Hamlet of Greenbriar

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Theon

Post by Theon »

It has been agreed that county laws should be introduced that deal with aspects that affect both Caelum and Greenbriar. Though the two settlements remain self governing in their own matters. Dusty has suggested that their be a meeting to appoint such laws.

Cawdor of Caelum
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

scribbled labourously on a peace of parchment:

MR. cador tank jou for tellink

tJalf
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Thank you Tjalf, Cawdor, William and Delorges for your support.

I would like to call a meeting all Aldermen, Caelum representatives and other interested parties to meet with me at the Tavern in Greenbriar for a meeting to really discuss how our "County" will be shaped. I will act as moderator and arbitrator if that's alright.
((How about Wednesday 7pm Central Standard Time/ Midnight GMT/ Thursday 2am Central European Time???))

We shall be able to discuss Caelum's plans, County laws and organize a fair governance for both villages. Delorges, we'll need your keen legal mind as well!

In my heart, I know this is a positive move for us, and I wish it to be fair and equitable for all concerned. This has never been done before in the history of Gobiath, and we shall be leading a new path of unification that others may follow.

In Service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor of Greenbriar~
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Post by Hamlet of Greenbriar »

I'd also like to welcome Briggi Blumenkind as a new citizen of Greenbriar. Briggi is an excellent Alchemist, making beers, fine wines, and excellent potions. Welcome to Greenbriar!

In service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
Delorges Rugend

Post by Delorges Rugend »

Well, I will join this meeting, of course and I think you are absolute right Mayor, it is a positive move for us.

I think Caelum's land will work together with Greenbriar in a fantastic harmony.

Alderman of Greenbriar
Delorges Rugend
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

((I can't make that. 1AM is a nono. A good time for me would be 8ish and I'm having a friend round all day that day so I cannot do that at all))
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

The meeting at the Tavern has been postponed by a day.

((It will now be Thursday, 3pm CST (USA)/ 8pm GMT/ 10 pm CET(Germany)))

The new date and time seems to work the best for all concerned. I hope as many as possible can make it.

Thank you,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
Theon

Post by Theon »

We apologize for the inconvenience of the time change. Caelum shall attend.

Sir Cawdor of Caelum
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

mayor bottoms,
other authorities,

i will gladly attend.
(( 10 pm germ means 4 pm for me, might be, i have to leave if work calls as fire inspector of our village i'm onduty 24/7
btw alexrose - sorry i was afk for a moment when you screamed in tjalf's ears...))
but, as you know i tend to be slow and shy around many people.

i met mr. Cawdor today. we had a nice talk. he pronounces very cler. it's easy to read from his lips.
if the other settlers-to-be are his like, i think we win good neighbours.

dictated by tjalf kormson, alderman

XXX
Delorges Rugend

The new time is fine , for me.

I must say, I really happy, that Greenbriar gets a neighbour.
It's not only a a good thing for Greenbriar and Caelum, we can show whole Gobiath that differnt villages could be friends and not only opponents.

Alderman of Greenbriar
Delorges Rugend
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

New time is good for me ((So that's 9pm UK then because of daylight saving time?))

~Sir William Elderberry of Caelum~
Theon

Post by Theon »

((Yes 9pm our time))
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

((so our new neighbours are brits, and not colonials?))
Thurbert~

Post by Thurbert~ »

The town of Silberbrand is interrested in picking up diplomatic relationships with the Hamlet of Greenbriar,
a consent about acknowledging each others town and government is the least to ask.

I do not know about any contracts or other legal documents between the city of Silberbrand and the Hamlet and therefor ask, although I know your time is limited due to pressing affairs, if it is posible to have a talk about this topic.

I expect a quick reply and will tell you more about possible dates and times for this meeting in private.

Thurbert,
Chancellor of Silberbrand
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

athorities of greenbriar and caelum,

rumors and stories about battle, treachery blood and defeat of the kingdom of silverbrand are told in our streets.
aparently silverbrand has been conquered by trolsbane.

those two countries have been at war against each other.
but, the immense increase of might that trollsbane or its leader gained today, makes me thinking.

will our neutral stance be respected in future?
i think, we have to think very hard how to maintain our freedom. evading an invasion as well, as evading to be too servile and be eaten bit by bit.

on the other hand we should decide, if we offer the homeless dwarves a place in our midst.

dictated by Tjalf kormson.

XXX
Delorges Rugend

Well, Tjalf, in myopinion we have to stay neutral, always.
It's one of the most imprtant things of Greenbriar, to be neutral.

But the dwarfes, who lost there home can get place to live in Greenbriar, of course.

But please to every leader of Greenbriar and Caelum, stay neutral.

Alderman, Delorges Rugend
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Korm Kormsen wrote:((so our new neighbours are brits, and not colonials?))

((Your neighbours are also american, dutch and german; it just happens Cawdor and I are english))

Sorry to disappoint you, but Caelum takes no sides in inter-town war. We will fight tyrants, undead armies etc. by all means; but we shall never join other towns to fight against each other.

Sir William Elderberry, Lord of Caelum
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

Sir William Elderberry, Lord of Caelum,

no, Sir! if you declare, not to take sides in inter-town wars, you dont disapoint me. on the contrary.

i am not thinking about staying neutral or not. i am thinking about how we may be able to stay neutral.
by being usefull business pardners to everybody only, like we do untill now, or shall we have to build up defence forces as well?

written for Tjalf Kormson, Alderman of the Hamlet of Greenmbriar.

XXX
-his sign-

((edit: so we stay with the time-sinchronization probs))
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

If a town declares war on our ally though, i.e. you, we would assist.

Sir William Elderberry, Lord of Caelum
Theon

Post by Theon »

There is a scheduled meeting for talk like this.

Sir Cawdor,
Lord of Caelum
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Our sympathies go to all the dwarves of Silverbrand. The news of the Battle has been forthcoming considering the deteriorating relations between them and Trolls Bane.

As always, we have taken a Neutral stance in this war and therefore neither condone nor condemn it, however, simply recognize the facts. If TrollsBane controls Silverbrand, then it is simply so.

For any Dwarves in Exile, our Town Laws support "sanctuary" for anyone that requests it for reasons such as asylum, persecution, etc. However the rules of Sanctuary are explained. Once granted Sanctuary, you cannot leave the Briar, if you wish 'protection'. We cannot be responsible for your actions once you leave. Therefore Sanctuary will be voided if you do.

Simply ask myself, or any of our Aldermen for it to be interviewed and approved for it.

We ask that everyone allow time for peace to prevail again, and may the Gods safeguard the innocent.

In Service,
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

To the respected councilmen of Briar,
I have absolutely no qualms with you granted sanctuary to those dwarven men and women whom will leave Silverbrand. However, I will not allow you to allow Gloin sanctuary; he is wanted and has been wanted by Trolls Bane for his close affliations with the Temple of Bjolmur as well has his previous attacks on Trolls Bane citizens and guardsmen.
I am sure you can see my point,
I thank you,
Stephen Rothman
Warrior of Malachin
Ruler of Silverbrand
Governor of Trolls Bane
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

mayor bottoms,

i think, the whole council should meet, before we give any official reaction to the writing, the governer of trollsbane has send to us.

dictated and signed by Tjalf Kormson.

tJaLf
Delorges Rugend

I would like to say something about that what governer Rohtman send us.

But Tjalf is wright,the town council should meet.

Alderman Delorges Rugend
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Stephen Rothman, with all due respect.

Crimes
§1. Criminal fugitives.
In the instance a criminal arrives on the Isle of Briar is wanted by another town they may request Sanctuary in Greenbriar from the Town Council. Sanctuary will commonly be granted in cases of persecution, genocide, poverty or national conflict as well as other reasons determined solely by the Town Council.
A hearing will be convened and sanctuary status determined. If granted Sanctuary, they must remain on the Isle of Briar to receive protection. Once they have traveled off the Isle, either by crossing the Bridge, by Magic or other means, protection status is lost.
If not granted sanctuary status, the fugitive will be asked to leave the Isle.

~Unsigned~
Last edited by AlexRose on Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Governor Stephen Rothman's request is a fair and noble one. If Gloin has indeed committed crimes, it is provided within our laws not to provide sanctuary. His request will be considered amongst all the council members of the Briar. Gloin, as yet, has not asked for sanctuary, but due to the rightful request of the Governor, an Honorary Citizen by the way, we shall conduct a hearing about the issue and request the Governor to present testimony to Gloin's crimes at that time. Nothing should be mentioned about this subject publicly until this hearing.

Sir William Elderberry, please refrain from any further public personal attacks on other "Heads of State". Doing so again, will constitute Sedition with the consequences thereof. This applies to anyone claiming to speak for the Briar without the Council's consent.

We shall meet for Government issues tomorrow, and discuss a time for a hearing about the Governor's request.

Thank You,
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

mayor Bottoms,

our council meeting interrupted by cold storms, (i felt like frozen) i take this way, to express my ideas to one of the points, we had not touched, before the storms.
the writing from the governer of trollsbane.
i am sure, that his point of view results of being not informed about our law, concerning persons in exile on our island.
if you, mayor, explain him, how this law works, he will see its advantage for him and trollsbane. that he will know, where those persons are.
and, one or two exiled enemies of his should not outweight his advantage of our production and its avaiability in trollsbane.
with that toxic parasites on many fruits he will need our prepared foods for his troops.
no other place of the island seems to be peacefull enough, that farmers and cooks can augment their production, like we can.
i am positve, that this missunderstanding can be ended easyly.

another point: i dont know about the other countries, but trollsbane has very few ploughed fields. every day there are persons of that city, planting in greenbriar. we ourselves plant more lately as well.
we should think about additional fields.

i did not understand everything said at the meeting, so may be, that you others allready touched these points.

still another point more: with our unwellcome neighbours to the south, we should check, if we do not need one or two deputies more, if we can pay that.
some days ago one of our female citizens was attacked by the undead, and no deputy was near, to help.
(she was so seriously injured, she had to be brought to trollsbane, for treatment)

dictated and signed by Tjalf Kormson, Alderman

TjalF
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Tjalf,
Thank you for your points.

I will discuss the matter with Stephen, if he will explain it to me. However I feel that he may be correct in his assessment. At any rate, we can't get involved with the combatants of the war between Silverbrand and Trollsbane. I believe the Briar shouldn't offer Sanctuary to Gloin as the Governor requested, yet Sanctuary may still be offered to the non-combatants and innocent.

As for the extra fields, I'll see what I can do.

Deputies are always looked for, yet seldom applied for. We will continue to hire deputies. I'll talk to Alex about increasing his efforts.

Thank you.
~Dusty Bottoms~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Dear friends,

The Town Counciil met with the representative of the Settlement of Caelum, also being formed on the Isle. A new dream has beeen born.

We have agreed to unify together to form the "County of Briar". Each city will remain 'independent', yet unite together into a 'County Government' for our common defense. The Militia shall be reformed, even a Navy. Some city 'offices' shall become county ones. The Briar shall speak with one voice. I am working on a new Board for "Briar County" and will have it completed soon. At that time, this city board shall be replaced in favor of the new one.

We strive for peace, but we must prepare for war........these are troubled times in Gobiath, and we must maintain our treasured peace.....through strength. Someday, Gobiath will be united, through peace and remain in peace. Until then....we seem to be alone in our desire for peace.

I ask all able-bodied fighters to enlist in the new militia. I pray we may never need it. Help however you can to provide food, arms and armors for our defenders. Thank you.

In Service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~
Hamlet of Greenbriar

Citizens and friends,
The new board for the county is up, within which shall be the Hamlet of Greenbriar (Same except for minor changes) and Caelum boards.

((Guilds - "County of Briar"))

We will continue to use the internal city board in the Tavern,

((http://enca.byto.de/wbblite/index.pht))

for discussions and such of the Hamlet. This Board will now be locked and replaced in favor of the County Board.

Thank you,
In Service,
~Dusty Bottoms, Mayor~