Skill gain by GMs?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arameh

Skill gain by GMs?

Post by Arameh »

I noticed that some GM gave Gort max dodge, I dont know for which reason, though thats lame. Putting a normal player character invincible, because he joined the bad guys?, aint any good morally or good for the game. No skill raising is alright for me, unless for a quest, and even there, there are limits. Im about sure that he is not the only one, just gave him as example, but this really aint fair. If some powered characters are in fight with me ill just log out, I dont accept that sort of things.

Edit : That message is obsolete...
Last edited by Arameh on Tue May 23, 2006 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob
Location: The northern forest with his flute and his thoughts

Post by Jacob »

I don't think it is maxed skill. Even tho in the past the orcs have been helped, I don't think that is the case. I think it is just strong item giving out. But that is silly overall, Gort is already strong enough and has enough warriors at his disposal.

But I also think that you can play a bad character, like mine, and be successful without a GM holding your hand. But oh well, some people disagree.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Not maxed? He dodges more than the drow :roll:. It is completely illogic that he becomes a wargod the other day as well, we didnt hit him in 20 hits.
Last edited by Arameh on Tue May 23, 2006 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

LOL yeah that is embarassing for Jacob, he says how he will beat up Gort expecting the arameh and jacob combo will earn him an easy lady. Oh well, missing every hit isn't that bad :roll:
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

he wasnt ATTACKING, so he FOCUSED on DODGING. Makes you dodge alot more.

btw.... very nice on your roleplay arameh, i liked the part where you bitched about skill gain and then logged out because you couldnt hit him
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I said I didnt accept that and logged out, and I will each time in such sort of things. And also, WE dont DODGE more when we DONT attack, or at least not such BIG DIFFERENCE.
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

if your talking about the Shadow horde getting help you need help because we recieved no help at all. For other things like the bloodskulls we never got help that i am aware of eather...not skill gain wise
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Come on guys, we all know Illarion is about fair play, and never about skills. Even though everything that happens says otherwise.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Lol, I saw him gloating about it earlier to Taylor.
Taylor, if you can hit me once in 10 hits, I'll give you a silver coin.
THAT, pissed me off. Thoroughly.
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

im talking about alkuurg being given strong armour and skills so he could beat the dwarves in the war that almost was.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

your always telling me about how much you know of the fighting system, im surprised you didnt know this. If you dont attack, you dodge ALOT more. If you dont want to accept the game combat system, i suggest you quit, or stop bitching at gort (whom of which hasnt had a skillgain)
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Um, don't be sure about that. It still happens and as I said, it is probably not a skill gain but giving out of powerful items. And I am pretty sure you don't dodge that much better when not attacking... Especially as Gort has said numerous times how his dodge refuses to get better, as he only learned it and could never get better at it.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Salathe wrote:your always telling me about how much you know of the fighting system, im surprised you didnt know this. If you dont attack, you dodge ALOT more. If you dont want to accept the game combat system, i suggest you quit, or stop bitching at gort (whom of which hasnt had a skillgain)
Right, and so we can dodge 2 opponents for 20 hits with no shields? I kicked his ass the other day and now he could kick both mine and Jacob's, thats total shit

And no, we dont dodge a lot more when we dont attack :roll:
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Eh lets not worry about it. I am sure a mage can still pwn him. It will just be annoying when you have to take him out of town and he can stand there and not be hit for an hour.. Oh well.

I won't complain about special treatments.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Dont worry, lets unban him :roll: since we cant make him leave.

Edit : Very RP logic :roll:
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Stop your bitching

this is pathetic, you cant beat an oppenent so you log out and go to the boards immediately saying GMs gave him max dodge. Be creative
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Salathe wrote:Stop your bitching

this is pathetic, you cant beat an oppenent so you log out and go to the boards immediately saying GMs gave him max dodge. Be creative
I never insulted anyone in this whole community by the way, and his dodge is maxed or something, before he barely ever dodged and now we cant hit him once in 20 hits, why are you defending him uh? I think what YOU write is pathetic.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

im defending him because i've been bitched at PLENTY because people think i have powergamed, and gained skills unfairly, but the simple fact is that they cant accept that they LOST. Its complete bullshit. He won without any GM boosting.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Salathe wrote:im defending him because i've been bitched at PLENTY because people think i have powergamed, and gained skills unfairly, but the simple fact is that they cant accept that they LOST. Its complete bullshit. He won without any GM boosting.
You got some mental problem I think LOL, it isnt even possible to dodge 20 hits with such a skill, stop saying stuff about me and use facts god damnit.

Edit : Two good fighters, Arameh even was on his side, Gort had a shield, he dodged every damn hits, to evade every hits without parrying means his dodge is much highter than his parry, which wssnt true at all before, comprende?
Last edited by Arameh on Tue May 23, 2006 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Wait, you mean some people's bad characters are getting help? Why wasnt i told?! Thats no fun :(
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Arameh you dont seem to listen. If someone attacks you, and you hold a shield while NOT attacking, you dodge ALOT more. There is no special armor, or special treatment he has had.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Salathe wrote:Arameh you dont seem to listen. If someone attacks you, and you hold a shield while NOT attacking, you dodge ALOT more. There is no special armor, or special treatment he has had.

WTF?, I dont know where you get your infos but they arent true, SHIELDS are used to PARRY, they highten the PARRY chances and not the DODGES chances, Gort's dodge is LOW, Arameh's slashing skill is VERY HIGH, and Jacob's too, Arameh was on the SIDE, with FAST weapon, it is completely impossible.
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Salathe wrote:Arameh you dont seem to listen. If someone attacks you, and you hold a shield while NOT attacking, you dodge ALOT more. There is no special armor, or special treatment he has had.
You really cannot say that. Before Gort had 0 dodge. That means he never gained any levels from that. You really don't know wether he has been helped or not, you are simply there to argue with him because YOU the player DISLIKE the player of Arameh.

Drop the arguement as niether of you know really what your talking about, I am sure Arameh has reported this to the GMs and inturn there will be a look into wether or not has been helped and then the proper steps will be taken. So stop and don't carry these vendettas against players onto the forums. It is sick.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Eh... no, i've seen this happen tons of times before ingame. Without attacking you dodge more
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

You dodge 5x more? If youre right then its illogic, tho I dont think you are.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

everytime i've gone to test the strength of a weapon or armor, and someone isnt attacking they dodge alot more. Thats where i get my information from arameh. Now, tell me where you get your info of gort being given max dodge.
Poots

Post by Poots »

I don't know why they gave him skills, or even if they really did, and I know I'm being a huge hypocrite when I say this, but logging out because you can't win is pretty...childish. I know Arameh, that your supposed to be able to kick just about anyone's ass, and I don't know how it got that way. you joined a about a month after me, and your some great warrior now. but I don't call you a powergaming gm pet do I? though skills are a big facor in the game, just roleplay. maybe, you'll get uber powered up someday, if you role play well.

how can you tell if you hit the guy or not? is it something with the icons above their heads?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Salathe wrote:everytime i've gone to test the strength of a weapon or armor, and someone isnt attacking they dodge alot more. Thats where i get my information from arameh. Now, tell me where you get your info of gort being given max dodge.
A lot more is not dodging every hits of a very skilled warrior on the side while having a very low dodge, Arameh would hit Salathe (who had highter dodge than Gort) even if Salathe woulnt attack, wanna test it?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Poots wrote:I don't know why they gave him skills, or even if they really did, and I know I'm being a huge hypocrite when I say this, but logging out because you can't win is pretty...childish. I know Arameh, that your supposed to be able to kick just about anyone's ass, and I don't know how it got that way. you joined a about a month after me, and your some great warrior now. but I don't call you a powergaming gm pet do I? though skills are a big facor in the game, just roleplay. maybe, you'll get uber powered up someday, if you role play well.

how can you tell if you hit the guy or not? is it something with the icons above their heads?
Yes, and 9 months to train a character is not that short.
Galahan

Post by Galahan »

This is a serious problem though.

1. All the good guys never get skill gains. They just train themselves which is no fair for them to spend many hours and then GMs give someone that the trained to protect against skill gains.

2. Dodging is a skill that is very vital and can change the way of combat.

3. That drow could not succeed in beating Stephen and the good guys so now the gms are giving a already strong character a maxed skill. What's up with dat?

4. Doesn't it seem weird that someone just walks up one day and can beat everyone in town when the other day couldn't. Where's the rp in that?

5. It's unfair as hell because now he can beat one of Trolls Bane's strongest knights which is like almost as strong as Stephen.

6. My character has to work for his stats and not go begging to a gm.

I have spoken :D