesn't mean it's an insect. And there are male and female bugs in all species, it just that some, like the aphid, are parthenogenic, and don't need to mate. Fairies are technically Fey, which means they are demihuman, as in humanoid, therefore, there is no possible way they could be parthenogenic.

The only person that has put up a reasonable argument, if it is one, is Damien. No offence to everyone else, but he knows his stuff. Let's just listen to Damien and stop arguing.

And no, if Damien told me to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't. I'm not that crazy.

(If no one gets that last part, I understand. It's just a saying.)
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

To be honest Donal, Ku himself could of though of equal or better logical sequences than that.

"Uh. Fairy bug-bird and since bugs nub hab penis, far as Ku can see, dey must all be girly bugs. Yubba."

>.> They have human bodies with wings.
Last edited by Ku 'Agor on Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

It's DONAL, you mouth breather. I am so fucking tired of people getting it wrong.

And fairies are magical creatures. Who says they procreate in the normal way?
Azuria-Traumwind

Post by Azuria-Traumwind »

Fooser wrote:If there are no male fairies, how are they supposed to have smex?
Avareniah wrote:Bring on the boys!
And again a new secret between little man fairy and little woman fairys :lol:
Oriiolanae_Serafilisa

Post by Oriiolanae_Serafilisa »

I realized something this morning...female fairies could actually take a human if they are at least two feet tall, and the tallest fairy in game is two and a half from what I've heard...Think about it.

And I'm participating in this debate because of reasons including that male fairies are possible, and because of something I'm going to put my fairy through (hint- it's something that has been delayed since she first became a teenager...fairy genetics?)...Gods I love having control over my chars...

-edit- Poster of this = Deinarious.