Buying from merchants

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lrmy

Buying from merchants

Post by Lrmy »

We are more gambleing than purchasing items when it comes to merhcants. I would like to know if I am paying 8 silvers for a old steel plate or a new one. Same with buying greaves for 4 silvers from Eliza. Maybe she should show us the quality of what she is selling. This goes for other merchants as well.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Almost everything I've ever bought from an NPC has been of good or better quality. I don't think NPC's try sell trash, unless it's something you pick up from killing mummies (That's often poor quality).

If you want a player merchant to prove the quality of their wares, just RP and ask them. There are other indications IG of quality, such as Guild membership, sanctioning by town officials, and recommendations by other players. Good merchants soon garner good reputations, and bad ones, the same. Hmmm.....just like RL.
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

juniper i think your missing his point. You can only RP to a certain extent. RPing with the NCP is about like talking to a brick wall unless you say the key words and even then you sometimes get something compleatly different that what you want. He didnt say once that i saw anything about picking mummies junk up, he was talking about buying from the merchant NCPs.

I see what you mean. On Gabon i have bought axes and armors and all types of things and every so often they sell an "old double axe" or "old lor angur armor" ect. I think we pay to much for them to give us armor that is crap. I agree that we should be able to see what they are selling and i think the prices should very on the quality of wares, seeing as how thats probably impossible i think the NCPs should sell all the same quality, good or bad. not sure about the armor as much so but the double axes i know age very quickly when in use, if the axe is already in old condition then with in one or 2 trips anywhere (cript, mummies, ogers) its corroded or broken compleatly. when i pay 4 silvers for an axe i would really appreshate if it would last me a little longer than that.