New Learning System

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

randomness is NOT what we want. What we want is this type of learning system in which more you do, the closer you get to being better. However it is still too hard.
I definately vote no about getting random levels, regardless of how hard it is to get skill becuase this current system is the one we want.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I'm with Sam on this one.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Yeah I agree too, I dont want randomness in learning, I mean, if you parry..you learn parry..there is nothing needed to be random in that.
But it just needs to be much much easier.
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

I think the new learnin' system is much too complicated, too. (sry but i have to write german now, too complicated lol)

Wie wärs damit:

Es gibt eine Chance die je nach "Erfahrungspunkten" steigt. Man kann bis zu 100 Punkte pro Level bekommen. Die Punkte steigern die Chance. Je nach höhe des Skills den man bereits hat, wird es schwerer zu skillen. Das heißt, es gibt praktisch zwei "Chancenskalen", die eine für die höhe des skill, die bei 99% anfängt und die andere die bei 1% beginnt und steigt, je nachdem wie viel man trainiert. ist der skill dann gestiegen fällt die chance durch das training wieder auf eins und die bei der höhe des skill um 0.2 prozent oder so. Wär das nich besser? (ich hoffe es is auch verständlich was ich meine lol).

Um die Vielseitigkeit zu vergrößern könnte man nebenbei noch eine art punktesystem für die prozentzahlen des trainingseinführen. Beim kampf könnte das in etwa so aussehen:

Schwein: 2 Prozentpunkt / Schlag
Mumie: 5 Prozentpunkte / Schlag usw.

Je nach bereits erreichtem skill könnte man dann wieder etwas von den Prozenten abziehen:

Prozentchance durch Skill:

99% (Level 0) ~ -0,0 %
98% (Level 5) ~ -0,5 %
97% (Level 10) ~ -1,0 % usw.

Bekämpft also ein Charakter, dessen Hiebwaffenskill auf Level 5 ist (Chance entspricht dann noch 98%) ein Schwein mit einem Schwert, steigt die Chance auf einen Level-Up nur noch um 1,5 Punkte pro Schlag (Schwein minus Prozentchance -> 2 - 0,5 = 1,5.)

Der Charakter müsste dann insgesamt mindestens 67 mal ein Schwein treffen, bis er 100%ig einmal auflevelt. (Beispiel an einer Mumie:
Mumie minus Prozentchance -> 5 - 0,5 = 4,5. D.h. Ein Charakter in Level 5 müsste eine Mumie 23 mal treffen, damit er sicher auflevelt.)

Ich weiß nicht, in wie fern das programmiertechnisch umsetzbar is, aber so fänd ichs gut lol
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Äh, ist das mit der ansteigenden internen Wahrscheinlichkeit eines (sichtbaren) Levelantiegs nicht schon so im aktuellen System...?
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

kein plan :?
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

jepp im grunde hat negyth das aktuelle skillsystem erläutert, es funktioniert ein klein wenig anders aber im grunde ist es das ;)
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

naja aber dann sind bei euch die punkte wesentlich fieser verteilt. sonst würde mein neuer char wesentlich schneller lernen. ich hab jetzt in einer woche mumienmetzeln einmal gelevelt.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

The learning system also affect english peoples btw.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

It also effects german players as well. They might be able to elaborate better. More than half this discussion was in english, a bit of german won't hurt.
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Arameh_ wrote:The learning system also affect english peoples btw.
What about french?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Yes! I can give my opinion in french!

If most posts are in english its because everyone here can read english, but not everyone can read german. If this was not important..ok, but if it was it could be helpful if everyone could read it.
Negyth

Post by Negyth »

we just had a discussion bout that, because there are german players who cant read english and there wasn't any translation of the (very difficult) text from Cassandra.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Can we get a resume of your big post then?
Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár

Post by Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár »

Negyth had make a suggestion for the new skill system, but cassandra said that his suggestion is already realized! what negyth has said was the inofficial explanation for the skill system... so not realy helpful! :wink:

Sorry Neg...
Jalen Noel

Post by Jalen Noel »

I noticed that someone referenced "Morrowind" in a previous post, and I think that game is a great model for skill-gain. The less experienced you are, the easier it is to gain skills. The difficulty increases with every level (crude example: 10 successful attempts at lvl 1 gets you a level-up... 50 sucessful attempts at level 10 gets you a level-up). There's no randomness to that system, and it makes all the sense in the world. Maybe that's the basic format of what's currently in place, but it doesn't seem to be working that way. I'm at the bottom-level of skills like mining and tailoring, but I never gain any levels despite repeated efforts in both.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I'm finding it A BIT better today, I gained twice with alot of playing, think one was parry and one was slashing. I'm a pretty good slasher and it seems I have to put to much into increasing the level. I too like this idea of a system where it gets harder as you go, but at this rate it seems I am not moving ahead enough for the amount of work I'm doing. Today I found that my character was able to concentrate better, not sure if something was fixed there. For over a week I could attack maybe 4 or 5 mummies and then I was 'unable to concentrate on learning' and mummies are a cinch! It didn't matter how much rest ofline I had.. anyhow it is working much better today. This ended up being long sorry, in a nutshell.. too long to gain levels.;)
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

The thing is, its already like that, its harder when youre better, with this current system Arameh as example woulnt gain any skills up in 150 bandits...just so you know. I dont know what we are waiting to change it..
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

in the randomness section i can see how it would work...for the example Ara gave "if you parry you learn parry there no randomness" but there is randomness. When someone would parry their blade wouldnt go in the same place over and over, there are different blade positions and different ways to block certain swings giving the blocker a better angle at the opponent. I really dont like the randomness but i do see how it can fall into play
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Just played a few days ago, waaay to freakin' hard.

I barely have the time and patience to train Delanroth the way I did, so what's my motivation for doing it 10 times longer? And if my character sucks at everything, what's my motivation for playing? Sheesh.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Yeah agree, making it harder will only make peoples stop training, or powergame all the time instead of RPing, because its MUCH too hard.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Should've been here back in the good ol' days, when one could master something in a day if they powergamed the hell out of their character. Then Serpardum made it 10x longer gain, and some people had trouble with it. But now, 10x than 10x? Slap my ass in public why don't you.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Bloodhearte wrote: Slap my ass in public why don't you.
thats why i love marines!
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Monotony is not a good thing. Players do not want to sit there for hours to gain a point of skill.

Don't turn this into a generic Korean online game please.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Don't worry Donal, it's European.
krazytoe

Post by krazytoe »

i am having fun annoying people with Cyndil's sucky sewing-she just can't seem to get the hang of it :roll:
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Dónal Mason wrote:Monotony is not a good thing. Players do not want to sit there for hours to gain a point of skill.

Don't turn this into a generic Korean online game please.
Bwhahaha, those silly silly Koreans...
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Serously...
I killed 15 pigs and had 5 swirlys...
It reaaly is to hard >.<
I think someone got sick of all the whining...
Last edited by Kevin Lightdot on Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I got 4 swirls doing my magic. O.o
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

lol. i have mentioned on IRC yet. perhaps is it now easier for a while to push us a time because of the last week...