deaths

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

Hmm sorry to reactivate this topic, but might it be possible to make the language skills not drain when dieing?

I have just found a dead person far away from city and brought him back to come back to life again, he seemed to have lost every language skill, wasn't even able to talk common...
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

I like the way it removes language skill, gives it an edge.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I will modify the crosses a little. They will increase the language skills up to 100. Will be done tomorrow.

Nitram
Ku 'Agor
Location: LOL PANCAKES - "Ich möchte ein paar wirklich gute Pfannkuchen."

Post by Ku 'Agor »

What about ones you are just learning?

If you die and are simply learning.. say elf.. and you get ressurected, automatic leveling?
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

How about if your char gets ghosted, you lose one of 3 lives, if it happens again you lose 1 of 2 lives, if you die again you lose 1 of 1 life and get a perma - deletion on your character. This will make all people scared of death and into the old games like mario!

MARIO OWNS
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Just to get it:

How does the death-system work now? What were the recent changes?
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Jon Childs wrote:How about if your char gets ghosted, you lose one of 3 lives, if it happens again you lose 1 of 2 lives, if you die again you lose 1 of 1 life and get a perma - deletion on your character. This will make all people scared of death and into the old games like mario!

MARIO OWNS
No Jon, that would cause people to quit playing if their char died.
And this game is in development, bugs happen and chars could get deleted because of it.
So I say: "Shut the smile up."
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

I was joking.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Hate to resurrect this topic but...
Has the multiple deaths thing been fixed?

Just wondering, 'cause my character died and lost the equivalent of 3 skill-up-swirly-thingies for all skills and I think that may have been because I kept freezing up as a ghostie and having to log back in.

If that was meant to happen then I think I'll just run off and cry 'bout the unfairness of life (& death... & skill-drain...) on Gobiath, if it wasn't meant to happen then... Is it gonna be fixed?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Yes the multiple dieing bug got fixed.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

So... you just loose an extravagant amount of skill when you die?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

No.