New-NPCs_Problems

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

The NPC on the tavern roof is a merchant.
Theon

Post by Theon »

I get something along the lines of "You want to sell [item]? I'll give you ." a lot, which is annoying as it wastes a lot of stuff. The NPC robs off with the thirty odd items but gives nothing in return. :(
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Daashi wrote:And what is the roles of the NPCs that are in the library, on the roof of the tavern and that Halfing just out of the eastern path leading to Bane.
Eltareon (library) hasn't done anything since I started playing Illarion some month ago.
Edit: Sure, he is the librarian. But he gets his money for doing nothing! :)

A self-quoting from my above posting:
Miklorius wrote: Gambret (tavern's roof) still says that he doesnt buy/sell anything and refuses to tell his buying prices
But he buys "table supplies", e.g. mugs and spoons.

Sylvester (halfling): A quest person. Find "Weasel"...
Last edited by Miklorius on Fri May 05, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

I think Eltaraeon is supposed to be a librarian. I don't think he does anything besides telling his name, though.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

He does. He tells stories. I forgot the keywords though. (I think he used too atleast)
Llama

Post by Llama »

Keyword: "HIstory" then uses counter...
Poots

Post by Poots »

bad barkeeper grammer.

the dwarf says hello, what can I make you or something like that

my suggestion: Hello. what can I make *for* you?

then sprinkle a little dwarven accent on it.

he also says #me wipes down bar or somthing. my suggestion:

#me wipes down the bar, #me cleans the bar with a rag, #me wipes the bar down with a rag.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Barkeeper grammer? Grammar, if you want to be nitpicky.

"What do I have to make you?" is what he asks, I believe. While I don't think a generally polite person would be so blunt as to say "have to," he's a dwarf so it makes sense to me. And, "make you," while perhaps not grammatically the best selection, functions perfectly fine as an individual's pattern of speech. People who speak in hurried manners, or just generally don't care too much about how they sound might say things like:

"What can I make you? (What do I have to make you?)"

"How ya been?" (Notice the lack of a verb in that sentence, yet it is a fairly common speech idiosyncrasy.)

"Whatcha doin?" (Meshes the word "what" with the words "are you" into a new word entirely. Also easily noticed if you do more listening than speaking in real life.)

The NPCs aren't there to chain up strings of good RP to create the atmosphere for you while you're in the bar. Its up to the players to do that. #me wipes down the bar. is just as good as #me cleans the bar with a rag. You still get a mental image of the dwarf motioning his arm(s) over the bar, apparently cleaning it. Since its only for atmosphere and isn't as vital as actual RP, I would say it is not something so important that it really needs to be addressed.
Poots

Post by Poots »

first of all, he doesn't say me wipes down the bar, he says something that really isn't good grammer.

secondly, in some other topic, someone said something about his grammer, and how we need an american to correct it, then Nitram said "feel free to do so". I was bored and thought why not, which led me here. I'm not o picky but I have Nitram's orders.
Daashi

Post by Daashi »

Toni Baggins ripped me off! I sold a large quanity of foot leaves to him he took them and gave me no money.
Poots wrote:secondly, in some other topic, someone said something about his grammer, and how we need an american to correct it, then Nitram said "feel free to do so". I was bored and thought why not, which led me here. I'm not o picky but I have Nitram's orders.
We don't need an American to correct the grammer, we need someone with comendable use of the English language, and I do hope that they get someone who knows the Queen's English to do it, not the American Bastardized English.

*mutters* typical American thinking they are the only ones capable of speaking english
martin

Post by martin »

Daashi wrote:grammer
Grammar
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Daashi wrote:Toni Baggins ripped me off! I sold a large quanity of foot leaves to him he took them and gave me no money.
Poots wrote:secondly, in some other topic, someone said something about his grammer, and how we need an american to correct it, then Nitram said "feel free to do so". I was bored and thought why not, which led me here. I'm not o picky but I have Nitram's orders.
We don't need an American to correct the grammer, we need someone with comendable use of the English language, and I do hope that they get someone who knows the Queen's English to do it, not the American Bastardized English.

*mutters* typical American thinking they are the only ones capable of speaking english

Now now Martin, if you are going to do it good, you'd have done the entire post:

"Toni Baggins ripped me off! I sold a large quantity of foot leaves to him, he took them and gave me no money.

[...]

We don't need an American to correct the grammar, we need someone with commendable use of the English language, and I do hope that they get someone who knows the Queen's English to do it, not the American Bastardized English.

*mutters* typical Americans thinking they are the only ones capable of speaking english."

Only some minor adjustments ofcourse, but, mister Daashi, if you are going to insult Americans, do it in a manner which is not insulting to yourself alright? ;)
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Bastardised, if you want proper Queen's English, please.
Daashi

Post by Daashi »

Misjbar wrote:Only some minor adjustments ofcourse, but, mister Daashi, if you are going to insult Americans, do it in a manner which is not insulting to yourself alright? ;)
Miss Daashi but I prefer Daashi.

And I do not recall saying anything about how well I use the english language. Also I never said Australians don't use a bastardized form of English [although I must admit it is more from distorted sounds than incorrect spelling].

Also I have a slight reading and writing disability, that is quite common, it is called Dyslexia.

Now have some sympathy for those who for some reason or another have trouble communicating with the world around them.

*please note it took me five minutes to find out how to spell dyslexia* lol :wink:

And I would like to point out that I was not insulting the American use of English [although I do wonder what they have against the letter U], but rather insulting their somewhat childish attitude if "it's all about me, me, and me", and their attitude of the whole universe revolves around the US of A.
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

This topic is about player's problems with NPCs not grammar or US foreign policy.
Daashi

Post by Daashi »

Japheth wrote:This topic is about player's problems with NPCs not grammar or US foreign policy.
What about a NPCs grammar and/or foreign policy? :lol:
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Every time someone wants to buy a hatchet from Sam (in english) he sells them a hat instead.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Keyword: "HIstory" then uses counter...
I tried "History" and similar english and german words on friday but I got no answer from him.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

The lizard NPC in front of the seahorse is broken. He doesn't react to any keyword.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Wenn man Leonard Hierbe (am Leuchtturm) fragt "Was verkaufst du" antwortet er "Ich verkaufe ...Tannen Kinder..."

Tannensetzlinge sollten das sein.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Aus RP Gründen, Tannen Kinder. Was erwartest du von einem, der den ganzen Tag einsam an einem alten Leuchtturm abhängt und sich mit Sibanac zuraucht?

Der sollte auch beim kaufen auf Tannen Kinder reagieren ;)

Nitram
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Dann aber bitte "Tannenkinder" :).

PS: Was ist denn mit den NPCs, die seit dem Update komplett kaputt sind?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Miklorius wrote:PS: Was ist denn mit den NPCs, die seit dem Update komplett kaputt sind?
sowas gibts?
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

the lizard in TB respons to nothing...not "hello"...not "what do you but/sell"
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Nitram wrote:Aus RP Gründen, Tannen Kinder. Was erwartest du von einem, der den ganzen Tag einsam an einem alten Leuchtturm abhängt und sich mit Sibanac zuraucht?

Der sollte auch beim kaufen auf Tannen Kinder reagieren ;)

Nitram
Dann solltest du den Satz insgesamt anders formulieren. Für einen dessen Hirn vom Sibannac vernebelt ist klingt er zu normal.
Berengar

Post by Berengar »

(hope this hasn't been said already, was too lazy to read through the whole thread :oops: )

Halbling in Trollsbane: Er nimmt nur "Ich möchte [Zahl] starker Heiltrank kaufen", HeilTRÄNKE vekauft er keine.
(auf Englisch geht nur "strong healingpotions" also zusammen geschrieben.)
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Eltareon reagiert auf die Schlüsselworte "Geschichte" und "History" mit "Greetings, Nice to meet you"

Gambret Mandarett behauptet immer noch steif und fest "Ich kaufe nichts.", was nicht stimmt und auch nicht beabsichtigt ist, da er die Gedecke für die Taverne einkauft.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Vielleicht sagt er dass er nichts kauft weil er den Fiskus reinlegen will und er alles unter der Hand macht? ;)
Mystra

Post by Mystra »

Not sure if it hasn't been mentioned, nor if it is the right place but...

The halfling merchant south of Troll's bane (just north of the crop field with a scarecrow) indicates he buys ham, but he does not reply or react when I try to sell him any.

Not NPC-related perhaps, but when reading books in the library the x's in the text gets replaced with "Counter". So the word "mix" appears as "miCounter".
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Sam (in the greyrose castle) has said he 'does not currently have' scissors for two days now. Surely scissors can't be in thta much of demand?? And he still sells hats when you ask for a hatchet, leaving nowhere for new players to get a hatchet, since most of the smiths can't be bothered to make them.