New Learning System

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Weak character can get some skills up now, but rather rarely, still harder than it was before. And stronger characters cant get anything, completely nothing after one full trainings with skeletons, 2 with bandits and one with both trolls and skeletons, nothing. Theses are after it supposely became "super easy".
Jalen Noel

Post by Jalen Noel »

I did some sand mining and got three levels in about 50 attempts. Not bad. But then I went back to town to do some smelting and sword-making and didn't get ANYTHING in almost 100 collective attempts. I don't get this at all.
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

Maybe Cassandra was just kidding and he made it more random than it was before. :P :wink:
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Seriously it seems like it lol
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

I want the old system back :cry:
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

The old system was random too...
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Cassandra, can you please inform us on the technics of the learning system so we aren't left in the dark?

Is the "intelligence" attribute more of a factor now? Is it really 10 times harder than the original 10 times that was first implemented?

I just want to know these things so I know I'm not wasting my time training with monsters, getting practically no skill and watching my precious 6 silver 50 copper light mercenary armor break.

Thanks.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Oh well, I think its just 2 times harder than 10 times harder. Anyway, its still too hard..its harder than it was before, and training an experienced character is only a loss of time.
Caldrion Sternenglanz

Post by Caldrion Sternenglanz »

i dont think, that its hard. my char isnt intelligent an he can skillup.
its hard, but its fair. another char of mine can skillup faster, but he is two times more intelligent than the other char...
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Maybe learning depends on the skill? Guess they made magic easier and fighting harder :roll: . Tried training Arameh many times, completely nothing, and he has 8 intelligence, which is high for a fighter.

Edit : Low skilled characters can train, but its just a loss of time for stronger ones.
Caldrion Sternenglanz

Post by Caldrion Sternenglanz »

perhaps the skillS fighting has to do with many attributes and so its harder to train? I am training now the skill carpentry for four month without leraning something. its badluck.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

I think that when the system got changed over, some of the 'skill specific' tweaking got lost.

Don't worry, it is being worked on. Just because the devs don't always *answer* what you say doesn't mean they aren't hearing it. They're trying to balance out several things, including things for future inclusion to the game that you haven't seen yet.

Just be patient, and continue to give (constructive) feedback.

As a side note.. because of the way the system is set up right now, it effectively does make it much harder to level a high-level character than a low-level one... and makes it *critical* to do things that are difficult enough to 'challenge' you. Unfortuantely, that's easy for a tailor or a carpenter, but for a fighter, means you have to fight some pretty nasty beasties. Because of the way it's set up, if you fight things too 'easy' for you, it doesn't mean you will learn slowly... it effectively means you won't learn *at all*.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Xalliar wrote:As i said: no.
And I find it nothing but fair if mages learn faster than fighters.
Kthxbai.
Oh right, so then since they can use their magic everywhere, train everywhere, and get it much more powerful, they has to learn it easier as well? I have to tell WTF
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

You dont even know what overpowered means. OVERpowered, you know the smile OVER means? Anyway, I know you think every players of fighters cant RP, but that dosent means its true and that they all have to be idiotic shits that cant do anything. There are still changes in the way, you can as well shout "yay mages are overpowered!!" but its gonna be changed anyway.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Xalliar wrote:
I know you think every players of fighters cant RP
I do not remember to have said it so extremely.
What I said was that I don't like the MOST Warriors' RP, but this does not mean that it IS so, and it does not mean that ALL are playing bad.
RP is very relative, and I can only talk for my own opinion concerning this.

And yes, I know the smile what Overpovered means.
I am not an idiotic shit aswell, you know ;)
The word "overpowered" is meant to be understood out of the sight of a warrior. I mean, if I would play a warrior with about 3 INT, 2 WIL and like 4 ESS, I also would think that mages are overpowered... But they are not.
As you said, a warrior with INT 8 is something quite rare... So isn't it the fault of the POs, if they don't give a shit on Magic resistance?

Its the same for a mage with 3 constitution, but thats not the point at all of what we talk here. WE are talking that right now something as simple and easy as fighting (like you say), its about twice harder than magic (supposed to be a great powerful art) to be learned, if you think this is logic :roll: But there is nothing more to add, tis gonna be changed, end.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Logic not realist :roll:

Logic in the mean of balanced, fair and well made..

Killing someone in one hit in illarion would be illogic, want a link to a dictionary?
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

I think it's ok when mages are overpowered. But than it should me much harder to become a good mage, than a good warrior. AND the unfairest thing ever: Mages can train their parry as easy as the warriors, but almost no warrior is able to train his magic resistance. PO mages have so many avails.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

the unfairest thing ever: Mages can train their parry as easy as the warriors, but almost no warrior is able to train his magic resistance.
Um...no, not really. the typical mage doesnt survive a fight with a mummy. he has just not the attributes to do that
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

but if the POs would, they could train their parry with flies. then go on with mummies and and and. but the easiest enemy to train magic resistance is the skeleton mage and it needs three - five attacks of him and a good warrior is dead
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

As well as the different mummys skeletons around striking you, and the possibility that there is overspawning, making it impossible to go there alone.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Negyth wrote:but if the POs would, they could train their parry with flies. then go on with mummies and and and. but the easiest enemy to train magic resistance is the skeleton mage and it needs three - five attacks of him and a good warrior is dead
I cannot train my parry with flies. I would die, frankly, unless my skill with commotio is high enough to give my fireballs some power. You have never played a mage have you?
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

hm yeah.. but the flies are no problem for any chara. i think there should be a possibility for knight to get on a low level of magic resistance. maybe like the dodge-ing thing. its very hard to get good in dodgeing. maybe the magic resistance should be around dodgeing. and the spawning. youre right. when i walked into the crypta with neg, yesterday, i wanned to train with the skellies, but i didnt reach them, because of about 140 mummies on my way lol. before i was able to reach them, my chara wasnt able to conzentrate no more... and i only need about two - five hits for one mummy
Jalen Noel

Post by Jalen Noel »

The more I go, the more I realize that some skills are training easily while others seem to be totally stagnant. I've gotten plenty of level-ups in both mining and lumberjacking in the last few days. However, despite hundreds of attempts in both, I haven't gotten a single level in either smithing or glassblowing. I also haven't gotten a fighting level-up in several trips to the crypt.
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

i have one. and he is able to beat a mummy, if it is a lonely one.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

After killing 100 skeletons in a day, with no skill ups, i think it is safe to say...

I am powergaming.

Well not really, but my char has 3 intelligence, top end skills, and has beaten up alot of skeletons and other things, no skill ups whatsoever, so could just be intelligence to 'what is there left to learn' ratio.
Jeremey of Kumdah

Me too

Post by Jeremey of Kumdah »

The system is very bad. One time i was just going to the pigs and almost every two slashes i was leveling . I went from starting blue to much lightter blue. I did not know whether to take advantage of this or report a gm. unfortunately my leveling stopped. Any one have an idea of what in the world happend?
Samantha Meryadeles

You became too good for pigs. Continue with mummys
Jeremey of Kumdah

Thanks.

But i thought hated me why would you help me Samantha?
Samantha Meryadeles

I never said I hate you :roll:
Jeremey of Kumdah

well you were close to it.
zapping someone to green brair and making him Walk all the way back to TB means you hate me?

you rejected two of my chars and lets see one time you said.....

*sigh

Never mind

Back to main topic.
Last edited by Jeremey of Kumdah on Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.