Trial of Gobbledog Ugydoog

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Korwin

Trial of Gobbledog Ugydoog

Post by Korwin »

It has recently come to my attention that Lance Thunnigan wishes to accuse Gobbledog Ugydoog of assault. The accused has expressed interest in a trial, and so one will be held.

A date is currently pending, but I forsee the trial occuring on the 3rd of Tanos if all goes to plan. As with the previous trial, all interested parties should meet on the second floor of the Trollsbane library.

In addition to the accused and accuser, I would ask for any witnesses, or individuals who would speak on behalf of Gobbledog Ugydoog, to attend.

-Orren Padick
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

I would like any citizen of Trollsbane with the opportunity to act as a juror to make themselves known here.

-Orren Padick
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Oh, i want to be a juror!

Nilo
Ceigan Ibatha
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Ceigan Ibatha »

I would be honored to speak on behalf of Gobbledog Ugydoogalf. Finally the chance arises.

~Ceigan Zain Ibatha
Master Tree Remover
Teacher of Tree Removing
Follower of the Prancing Magenta Troll of Madness
Leader of the Esteemed Followers of the Prancing Magenta Troll of Madness Group
High Priest of the Prancing Magenta Troll of Madness
Travian

Post by Travian »

Dis trial is stopid! Meh tell da goblin tuih attack and den he started shoutin help da town is under attack. He nub eben pull a sword or weapon tuh attack anyone. And meh is da one dat stole da money so enough. We hab dis trial when joo catch me.

Karguk
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Is that enough for you Stephen?

~L Thunnigan
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

You still request a trial I assume. Karguk's own testimony along with other witnesses will be taken into account as well as your own words. I have very little to do with the trial system Mister Thunnigan.

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

This seems to be a large waste of time, as you clearly know who is at fault.

Why waste your time?

Nilo
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

So Gobby not guilty?

Gobbledog
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

I'm left a bit confused by Mr. Thunnigan's writings. If he no longer supports the charges, a clear statement of such would be helpful, or else the trial will continue.

-Orren Padick
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

A tall, slender elf limps weakly through the town, using a thick, tall staff as a support. He pins a neatly written, though blunt and a bit crude letter with the rest of the messages and hobbles away as slowly as he arrived.

I would like to offer my own sightings, as I was attacked by two clearly related assailants. On that day, I had been speaking with Lance Thunnigan. He was against the well just outside Eliza's shop and I, with my back to the shop, was sharing an enjoyable conversation. When it all happened, I heard the goblin in question, Gobbledog Ugydoog, shout something about an orc attacking people. Only mere moments later, I heard some heavy footsteps behind me, but before I could react, I was struck by the axe of a seemingly enraged orc. I quickly removed myself from the scene, heading toward the northern bridge with him in pursuit. Lance Thunnigan came to my defense.

Several people were around, though I am sad to say that none of them were willing to give Governor Rothman a witness report. Lance found himself debilitated momentarily. As this happened, the goblin said something about "getting his stuff" and in the commotion and crowd, someone pilfered the items that he had dropped in his weakened state. It was also at this point that I noticed a stab wound in my right leg, bleeding somewhat profusely. I had not noticed when it happened, but it certainly could not have been from the orc. He was carrying a large axe and I had been watching him, so no dagger could have come into his hand without me detecting it. The only person known to have any daggers on him was Gobbledog. Not one other person even had reason.

After all this took place, Stephen arrived at the scene. Gobbledog began professing his innocence madly. Stephen failed to make a decision then and there, and therefore this incredibly irritating trial is taking place. I simply wanted this resolved then and there. That would have made everything much easier. The only two in the area who had even a hint of mischief about them were the orc named Karguk (or so I am led to believe) and Gobbledog. I know what happened. And if the officials here are unwilling to take any action, other than a long, useless trial, then so be it. I am content in knowing what has happened and may look to another means of acquiring justice for the mugging and attempted murder. All that I ask is that the items stolen from Lance Thunnigan be furnished. I have tended to my own wounds. I would also like to suggest that Karguk be considered a dangerous threat to the people of Troll's Bane and that the people who run this carnival show will be more watchful for him. But I can't expect that of the same people who are willing to sacrifice common sense and compassion for an aristocratic idea of this neat and tidy, but ultimately unjust system toward victims, so I won't.

A dissatisfied citizen,
Cain Freemont~
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

Gobbledog approaches the note and curses at it, he takes out a quill and dips it in ink, he begins scribbling on the paper, and below he writes...

Gobby no stab and gobby no steal! so You bad bad peoplsie leave me alonesie!
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Cain Freemont wrote:Several people were around, though I am sad to say that none of them were willing to give Governor Rothman a witness report
Perhaps...it did not take place, which is why no witnesses have spoken. Also, how did you know no one else had any daggers? Personaly, I always carry a dagger concealed under my robe, how do you kow they were not hiding it? Furthermore, why would gobbledog have reason to stab you? You say nobody else had reason to...so that would mean he did, and I would like to know that reason.
Last, you say you were in a crowd, meaning there were many voices? that would lead me to ask how you could have heard Gobbledog speaking of "getting his stuff", and if you did, how could you -in the "commotion" of the crowd- recognize his voice?

sincerely,
Alli
Lance Thunnigan

I came back from the cross after being struck down and witnessing the Goblin stab Cain. Cain apparently saw the Goblin make away with my things. The Orc was loud enough that he could hear.

Satisfied Alli?
~Lance Thunnigan
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

Gobby not and orcsie! Gobby not Stabsie!.. yes gobby admit there was bloodsie on daggersie but that was from pigsie!... and gobby said he would get Mansies stuff but gobby was going to protect it so that it did not rotsies or the orcsies did not get it! like Gobby said... Gobby did not take it. Gobby have nothinsie...

Gobbldog Ugydoog
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Well, Alli, I could tell it was Gobbledog in the commotion because I kept hearing that same voice ending half his words with "sie." Not one other person in the area was doing this. His voice was easily recognizable. It was distinct. Oh, I'm sorry. Do you want to test my hearing? How can you possibly even ask a question that has no answer? "How did you know it was his voice?"

The next line in the letter is written harshly.

Because I heard it! Perhaps it didn't take place? And you are saying that to the person who was stabbed? Perhaps you are an idiot for trying to convince a victim that he was not victimized. Motive? He was working with the orc. Do you want me to try to make a detailed guess at the childhood he had that would make him want to do that? Or perhaps even that is not motive enough for you to understand that he did what he did because its what he does. This is why I hate the court system. Too many fools with too much time on their hands.

Cain Freemont~
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Indeed, perhaps I am an idiot. But if so, wouldn't we all be? You know not for certain that was him. Also, when you are killed, your spirit can not carry as much as your natural body. As the goblin says, perhaps he took the items to keep the orc from doing so? Whenever something like this happens to me, people take my things, and give them back later. By it did not take place, I meant the goblin did not stab you, another did. And working for an orc is no motive. You do not even know if he was with the orc. You say none others had a motive...maybe one of them was working with the orc? Also, you did not answer my last questioon. How do you know gobbledog was the only one with a dagger?
Lance Thunnigan

Alli Zelos wrote:Indeed, perhaps I am an idiot. But if so, wouldn't we all be? You know not for certain that was him. Also, when you are killed, your spirit can not carry as much as your natural body. As the goblin says, perhaps he took the items to keep the orc from doing so? Whenever something like this happens to me, people take my things, and give them back later. By it did not take place, I meant the goblin did not stab you, another did. And working for an orc is no motive. You do not even know if he was with the orc. You say none others had a motive...maybe one of them was working with the orc? Also, you did not answer my last questioon. How do you know gobbledog was the only one with a dagger?
I suggest you shutup. You're speaking of matters you have no tongue or mind in.

~Lance Thunnigan
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Lance Thunnigan wrote:I came back from the cross after being struck down and witnessing the Goblin stab Cain. Cain apparently saw the Goblin make away with my things. The Orc was loud enough that he could hear.

Satisfied Alli?
~Lance Thunnigan
No, I am not satisfied, as the orc also states that Gobbledog did nothing.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

I won't bother to answer this question, either. Tell me this, why do we even use a trial system if nothing can be proven anyway? This is simply stupid.

Cain Freemont~
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

And Lance, citizens have mind in all goings within the city. Remember that before you say otherwise.

Sincerely,
Alli Zelos
Last edited by Alli Zelos on Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

What is a better system, Cain?

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

And if it that stupid, why is a trial being held?
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Because I thought something would actually get done at the trial. I was clearly wrong.

What system is better? Paying attention to what goes on is a pretty good system, instead of relying on subordinates for everything.

Cain Freemont~
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

And if no one is there to witness what happened?

Alli Zelos
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Then that system is just as useless as the trial system. What aren't you understanding here?

Cain
xBaurusx

Post by xBaurusx »

You peoplsie say the same thing oversie and oversie... You say Gobby work with Orcsie.. you dont know Gobby.*the writting gets squiggly, clearly written angrily*

Gobby was torchered by orcsies.. orcsies kill Gobby's mothersie. and you peoplesies must be crazier that Gobby thoughtsies to think that i would worksies with an orcsies.. the only good orcsie is Crothu.

Gobbldog Ugydoog