Tavern catastrophe

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

That is ruining rp. In this game, no one has a higher standing, you could of left too
To you too...use your brain or inform yourself before you write.

we celebrated the reopening of the tavern! The owner of the tavern celebratet it with others! And you really say we should go with that to somewhere other so that a few orcs can have their discussions in the tavern?

God...i can't belief that all....you guys are really... *shakes head*
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Shandariel el Lysanthrai wrote:The community is already ruined. Thanks to such idiots like the guys who posted above.
Illarion becomes more and more advanced every month in matter of technology, but the roleplay and the community goes slowly to hell. thanks to such guys.
Really, you need to cool down. You could get yourself banned for all of the shit you've posted already.
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

yes. because, those who only wants to be the best, will go to other game. and those, who wants to roleplay would stay here. and i want a charwipe with this skillupsystem :twisted:

i am a cynical person. you will see, how much will spend their time here, if they cant get mighty...
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Shandariel el Lysanthrai wrote:
That is ruining rp. In this game, no one has a higher standing, you could of left too
To you too...use your brain or inform yourself before you write.

we celebrated the reopening of the tavern! The owner of the tavern celebratet it with others! And you really say we should go with that to somewhere other so that a few orcs can have their discussions in the tavern?

God...i can't belief that all....you guys are really... *shakes head*
I think you should revise the whole post before writing this. Of course, it would be illogical to leave, but if you wish to carry on an expected RP, then you COULD of left.

I was trying to point out that complaining about the two characters not using other options is hypocritical. The post goes a bit deeper as well.
krazytoe

Post by krazytoe »

let's make love,not war :wink:
mjrrjs

Post by mjrrjs »

I wonder why no other people complain about the rp of others while claiming they do not use their brains.
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Maybe you read the thread again and read the posts where others complaint about the rp and doings of the named once?

and that are just those who wrote them down. i know more who dislike what happened too who doesn't write here because they know guys like jon or arameh are dragging everything into dirt
Last edited by Shandariel el Lysanthrai on Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Shandariel el Lysanthrai wrote:The community is already ruined. Thanks to such idiots like the guys who posted above.
Illarion becomes more and more advanced every month in matter of technology, but the roleplay and the community goes slowly to hell. thanks to such guys.
I hate to sound harsh... because I actually do like you... but if that's how you feel, just leave.

Honestly, lately all I've seen you do in the forums, and even to an extent in the game, is attack other players for how they play their characters, telling them what they should and shouldn't do, and on and on. I think you have done a lot more to quash other people's enjoyment of the game than those you are scolding ever have.

You are a very talented RPer... but you need to quit spending all your time attacking other players, and more time RPing.
martin

Re: Tavern catastrophe

Post by martin »

Shandariel el Lysanthrai wrote:And that devs who were disturbing everything with their damn trader messages that flooded the room!
No idea what was going on and who was it, but thanks anyway, piss off.

Martin
Thariel Feuersturm

well, you are right. Po shand is a very aggressive writer.

@Shandariel: bleib bitte cool. wenn du leute beleidigst, erreichst du ncihts. Da nimmt dich niemand ernst. Ich finde es uach nciht gut, aber es ist hier schon alles gesagt und wenn man sich immer beschwert, ist man in keiner guten Erinnerung

@Arameh, Stephen an co.: well, please admit, that you ruined that roleplay. would you be angry of it, if you would plan this and someone would ruin it?

@all: lets take a look on this situation. what do you want for the next time?
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Jemand (1723034184): I buy a teller
Jemand (4278190110): You want 1 plate? Here you are, that makes .
Kitty MacGaffy macht eine abwinkende Handbewegung.
Jemand (1723034184): I sell a teller
Jemand (4278190110): You want to sell a plate? I give you 2 copperpieces.
Jemand (1723034184): I buy 10 teller
Jemand (4278190110): You want a plate? Here you are, that makes .
Shandariel el Lysanthrai: ~the swan was in her movements...and the morning in her smile~
Jemand (1723034184): I buy 100 teller
Jemand (4278190110): I am sorry, I don't have this currently. Come back later.
Jemand (4278190110): Sorry, you do not have enough spacess in your inventory.
Kitty MacGaffy setzt sich wieder und lauscht.
Gryphius Messerzunge plays some nice sounding tunes on a lute
Gryphius Messerzunge spielt einige gute klingende Töne auf der Laute
Shandariel el Lysanthrai smiles warmly as she dances swiftly to the music, her body moving gracious and quick
Gryphius Messerzunge plays a lilting melody on a lute
Gryphius Messerzunge spielt eine trällernde Melodie auf der Laute
Jemand (4278190110): I am sorry, I don't have this currently. Come back later.
Shandariel el Lysanthrai: ~all the roses in the garden...they bow and ask her pardon~
Jemand (1723034184): I buy a teller
Jemand (1723034184): I buy teller
Shandariel el Lysanthrai: ((can you stop up there? please!))
Gra'able Bonegrinder: Concience?
Gra'able Bonegrinder: still dere?
Jemand (1723034184): ((no))
Gryphius Messerzunge plays some nice sounding tunes on a lute
Gryphius Messerzunge spielt einige gute klingende Töne auf der Laute
Shandariel el Lysanthrai: ((xyou are disturbing a whole rp event here!))
Siltaris leans back and lays her arm around alica
Jemand (1723034184): status
Jemand (4278190110): Copper=219.5, next delivery: 31703cycCount:19561
Gra'able Bonegrinder charges through the door, breaking it
S:Gra'able Bonegrinder: Rawr!
Eviliel Eandil: You are disturbing the celebration down .,
Glóin Redlaughter alias Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár stands
Kevin Lightdot looks at the orc
Jemand (1723034184): One minute
Jemand (1723034184): Status
Jemand (4278190110): Copper=219.5, next delivery: 31703cycCount:19763
Dinendal Narmolanya: #m lookks at the orc
Kevin Lightdot sighs "Here they come again..."
Shandariel el Lysanthrai: ~for not one could match the beauty...of the queen of all argyll~
Gra'able Bonegrinder: concience say run away
Glóin Redlaughter alias Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár: 5coins admission please
Gryphius Messerzunge plays a lilting melody on a lute
Gryphius Messerzunge spielt eine trällernde Melodie auf der Laute
Shandariel el Lysanthrai smiles and stops dancing, standing again calm
Jemand (1723034184): I sell a teller
Jemand (4278190110): You want to sell a plate? I give you 3 copperpieces.
Glóin Redlaughter alias Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár: all righ'..
Gryphius Messerzunge returns to a slower tune.
Gra'able Bonegrinder: ((dude the door is broke))
Jemand (1723034184): status
Jemand (4278190110): Copper=216.5, next delivery: 31703cycCount:20031
i would say you piss off. that dev was disturbing the roleplay event of a dozen chars with his npc thing. and he didnt care that he disturbed it and simply continued. while we wanted to do roleplay

That happened in the middle of the event. while many chars were sitting downstairs, and their players tried to do roleplay and enjoy the roleplay moment
martin

Post by martin »

If technical development of Illarion disturbs your roleplay you better go for IRC.

Temp bann will be lifted whenever I feel like it.

Martin
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Thariel Feuersturm wrote:well, you are right. Po shand is a very aggressive writer.

@Shandariel: bleib bitte cool. wenn du leute beleidigst, erreichst du ncihts. Da nimmt dich niemand ernst. Ich finde es uach nciht gut, aber es ist hier schon alles gesagt und wenn man sich immer beschwert, ist man in keiner guten Erinnerung

@Arameh, Stephen an co.: well, please admit, that you ruined that roleplay. would you be angry of it, if you would plan this and someone would ruin it?

@all: lets take a look on this situation. what do you want for the next time?
Yes, possibly, I could have helped in ruining the event. But it was not my intention, I am not the sort of peoples that likes to scrap the RP. The only thing I do is play my character, my character HAD PLENTY of reasons to be mad and do this, as well as he was not totally himself (goblin), he got there and called shandariel a whore because he thought she was being mean to him and and the other green things. I personally dont feel I did anything wrong, and I can still sleep in the night, sorry for you, but no one else than you could get banned from this.
Thariel Feuersturm

for this, there are ooc. you can talked and say that you have to akt like this, because you are playin a goblin and ask, if you have permission. if they see, that it isnt you intention, to ruin it, it had been able to implement it in that event and you all could have a great roleplay TOGETHER.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Im really sorry, but I didnt understand anything of your post Thariel.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

As said, this game is fun. You get what you put into it. Great roleplay is never hindered truly, you can always react to progress your char.
Thariel Feuersturm

LOL

perhaps someone can write this in english:

dass hätte man in ooc klären können. Einfach sagen, dass man sich bewusst ist, dass hier ein event stattfindet, aber man hier eine rolle spielt, wie man sich die vorstellt, und ob es möglich ist, diese mit einzubinden. dann hätte man ooc darüber kurz rden können. so um die 3 minuten. und schon hat man vielleicht ein tolles Rollenspiel ZUSAMMEN.

sorry, its late for me and i am talking with six persons on icq...
krazytoe

Post by krazytoe »

everybody needs a big hug
Loralyn
Location: Follow me into this dark alley and i'll show you...

Post by Loralyn »

Okay, this is harsh coming from me, but....shut up. No hugs, no loves. Just let them vent.
krazytoe

Post by krazytoe »

sure...ok...*shuts up*
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

------------------ << Where people are.

------------------ << Where people need to be.
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

Arameh_ wrote:Im really sorry, but I didnt understand anything of your post Thariel.
Thariel Feuersturm wrote:for this, there are ooc. you can talked and say that you have to akt like this, because you are playin a goblin and ask, if you have permission. if they see, that it isnt you intention, to ruin it, it had been able to implement it in that event and you all could have a great roleplay TOGETHER.
-------
dass hätte man in ooc klären können. Einfach sagen, dass man sich bewusst ist, dass hier ein event stattfindet, aber man hier eine rolle spielt, wie man sich die vorstellt, und ob es möglich ist, diese mit einzubinden. dann hätte man ooc darüber kurz rden können. so um die 3 minuten. und schon hat man vielleicht ein tolles Rollenspiel ZUSAMMEN.
-->For this, there is OOC (as in the ability to use it effectively in order to better the role-play). You can talk it over in OOC and say that you have to act like this because because you're playing a goblin, and then ask for permission to do so in the specific roleplay environment (in this case, it's the tavern celebration, I guess). If the other party sees that it isn't your intention to actually ruin their roleplay, then you could compromise the different character roles and have great roleplay TOGETHER (instead of fighting almost territorially like a pair of male tabby cats snarling at each other over a half-eaten can of tuna.)
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Right I understand what it meant now, thanks Delakaniam.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Did he really say that part with the tabby cats and tuna?
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

Sure, Fooser. That's what the "N" of "ZUSAMMEN" stands for. Yes, just that one letter. Isn't German fantastic?

:wink:
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

LoL. Apparently.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

yeah, i definately hate it when I plot on Stephen to have a big event only to have orcs, undead, bandits come into town and spoil. I just hate it so much because you know i really love Stephen, he is basically my life and when something does not go his way I get mad. God why can't you guys understand that if you piss on Stephen its like your pissing on me? Now lets have some great fun roleplay and let me do whatever I want to do ingame.
Irania

Post by Irania »

....Was that sarcasm?
Sess'sth

Post by Sess'sth »

No. :roll:
Damien

Post by Damien »

Next time, a good solution would simply be to pause the RP until the Dev is finished. Illarion is Alpha, and technical stuff can be done everytime if necessary.
In any other way, the Dev could also have kicked all players as long as he worked. That's the other option we have here.