To the Town Guard of TrollsBane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

To the Town Guard of TrollsBane

Post by Juniper Onyx »

~A note is found slipped under the locked door of the jailhouse~

To the Town Guard of Trolls Bane,

I am a merchant who frequents your fair city, to trade crafted items from my village of Greenbriar, to several of your merchants in Trolls Bane, and back again. There and back again.

I wish to make a report of grave import. I have been, this very hour, assaulted within the city limits, in front of the great Library even! The culprit's name is Brodie Love, a human appearing about 9-10 years of age, or so he appears. He was talking about highwaymen abouts and later confessed that he was one himself. I warned him not to try anything within the city as the guard would arrest him, and he only laughed. He asked me for my purse! When I tried to explain to him that I travelled with no coin on my person, as any experienced merchant would conceal such a purse, he bloodied my nose with the hilt of his sword! At that point I ran to the jailhouse seeking the Guard, however you all must have been out on rounds as it was locked. I had to leave town in haste, hence this note to you. I'll be brief. I would like to charge his arrest.

This is not the first time I was assaulted within city limits. The first was by an Orc band south of town about two weeks ago, trying to claim my 'skull'. As this was outside the walls, I didn't report it.

The second time was yesterday by two highwaymen, within the Library itself. This was about the fifth hour of the 16th of Adras ((11:00pm GMT on the 27th of May)). One of them nearly tried to kill me despite giving them all I had at the time. I never found out their names, however I ran and barely escaped with my life!

As a merchant who does business with your fair city, and a servant of my own village myself, I felt it my duty to inform you of these recurring and seemingly more frequent occurances within, and near the walls of your city. I fear if these 'ruffians' are allowed to run unchecked, TrollsBane may be too dangerous a city to do business with. That would be unfortuante, for the few to ruin a city for so many.

I am but a simple merchant, but if there is anything I can do to help you bring these ruffians to justice, please call upon me. I believe you all perform a thankless, selfless service, and I for one would like to say 'Thank You' for all that you can do.

Signed,
~Dusty Bottoms of Greenbriar~

P.S. I would like to make a small donation to your town guard to help your efforts. Please have your captain send a dove post haste.
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

Mr. Bottoms,

I thank you for taking an interest in the safety of Trollsbane.

Regretfully, we are at a rather uncomfortable position in persecuting such thugs. For such an infraction of the law, a trial would be needed to determine the guilt of Mr. Love, for the town has denied itself the ability to pass such swift judgment on legal issues without providing the defendant an opportunity to properly represent themselves. Although I strongly oppose a guilty individual going unpunished, I deplore an innocent individual being falsely convicted. I do hope you understand the predicament.

If, however, you wish to pursue legal action, a trial could be arranged. Also, be certain that Mr. Love will have keen eyes watching him.

Regarding the orc band that previously assaulted you, this problem is currently being resolved.

-Orren Padick, Magistrate of Trollsbane