Pushed Characters, mark 2

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aristeaus

Pushed Characters, mark 2

Post by Aristeaus »

These pushed character are put there for a reason, to support various groups within the game. To encourage those who have little support and provideing them with support. And not like some people would say, prance about and act like gods.

These characters you say are unfair on other players, but the pushed characters in question are very restricted in thier roleplay. They cant go about and change thier ways of thinking, they can change thier view upon certain matters. They are created with a sole purpose and they can not deviate from this purpose which in itself is not fun, but there to help others not themselves. Alot of time these characters HAVE to go ig to support various instances, when the player behind would prefer to play thier own character which they can do with as they will. Not follow the guidelines they have to stick to with these pushed character..

But why used a push character when you could just use a normal character!!!!! Wait omg there are so many high powered characters on the isle who can slay anything which moves without blinking so a new character created to fulfill roles of support in areas which these super characters disagree in would be slain without thought and laughed at without any impact what so ever, which would lead to someone biaching that theres nothing IG to do.

Personally i no longer give a damn as what ever happens theres always biaching shall always be biaching, and i think what Devrah wrote on the last thread is true. Why should anyone give a damn anymore. Really?

I could go on but ive had a rant and it feels good. So stfu :p
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

The pushed drow char just killed Revlen with three arrows because revlen as a guard wanted to throw the drow who commited a crime out of the town. The drow did that right after he casted a spell to summon food.

The pushed drowchar runs around and shouted for founding a new blackstone cult. he mentioned the cult will also perform necromancy. and once a player follows the rp and does something he gets shot down with three arrows. from a char having maximum skills at archery, meele and magic.

Really fun for us :roll:
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

A drow was put in game to create a small gathering for the evily inclined characters. And would not likely be seen often once group was established.

Drow was to be put in Jail

Option 1 ) Drow goes to Jail and ends of event
Option 2 ) Fight character

If none pushed character Drow would have been slain by hard character as stated in post above, resulting in the same result as option 1.
Markous

Post by Markous »

Threatening a Drow with an axe and getting killed sounds quite logical to me.
Samantha Meryadeles

Drow just had to leave the town. Nothing more.

I don't see reason why the founding of such a group has to be enforced by gms and pushed chars. When the chars don't start to found such a group alone, aren't able to do that without a pushed char doing it for them, than its their own fault.

And a gathering for evil inclined chars that get shouted all over the isle and made public is...well...not really smart. But now someone wants to do against that wellknown evil chars who followed the drow around has to count with a pushed drow killing him for that <_<
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Strangely enough its not easy to find evil characters, and some exceptions need to be made to common sense. I played not the drow but i saw the reason behind what he did. It is near impossible to find these players otherwise as they dont usually shout about it.

And you dont see why such a group needs a GM, are you just stupid or having a joke.

Name one evil character upon the isle who has any skills to speak off. Without a GM enforcing them and creating a different variety of quests for them, and them alone, as they cant partake in normal quests. They can do nothing, they will be sat on by people like Revlen and Samantha without the two of them breaking a sweat.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Oh that isnt right so. There is a evil archmage around.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The only purpose for such characters is to enforce some type of OOC goal, and we already have enough of that IG anyways. They are a distraction due to really unrealistic behavior (recruiting for a new cult by shouting in Trollsbane isnt suspicious at all?), and because they generally pop out of nowhere, with no background or anything. And if these people are so strong, why waste their time with a tiny island when they could go somewhere else? Why do we always need to have a huge balancing act? If a group or person is really on the weaker end, they will probably lose, and that is how it should be. Also, why all the emphasis on "zomg good vs evil!", the best conflicts occur between two or more ordinary groups/people.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Aristeaus wrote:Strangely enough its not easy to find evil characters, and some exceptions need to be made to common sense. I played not the drow but i saw the reason behind what he did. It is near impossible to find these players otherwise as they dont usually shout about it.

And you dont see why such a group needs a GM, are you just stupid or having a joke.

Name one evil character upon the isle who has any skills to speak off. Without a GM enforcing them and creating a different variety of quests for them, and them alone, as they cant partake in normal quests. They can do nothing, they will be sat on by people like Revlen and Samantha without the two of them breaking a sweat.
that's true, i can barely train with my thief....stephen and revlen and the like can be annoying :P
Urilen Quanasuard

Post by Urilen Quanasuard »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:Drow just had to leave the town. Nothing more.

I don't see reason why the founding of such a group has to be enforced by gms and pushed chars. When the chars don't start to found such a group alone, aren't able to do that without a pushed char doing it for them, than its their own fault.

And a gathering for evil inclined chars that get shouted all over the isle and made public is...well...not really smart. But now someone wants to do against that wellknown evil chars who followed the drow around has to count with a pushed drow killing him for that <_<
Drows don't just leave towns. They don't like to be ordered...

And... you think pushed chars are bad?

I just hate powergamers.

Just a question: How are you playing for a year or so, and already a Archmagress? Just wondering.

The people I see have been spending a year just becoming a "Adept"

Just a question. No agruement needed.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Urilen Quanasuard wrote:
Drows don't just leave towns. They don't like to be ordered...
So why not kill everyone in town in order to stay?
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

Because not everyone ordered him to stay. Duh.
Poots

Post by Poots »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:The pushed drow char just killed Revlen with three arrows because revlen as a guard wanted to throw the drow who commited a crime out of the town. The drow did that right after he casted a spell to summon food.

The pushed drowchar runs around and shouted for founding a new blackstone cult. he mentioned the cult will also perform necromancy. and once a player follows the rp and does something he gets shot down with three arrows. from a char having maximum skills at archery, meele and magic.

that makes him sound so innocent, here what happned really, to the best of my memory:

Revlan: you have to get out

Drow: one shot of this arrow and you would die

Revlan: you better hope I do, because if I don't..- go to the yellow cross to get resurected!

drow: dead

Drow walks off.

not a single #me or anything. if we can't threaten a drow (because he's a criminal, and got baned) what do we do? one of our strongest gets killed in three hits. do we just let him summon and walk around?
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

I had my rant, and i really cant be arsed to argue over it as it will always end up with people argueing for the sake of argueing.

Personally i shant take a role in the actions any longer the shit received in turn for it, truely isnt worth it.
Urilen Quanasuard

Poots wrote:
Samantha Meryadeles wrote:The pushed drow char just killed Revlen with three arrows because revlen as a guard wanted to throw the drow who commited a crime out of the town. The drow did that right after he casted a spell to summon food.

that makes him sound so innocent, here what happned really, to the best of my memory:

Revlan: you better hope I do, because if I don't..- go to the yellow cross to get resurected!

Drow walks off.

not a single #me or anything. if we can't threaten a drow (because he's a criminal, and got baned) what do we do? one of our strongest gets killed in three hits. do we just let him summon and walk around?
GMs wouldn't do that for the whole time.

It's just a stage for the evil now, let it go for a while, then one of your "Captains" will think of a plan.

It happened to Ariges, and it may happen to this..

Give it time.
Samantha Meryadeles

Samantha became so good because i did something for it. I worked hard on it. The problem with evil players is, they don't want to work for their role. no training, nothing. they await that they can be the archevil without any skill, and we bow for his greatness. And now since they don't want to work for it gm come and push them the support elsewhere. while the good ones still have to work their arse off.

They even push someone like Retlak or Salathe. surely already very strong chars
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I am sure evil chars work hard too.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I am training my evil char thank you. I am not lazy Sam.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:Samantha became so good because i did something for it. I worked hard on it. The problem with evil players is, they don't want to work for their role. no training, nothing. they await that they can be the archevil without any skill, and we bow for his greatness. And now since they don't want to work for it gm come and push them the support elsewhere. while the good ones still have to work their arse off.

Dont give me that, I train with my thief regularly, though he doesnt seme to gain much skill (where are the mummies btw? :) ). However, it's hard to train with any good fighter because most good (in ability) fighters are good in morality as well.
Urilen Quanasuard

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:Samantha became so good because i did something for it. I worked hard on it. The problem with evil players is, they don't want to work for their role. no training, nothing. they await that they can be the archevil without any skill, and we bow for his greatness. And now since they don't want to work for it gm come and push them the support elsewhere. while the good ones still have to work their arse off.

Why haven't I seen you ever untill you got your ubermagic? And how did you work so hard, that you can become the highest rank of Archmagress in 1 YEAR, while other Archmagress have worked their arse off so much hard, but I have seen them many times ingame, even when they were weak. You, however, I have not...

And for the last time, after a long quest, this will stop. The GMs aren't that cruel to make this go on forever. Just be patient.
Samantha Meryadeles

@misjilah
Until recently you said you are too lazy to train your char. you said you were also too lazy with Misjibar. you want to deny that?

So you all say you train, but why is aristeaus saying than they become help because the evil chars are sooooo helpless against the good ones?

And samantha is the only archmage ingame who started as a playerchar, nit a pushed questchar
Last edited by Samantha Meryadeles on Sun May 14, 2006 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Just close this topic.

Sam is just going to biach about everything
Poots

Post by Poots »

Urilen Quanasuard wrote:
Poots wrote:

Drow walks off.

GMs wouldn't do that for the whole time.

It's just a stage for the evil now, let it go for a while, then one of your "Captains" will think of a plan.

It happened to Ariges, and it may happen to this..

Give it time.
it had better be just a time thing. and bad times or not, he could do a little more rp, #me's and talking. what I told you was extremely close to the real thing. was that drow a gm or a player out of curiosity?
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

because as I said, i cant train wtih anything strong, im stuck with flies or pigs, which arent much help, and even facing 5 flies at once doesnt seem to train tactics or dodge....

Plus, a thief wont spend as much time trainign as tryign to take people's stuff ;)
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I did yes. And it is spelled Misjbar thank you.

I never got any support with Misjbar did I? That was a choice, and I never received any support (I even denied it once).
And yes, we are helpless against the good. Because there are so many, and we ofcourse have those that practice for days at a time, without any roleplay. Most evil players cannot compete with that.
Urilen Quanasuard

And how did you do that?

Powergaming, perhaps?

I'm starting to get very suspicious...
Berengar

Re: Pushed Characters, mark 2

Post by Berengar »

Aristeaus wrote:These pushed character are put there for a reason, to support various groups within the game. To encourage those who have little support and provideing them with support. And not like some people would say, prance about and act like gods.
I think that is all, what was asked for :wink:
If I remember correctly there was a simial problem with the archmage Tyrus.

Try to see it from the player's point of view:
It took you a long time to make your skills shine in bright yellow :wink: , you maybe have also found the time to get a high position in a well-known guild (even more time needed imo) so your char is a respected/feared member of the community and, for you, he/she is just the roxxor :D And then a GM pops up with his pushed char, who is 10 times stronger than yours, probably achieved his uber skill in less than 5 minutes by just typing some numbers, and the jackass clouds that lovely creation of yours with one hit (or 3 arrows), because you talked rudely to him...
Would you not get pissed? :wink:

Yes, drow/self-indulged uber mages are mean, but a pushed char's purpous is indeed to support players and not to send them to the cross.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Try to see it from the player's point of view:
It took you a long time to make your skills shine in bright yellow Wink , you maybe have also found the time to get a high position in a well-known guild (even more time needed imo) so your char is a respected/feared member of the community and, for you, he/she is just the roxxor Very Happy And then a GM pops up with his pushed char, who is 10 times stronger than yours, probably achieved his uber skill in less than 5 minutes by just typing some numbers, and the jackass clouds that lovely creation of yours with one hit (or 3 arrows), because you talked rudely to him...
Would you not get pissed? Wink
Think about it from the GM's point of view:
The GM has an idea to help out players, so he makes a char that can do such. So, he goes in not earning his "colors" and not proud of them. He is there solely to help the others. Someone tries to stand up to him the instant he appears, so he either abandons his current pursuit or uses these skills he gave to him. They aren't fun to use, you see. You didn't earn them, you just got them. So, you deter the individual from conquering your quest. You don't go in to "boast your skills", but to help those who need a start. It isn't too fun for you, because there is nothing to accomplish. You just try and do your objective.

You go on the board to see complaints about how you are evil and a bad person for helping out the community. You wanted to teach necromancy to budding students who would inturn, TRAIN a skill that is needed, but now you are shunned. Sounds like a fun ride, doesn't it?
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:They even push someone like Retlak or Salathe. surely already very strong chars
What the hell are you talking about?
Samantha Meryadeles

excellent, very new drowblade?