To the leaders of the isle // An die Führer der Insel

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Samantha Meryadeles

To the leaders of the isle // An die Führer der Insel

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Be greeted leaders.

These words are directed to those leading the towns and the important organisations of our isle.

Great dangers are araising, threatening the peace and the safety of our homes, and our friends.

It is time that we gather, and discuss future steps to defend the isle and our homes. We have now to act, and do that together, before worse is happening.

For that purpose I ask you, as the archmistress of Gobaith, for a meeting. A gathering of the isles force.

And we have to gather soon, as the time to act runs thin.

I ask all you leaders to meet with me tomorrow at the 10. evening hour ((Saturday, 10 pm GMT)) at the library of Trollsbane.

Please show up, or send a representativ. The problems and dangers to be discussed affects us all, and they are important for the isles safety.

Thank you all. Zhambra's blessing with you

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
Archmistress of Gobaith

-------------------------------------------------------

Seid gegrüsst Führer der Insel.

Diese Worte sind an jene gerichtet, welche eine Stadt oder wichtige Gruppe der Insel anführen.

Große Gefahren sammeln sich und bedrohen die Sicherheit und den Frieden unserer Heimat und unserer Freunde.

Es ist Zeit das wir uns zusammentun, und zukünftige Schritte besprechen und klären um unsere Insel und unser Zuhause zu beschützen. Wir müssen jetzt handeln, ehe es zu spät ist. Und wir müssen es gemeinsam tun. ehe schlimmeres geschieht.

Für dieses Vorhaben bitte ich jeden Führer der Insel sich schon bald mit den anderen zu treffen, ehe die Zeit zum handeln nichtmehr ausreicht.

Ich bitte euch alle entweder persönlich, oder durch Repräsentanten, morgen zur 11. Abendstunde ((Samstag, 23 Uhr MEZ)) sich mit mir an der Trollsbane Bücherei zu treffen. Darum bitte ich euch als Erzmagierin Gobaiths, die um die Sicherheit der Insel fürchtet.

Bitte erscheint! Die Gefahren welche wir besprechen betreffen uns alle, nicht nur wenige. Dieses Treffen ist wichtig für die Sicherheit der Insel.

Vielen dank an euch alle. Zhambra's Segen mit euch.

Erzmagierin von Gobaith
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

You are tactless Samantha. By posting such a parchment as this you alert the population to a problem the Military and armed forces of Golbaith could have taken care of. You forget that the general public does not fight well. And they may try to play the hero. This should have been done in private, and Announced when we knew what we were doing. For an "Archmistress," you don't use much tactics.

Taylor Windslasher
Recruit of the Guard
Samantha Meryadeles

It is important that the public knows about the dangers, and support their leaders against it. Everyone has to be aware that there is a danger, and has to be alerted. Just with pure force and use of the sword we won't be able to solve this. Also not with your dissrespectfull and mannerless behaviour.

We don't help those we want to protect when whe keep them in unawareness. That is wrong help and protection.

And to decide something like this is also not your duty as a recruit of the guard. Don't forget your own position.

Archmistress of Gobaith
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Fri May 26, 2006 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I shall be present. In a case that I cannot be present, I shall send a representative to voice my opinion. I, for one, think this is a wise decision of our archmistress for once.

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Elder of the elves
-Librarian of Vanima
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

So you want those who can barely fight, to charge into it, and lose their life? Let the leaders decide the first move. You are incharge of an Island. Not this one. You can not judge the better of the people if you do not lead them. I do not impose my opinouns onto anyone. I am at Revlen's service. Where he sends me, I go, most of the time.

You should think things through first. Acting irrationaly causes pandemonium and chaos.

Taylor Windslasher
Recruit of the Guard
Samantha Meryadeles

Mister Windslasher, nowhere i mentioned anything you are acussing me of. You are writing nonsense. Please let the discussions to those capable of them. And not try to be involved with something that is not of your qualification.

Your current behaviour is just hindering, and not helping a bit.

Archmistress of Gobaith
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

I will be there,
'Unsigned
Gray

Post by Gray »

How cute.

Are you children in need of a chaperone for your little gathering?

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

To M'Lady Archmistress,

Hidy Ho!
I would like to attend your gathering as well. I am concerned about the dangers affecting our isle of the Briar as well. I cannot say I represent Greenbriar, nor who will, as we are currently in discussions about that, however if there are no other representatives of Greenbriar there, I shall be happy to convey the news to my fellow citizens of Greenbriar!

My family's village was burned to the ground by Barbarian Hordes from the Steppes, because the leaders did not see any of the signs and omens in time. I have seen and heard talk of trolls, strange storms, spiders, and orc bands who kill without conscience. One recently tried to get my skull, just outside Trollsbane! I believe the omens are there now, and I am pleased the leaders have called this meeting. I will attend, if only as a concerned citizen.

Signed,
~Dusty Bottoms of Greenbriar~
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Now we all are warned of a "great danger". What danger? And are the "normal" people allowed to come to your meeting, too, to get informed...?

-Midrusio
Samantha Meryadeles

The leaders will get informed, and they decide than what will happen next. Have trust in your leaders.

Pierre Morgand

Post by Pierre Morgand »

To the most honored archmistress of Gobaith, Lady Samantha Meryadeles
I, as a common man who resides on this isle, would like to point out that perhaps a clarification concerning the details of this danger you mentioned would help to prevent damage in advance. Obviously, I do not know anything about the nature of this danger, yet it is possible that the fine citizens of this town could take measures if they knew what they were up against.
Note that I am well aware that the meeting you have called in is most likely dedicated to the subject of how to take measures and how to break the news of this danger to the public. I do not wish to foreshadow the solutions that will be decided at the meeting.
Nevertheless, I believe that it would even help in order to keep the public calm, since they would feel that they could take measures of their own to protect themselves.
Since you are at this point the only one who can comprehend and judge the situation, I will respect your decision either way.

Yours respectfully,
Pierre Morgand
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

I am unsure as to why there is such a cloud around what we must meet for. It can be the Drow's dark cult they have founded perhaps, or something more sinister, the foe Thark told and taught some of us about.
I will be there, considering I reside over Trolls Bane and the meeting is in Trolls Bane, surely it would be a queer event for me not to be there.

Stephen Rothman
Governor of Trolls Bane
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

'Archmistress' of Gobaith,

How is it we are supposed to put trust in any leaders, when you, who seem to be the only one who knows what is going on can't even speak of whatever danger you are insinuating may or may not take place? The information you have provided us is enough to cause a panic, more than actually help or address any matter. Why should an entire land of people put absolutely blind trust into a select few leaders when faced with a danger they are not even being informed of? For all we know, by the time you have your little gathering, it could be too late. You give us no hope in your words. You provide no reason to have faith. You give us a prophecy of death and glorify our 'leaders' as people who are somehow more entitled to information that could save lives than everyone else.

Cain Freemont~
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

I will attend, simply because I haven't been to one of these political hootenannies in quite some time. I hope that there will be snackables there!

-Brendan Mason
Founding member of Greenbriar
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Cain, even though you are on of the few elves I am most fond of, this recent outburst is, to say the least, a bit onto overreacting.

"You give us a prophecy of death and glorify our 'leaders' as people who are somehow more entitled to information that could save lives than everyone else."

She will be telling the leaders so we can direct a good effort into evading this threat. It is not that not everyone is entitled to this information, it is the fact that there will be mass-panic if we do not coördinate this.
And who said anything about involuntary blind trust? I do think we became leaders because we were trusted members in the first place, who earned this trust through years of hardship.
Let us handle this for now, and be assured, no threat will harm you as long as I, the archmistress and all the other leaders are still here.

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Elder of the elves
-Librarian of Vanima
Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár

Post by Brendill Al'Ad Kàzár »

Arrr, Alrigh' lads...

I'll be ther' in tha nam' o' Kin' Ghorn Gemfist an' Silverbran'!

signed: Glóin Redlaughter

Guard o' tha clan o' tha axe
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

To M'Lady Archmistress,

I dont understand. You said to meet at the Library in Trollsbane at !0:00 pm ((GMT)) for the meeting. In good faith I heeded your call, and I said I would be there and I was there even 10 minutes early to meet everyone! After waiting 20 minutes with only three unconversational lizards, a friend told me the meeting had already begun at the 'magic Academy'. I didnt know where this was, so I asked around and someone said it was in Varshikar!

I walked forever, to try to heed your call, however upon arriving in Varshikar, I couldn't find a meeting there either! My poor little feet were in pain from the long road there. I'm sorry to say, I was very disappointed.

I regret that I was unable to attend, but I feel a little betrayed here. Why tell everyone it is in one place, and then move to another without letting us know? I do get some small satisfaction from seeing Varshikar for the first time, but this is dangerous country for one of my stature, and I feel it was unfair of you to change the meeting place and time at the last minute without informing the people who heeded your call. I tried to find the meeting but was unable to.

I request an apology at the least, and hope you can address these concerns in the future.

Signed,
Samantha Meryadeles

There is no need to apologize. You were far too late. It is not my problem if you can't tell the time correctly. everyone else was there right in time, just not you.

the meeting place was changed to talk without further disturbs or peoples spying on us

Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Lady Mehialho,

My point was that Archmistress Meryadeles' announcement could easily have caused a large-scale panic. The people have every right to know what is going on at the same time as our leaders. I do not seem to recall any past threat to Gobaith that was so kind as to give an advanced notice to every leader in the land, so that they could properly inform every citizen themselves before disaster struck. Why a person who puts on the visage of someone who is here to help would keep everyone except a select few people in the dark is beyond me.

The announcement of impending danger could have very, very easily caused a mass-panic, as you put it. The announcement either should not have been made, or should have had details following it so that the people could understand what needed to be done much sooner. We have had little trouble in the past with uniting everyone when each piece of the puzzle was given to everyone equally. Archmistress Meryadeles is the one who said anything about trusting our leaders at all. She left us with no information other than a very potentially life-threatening announcement and told us to trust our leaders. The word 'prophecy' was used as a metaphor for the way she told us that there was something happening and basically implied we could do nothing, as we had no information, and simply had to wait like expendable creatures as our leaders decided what to do with us.

Kindest regards,
Cain Freemont~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

To M'lady Archmistress,

I apologize. The error was mine. Upon arriving back in Greenbriar, I had discovered that someone had twisted my sundial and it was exactly an hour off! I do not know who would have committed this dastardly deed, purposefully causing me to be an hour late, or who wanted me to be late, but I shall get to the bottom of this mystery.

I just wanted to apologize to you and say that it was unfortunate I wasn't able to meet all the fine leaders of Gobiath. Perhaps some other time in the future. As I write this letter, I am watching a local carpenter repair my sundial. It will not happen again.

Signed,