A Few Ideas

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Jalen Noel

A Few Ideas

Post by Jalen Noel »

I haven't been a round a long time, so one or all of these may have already been proposed and are either being worked on or were dismissed. Nevertheless...

1. In the interest of good roleplaying, maybe the NPC merchants should "go to sleep" during the night hours. I know that this would make things tough for players who are limited as to what times they can get on, but it just really breaks the realism of the game when people are selling Morgan leather in the dead of night. Perhaps the shops could run all hours, but the NPCs change to some new faces as if they were working shifts.

2. I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but could cloaks be made different GM-assigned colors? When I was new to the game and didn't know anything, it was impossible to know who the guards were in case of trouble. It makes it very easy for noobs to get taken advantage of. Perhaps having guards with certain cloak colors, and then knights with their own as well, would make things easier for new people.

3. A NPC in Trolls Bane (Morgan, perhaps? He's a leather worker) needs to be able to sell you leather bags. It's a very common item, and it shouldn't be has hard to find as it is. I lost mine in the crypt almost a month ago, and I only JUST got a new one. I know there was a NPC in Greenbriar who sold them, but he's broken as far as I can tell. It's a crucial item to such activities as mining and crypt hunting, so I think they should be more accessible.

4. Why aren't lamb, deer, rabbit, and other non-pork meats cookable? In a game that focuses heavily on RPG and realism, that just makes no sense at all.

5. Lastly... I think there should be an "unconsciousness" that precedes "death" in the game. Right before you'd deliver the usual death blow and send someone to the cross, you should be able to totally incapacitate them. This would be helpful from a RPG standpoint, especially for guards who are just trying to maintain order and don't want to go around slaughtering. For people with less honorable intentions, knocking someone unconscious could give them the opportunity to pick their pockets without being guilty of murder.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

1. Hmm, maybe.

2. I think this would be too difficult at the moment. There would need to be new graphics for every color.

3. I believe bags can be bought elsewhere.

4. I don't think that these meals/meats are implemented as cooked yet, time is the key factor.

5. Maybe, I think it use to be like this. I don't know where I stand on this subject, I don't really mind.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I have only one comment on 5:
You can rp it... sjeesh...
Gildon

Post by Gildon »

You can rp being unconciouss while you are actually a spirit who is losing skills by the minute?
AlexRose

Re: A Few Ideas

Post by AlexRose »

1. Hmm... I like this system NOW. Plus, change faces? What the NPC suddenly changes mysteriously?
2. Well, what do you mean take advantage of noobs? That's a bit of a silly concept I think. An experianced player would also be decieved by someone posing. You could also #me examines him to see if he has a guard cloak.
3. You can buy them from other players for cheaper. I think having every NPC in one place is a stupid idea, I think they should be spread out.
4. I thought they were. But if they're not, I agree.
5. Well, if the player doesn't particularly want to be knocked out for long periods of time because it'd be quite boring, they shouldn't have to be. Also, if you deliver a good blow at someone then a lot of people will RP being knocked out. I have several times.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

1. If I want realism, I go out and walk down the streets.
-unknown Illarion player

Too much realism is not realistic.
-a key developer

If I want to play a game, I want to have fun. Reality is no fun for me.
-unknown Illarion player

Realism sucks.
-a former Illarion gamemaster

This proposal would require a massive change in the time factor. Being not able to trade with NPCs for about 4 hours RL-time does not promote anything

2. In the long run, something like this might be possible, but as far as I know, it has no priority on the big to do list.

3. In work

4. In work (for the devs: check out the second script in this post: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 891#290891)

5. For concussion weapons, well, why not. Seems to be not that hard to implement (massive deduction of action points upon dropping below X HP after an attack with a concussion weapon).
Last edited by Estralis Seborian on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Haha, those quotes rule.