Situation In-game right now

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Taylor

Post by Taylor »

As I am impartial to any side in this fight. I do agree that Stephen's attack is a bit for OOC Ego, But I also agree that RP was involved. The dwarves did declare war after all.

And Darren, Ofcourse they don't attack Varshikar. They don't want to piss off Athian, Arist, Gabon, Taylor, Baurus, and William. Plus the Mages like Jeremy, Marie, Jeanette, Alister, shit like that. Bad things will happen ;)
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

And all those Varshikar spies in the Trollsbane government !!11
Athian

Post by Athian »

shut you danm dirty mouth Fooser. he lies! lies lies lies lies! :wink:

nah we all love Fooser. for being so perceptive...maybe to perceptive...
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

I find it interesting people that do not currently play much or do not have any relation to this happening in Silverbrand care to post. I will post a logg from Gort that I will not edit. Please don't allow this to affect you ig.(That's cheating) This was the night befor(Rl) the attack Stephen led on Silverbrand.
w:Governor Stephen Rothman: The dwarves and the rose have pushed enough.
w:Gort Greegog: Next thing.
Gort Greegog nods.
w:Governor Stephen Rothman: I am pushing back now.
w:Gort Greegog: I tryin restore meh cult.
w:Governor Stephen Rothman: I will engage the dwarves as well and conquer teir lands.
Governor Stephen Rothman 's distant blue eyes look to gort.
This was befor the attack when Stephen visited Silverbrand not knowing who was there...
Governor Stephen Rothman waits patiently in full midnight blackplate mail, his head only visible. He chews on an apple.
Gort Greegog: Greebs.
Governor Stephen Rothman: Good man.
Governor Stephen Rothman: Mmh..
Galthran: What do you want?
Agyieus Deadskull locks it again.
Governor Stephen Rothman: This is interesting, I wanted to speak to the new voice of Silverbrand..
Galthran: That is I.
Galthran: King galthran
Governor Stephen Rothman smirks, "Galthran..."
Someone (1322717830): he will come soon
Galthran bows
Governor Stephen Rothman: Mmh..
King Galthran: So?
Governor Stephen Rothman laughs as he takes a bite out of his apple.
Gort Greegog: Whur goin?
Governor Stephen Rothman: Well I must admit you are ambitious.
King Galthran: Yes, yes...
Agyieus Deadskull watches the man carefully, in a untrustful way.
Governor Stephen Rothman: But how can you possibly hope to hold the city when the Grey Rose and Magic Academy even Varshikar come?
King Galthran's gloved hand remains on the hilt of his sword, smiling faintly
King Galthran: Oh..who's talking about *holding* it?
King Galthran: Although...It would be nice...
Governor Stephen Rothman seems somewhat different, his eyes distant, his skin paler, his armor pure black, his only emotion his laughing..
Someone (1073328747) knocks on the door "Anyone home?"
King Galthran: Who's there!?
Someone (1073328747): Roo
King Galthran: Ah, let him in.
Agyieus Deadskull: ...
Governor Stephen Rothman: Mmh, quite a force you have indeed amassed, Gort.
w:Agyieus Deadskull: If we let too many people in might be dangerous..
Gort Greegog: Friend ob urrs, king?
Agyieus Deadskull whispers.
w:King Galthran: he's with us
Agyieus Deadskull nods.
w:Jason Tanner: ok
King Galthran: Yes, indeed.
Someone (1073328747) nods "cheers"
Gort Greegog: greebs
Jason Tanner: hello
Agyieus Deadskull: Arg
Governor Stephen Rothman: Galthran you may think it best if you rethink your moves here..
Governor Stephen Rothman: Do not harm him.
Governor Stephen Rothman nods to the dwarf and says in a commanding voice.
King Galthran: Who is he?
Someone (1633691698): impressive..
Governor Stephen Rothman: If you wish to make it out alive, all of you will do as I say.
Agyieus Deadskull frowns
Gort Greegog laughs.
Governor Stephen Rothman: You will not harm any dwarf til I say.
Gort Greegog: Keh....
(I must again ask that no one break rules and use this OOC info in the game.)

I shall also state again I did not make any changes to these quotes. If you are wondering why I posted this it is to filter out all the dumb OOC talk about the Dwarves declaring war on Stephen. Some have posted that the dwarves have done this as it was a fact. I belive a surprise attack or a pre-meditated attack on a city would be an act of war.

I also do not agree with the "Ego" theory. This is insulting to think you would belive Po Stephen would wage war for OOC ego. He is a splended Role Player that deserves much more respect than he is given here.

@Thrubert and his supporters-
I belive the attack on Silverbrand that was during this mass is no more Stephen's fault than it is Nitrams.(And Nitram has NOTHING to do with this.) I belive this was more or less the bandit's fault. We had planned to raid some dwarves during the mass for loot. A mass of crafters would be an all to easy and appealing opportunity for a group of bandits. They then killed Stephen who was a major threat to them and got on the good side of a few dwarves.

Inactivity-
This excuse seems to be invalid by all points of view. The orc cave is more inactive as is Tol Vanimia. Silverbrand is closer and a much smarter place for a military base or whatever you could really want.

I cannot recall who posted the I don't go in game because of fear. Gort is at a rate witch he is pked twice a day or more.

This war will not end at this point. We all just respawn and attack again. If this keeps up in a week or two we will all be weak and fragile with the skills of a new char.. I would like to know if anyone has a REALISTIC idea on how this OOC and IG war will be ended.

I do not have a side in this pointless OOC war. I do how ever in the game. Just trying to clear things up.

-Kent
Athian

Post by Athian »

i personally figured that eventually one side would take a big enough loss to give up whatever territory they were holding (realistically speaking, sometime you have to just run) and be on there way, at which point a nuetral party like greebriar will sweep in and defeat all weakened foes, and the isle will be ruled by halfings. it's quite possible for a war to be conducted in a fair manner. as you said eventually people just won't have the techincal power to keep fighting. but long before that the repsective leaders of the sides should behave like real war time leaders and know when to withdraw attack or surrender.
Poots

Post by Poots »

man gort, I so wish I hadn't read that. now I feel like someone told me the ending to a really good movie, or at least the climax.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Athian wrote:i personally figured that eventually one side would take a big enough loss to give up whatever territory they were holding (realistically speaking, sometime you have to just run) and be on there way, at which point a nuetral party like greebriar will sweep in and defeat all weakened foes, and the isle will be ruled by halfings. it's quite possible for a war to be conducted in a fair manner. as you said eventually people just won't have the techincal power to keep fighting. but long before that the repsective leaders of the sides should behave like real war time leaders and know when to withdraw attack or surrender.
Gobiath ruled by Halflings huh? As much as I like the idea, better lay off of the sibanic Athian. Some of us know our limits and don't have such ambitions. Who'd want that kind of headache and responsibility? No, Greenbriar, and the County of Briar, desires only peace. Not 'Pieces' of anything else. As shakespeare wrote, "Let sleeping dogs lie."

Besides, I think the variety of activity and 'player' governements are positive for Illarion. PO Stephen tries really hard to be reasonable, and RP's very well, and often has to bear the hatred of others 'less-inclined' to be so committed. I actually feel sorry for him. I'm sure there have been many others in a similar position that probably went on to bigger and better things to do than this game. It's only a game guys.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Arist, I liked the picture a few pages back. Hot.
Xalliar wrote:I mean, since when is Illarion only about getting stuff and training?!
Since the account system was introduced.

Keep in mind ladies and gents that formal war was declared. Fair and unfair things will happen, especially with hostile encounters.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I want to implement a new point here.

Players talk OOC about good times to meet each other, to trade with each other, to marry etc.

Why we can not do the same with offical wars and conflicts between two or more parties? Why we only look for our own advantages, that the manpower of the own side is complete, when the "enemies" are rare and helpless?

You want big fights with lots of players at the field or the run at the town. But for something like this it would be better to set a date. You need the manpower of both sides for a fair fight with a result in the end. To hunt a single member of the "enemies" with the complete own group does not lead to results.

I liked the quest in the past, when nearly the whole community was in the desert. The orcs were there and ready and the alliance (not only best fighters) against them too.
Last edited by Lennier on Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

They can do that. But as in real life things go as miss.

Lala Land and Happy Place are going at it. Apparently their beliefs about when to use each other have gotten each territory in an uproar.

Lala land is planning a zone out party on Friday. All the great leaders will be there to take place in their festible of drooling during important lectures. But Happy Place has another thing comming! They storm their troops out and stomp out Lala Land while they are clutched together, with all leaders exposed.

Called Tactics my friend. Power train it some time.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

I agree complete with Lennier

> signed <
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Meh I tried. >.>
Daidalos

Post by Daidalos »

Ku 'Agor wrote:Meh I tried. >.>
It was a ceremony. Only honourless animals don't respect such a holy thing. D:
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Do you think the enemies care about other culture's traditions? Hell no. Traditions and religion are what cause war in the first place.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Lennier wrote:I want to implement a new point here.

Players talk OOC about good times to meet each other, to trade with each other, to marry etc.

Why we can not do the same with offical wars and conflicts between two or more parties? Why we only look for our own advantages, that the manpower of the own side is complete, when the "enemies" are rare and helpless?

You want big fights with lots of players at the field or the run at the town. But for something like this it would be better to set a date. You need the manpower of both sides for a fair fight with a result in the end. To hunt a single member of the "enemies" with the complete own group does not lead to results.

I liked the quest in the past, when nearly the whole community was in the desert. The orcs were there and ready and the alliance (not only best fighters) against them too.
I think that's a good idea and agree; but if the enemies tell each other ooc that they're going to do a surprise attack and take the town, maybe they'll prepare for the surprise attack. That'd be using ooc info ig.
Daidalos

Post by Daidalos »

Ku 'Agor wrote:Do you think the enemies care about other culture's traditions? Hell no. Traditions and religion are what cause war in the first place.
Like I said, honourless.
Well, I rest my case.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

A lizard who is a smith and who says irmorom blessed him shouldfor sure care for a holy ceremony of irmorom. aswell a human following malachin, a honorable god, should respect that he dont attack a town when they have a holy ceremony, and also that he shouldnt slaughter them in their temple.

that is called "roleplay".
Liles

Post by Liles »

Wow...I've always wondered what this 'roleplay' shit is about...

I don't like it.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Apparently neither does she.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I think that's a good idea and agree; but if the enemies tell each other ooc that they're going to do a surprise attack and take the town, maybe they'll prepare for the surprise attack. That'd be using ooc info ig.

I did not mean, to have to talk about what happens exactly. To say "in 2 days between 6:00 to 11:00 pm, our parties fight each other to clear our conflict" should be possible in some cases.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

That still gives them an idea of to wear armor and weapons and bring potions during that time.

The complete and total surprise is mainly what opened the can of whoop-ass Lennier. If you declare war, you should not let your guard down. Especially during mass meetings.
Madsterix

Post by Madsterix »

Thats a really good idea, a bit like the quest planner. It informs the participants OOC, so they don't feel that they are just getting rolled over.

The only bad thing to this idea is that the surprise element to the battle would be ruined, as they have been told beforehand when they might expect an attack.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

this is very right..

But it makes no sense to make a surprise attack at 2-3 members of the enemies and to call "we have won the war", like it is general happen.

It needs solutions, which are accepted by boths sides, made by a nearly ooc-fair acting.
Ku 'Agor

Post by Ku 'Agor »

Consider it as such.

The Trollsbane army intruded and clearly dominated the entire horde of dwarfs. They then started to inhabit the cave. At this point the dwarves have full choice to arrange a counter attack which can be discussed through planning. The dwarfs basicly invited this attack without knowing it, and I garuntee trollsbane wont do the same.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

We've had loads of threads of people whinging that people can't rp because they invaded someone else; so obviously they're annoyed OOC that they've lost whatever they've lost. If there was a war planner, when a surprise war came people would definately prepare or run away or something. They wouldn't care that they'd learnt the info OOC, because they THEMSELVES don't want to be stripped of whatever they have and not just their characters. It's the same with quests. Someone posts that a quest is going to take place somewhere some people's characters would never go; but then they randomly turn up there without any ig warning. People stay offline when there's noone to rp with and then when they see someone they do they'll go ig and start shouting "BOB ((for example)) WHERE ARE YOU?" when their characters are unprovoked; or they'll decide for their characters to meet ooc and just randomly walk to the meeting place where the character would never go and start talking to the other person like it's been expected. People always complain about using OOC info IG but then I've seen this type of behaviour countless times, and it's the SAME THING. So I don't think a war planner would work, as the players would prepare when their characters wouldn't. If a war was going to be fought and it had been arranged by both parties ig anyway, then they don't need a war planner because it can just be posted on the RPG board. And you can't predict war. Sometimes IG wars aren't planned; they just happen. I think that's basically all I have to say on the matter. And there's really no point flaming me; I'm not going to be here to fight my side of the argument or take offense.
Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

I agree a planned war will not solve the problem here, thoe I would like to see one. I have seen both sides attack the other town when only one or two people are online. I will start doing this in the sole purpose of sense-If I declare a town taken by the enemy I will not march in there with 2 or 3 men and attack one guy. That is poor Role Play and both sides can be acused of it. In a real situation if you had wrote that the city was forfeit you would not walk in and be able to kill anyone. There would be other people and you would die. Also there is more to this war than some would see or most woul see I should say. That is another reason an ingame war cannot be held.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

i think people need to stop bitching about ingame issues through ooc, there was no bad rp the only bad rp i've seen since this began was certain dwarf logging to avoid death. Deal with this ingame.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Righto, what Sal said.