The Halfling Community - A Unity Of Halflings In Illarion.

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

The Halfling Community, a good idea or not?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:22 pm

Yes.
76%
No.
24%

Total votes: 21

Hermie

The Halfling Community - A Unity Of Halflings In Illarion.

Post by Hermie »

Greetings fellow Halflings and Illarionites!

I have decided to start a Halfling Community for all good Halflings of Illarion to promote good and clear all Halfling Community members of any harsh stereotypes directed at Halflings. Myself and Brendan Mason will be running the community as far as the community (and website) and funds are concerned, any ideas from anyone would be appreciated, please visit ((url deleted)).
Objectives for the Community, ie a Community building etc, are still to be decided, as I want them to be decided by the entire community. If you would like to join, please contact me in the game (26996 is my char number).

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Hermie on Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

There's already a dwarf/halfling guild called the Stonewood Fellowship but I think the leaders might be away right now. I think it might be a better idea to have a guild of both dwarves and halflings combined instead of only a guild for each because the population of these two races are relatively low right now.
Nihiel

Post by Nihiel »

I've got nothing against dwarves and halflings united, but I find it funny as those two races have so different cultures. Almost the only similarity between them is their shortness x-)

Another silly cult was the "Dark Orcs and Lizards Guild" or whatever was it called, as lizards and orcs are totally different and even though they look like monsters to other races, all of them aren't evil. That's what I think the word "dark" in the guild's name refered to, so I thought it would be some kind of evil greenish creatures' alliance X-D

I think that The Magic Academy and Elven Community (as elves have their own traditions, like living in the forest) for example are successful ideas, as well as merchant guilds. A fighters' guild would also be nice, so skilled warriors could teach novices for fee... but I wouldn't have enough energy to do the organizing for that!

Nihiel
ezo
Location: Jolly old England. Toodle-pip Heavens above! How smashing!!

Post by ezo »

HERMIE!!!!

you know me (ezorock)

please please please please etc.

can igo in this clan :)
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

I don`t like the Idea, that the Halfling Community is a guild!

It must be a home for all halflings, for the whole of halflings, good or bad.
It must be a community, no guild for a bordered number of haflings.
It must be a forum, where every halfing can tell his problems, where their problems to be discussed, where other halflings help them.

((delete the numbers of your members))
Last edited by Lennier on Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

#me trots up to the board and read all that has been written there.

Hmm, sure you can join ezo, but after I have made some changes to the actual Community, because Lennier has brought to light some valuble points that I really should go over (also ezo, I will have to talk to Brendan about you joining).
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

[quote="Hermie"]#me trots up to the board and read all that has been written there.

Hmm, sure you can join ezo, but after I have made some changes to the actual Community, because Lennier has brought to light some valuble points that I really should go over (also ezo, I will have to talk to Brendan about you joining). I'm not sure about the 'good or bad' though.
ezo

Post by ezo »

hmmmmm

hermie can you add me as a member on the site :D

i asked brendan and he said that i could join ( he said i am 3rd in command and recruiting officer)

also from my carpenting/baking i have managed to get 2 ingots together for the clan

Thanks

EzO
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Hello everyone! Ezo, I've added you to the site, you are a druid, right? Oh, and give the ingots you raised to Brendan, he's the treasurer. I'm sorry I haven't been around as often as I would like, just I haven't had much time on the net recently. See you all soon, Hermie.

PS @Ezo, lay of the fish, I'm starting to worry about you :wink:
Thereadore

Post by Thereadore »

Yess, I think a Halfling community iss a good idea.

Makess it eassier to find hobbitss when I want a light snack. :twisted:

Thereadore
Peter Lonin

Post by Peter Lonin »

I myself have no problem with this idea, but if you are to call it a community then you can't say that some one has to join. After all I am a member of the Illarion community but I didn't have to join it simply living in the community is enough to be part of it. Now if you were to consider yourselves a tribe or group then you could require a membership. And to Thereadore if you think it makes it easier to find a snack you've never seen what a group of angry halflings can do. Besides I could drop you myself before you would know what was going on so I don't advise it. Just because I am not part of this community doesn't mean I won't help fellow halflings.
ezo

Post by ezo »

hermie :D :D :D

can you make a kind of forum on the site available to members :D :D

thanks

Ezo

Ps maybe the fishy thing is a bit OTT nevermind im a half-ling :D
8) 8) 8)
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

I'm not sure about the forum, but something more important that has been on my mind is the idea that people dislike the idea of it being a Community, and I am thinking of changing it to a guild, which in my eyes will prove to be better. However, I will need to meet up with Brendan and Ezo, so you two can both give me your imput on this (either in game or posted here). The only drawback is making a new name we all like, which I think will be fun :D.
ezo

Post by ezo »

hmmm

good idea hermie a guild would be better ( then we can limit the types of half-lings comming in)

when will you next be online :?:
Zasmia

Post by Zasmia »

Kuckuck!

I´d like to be part of a community, but a guild? Nope, never ever, no way...

Why can´t we do it like the tall ones with their elven community? I think it works fine and isn´t that bad. We could meet and make large picknics, tell stories (well, not me, my knowledge of the common tongue isn´t that good) and sing some songs. And don´t forget the beer, hihi.

Greetings,
ezo

Post by ezo »

hmmmmmm

it seems to me that people expect a community to be more open

as in anyone can come in good or bad

i don't think this is such a good idea to keep it as a community, and my vote is that it should be more of a guild

thanks

EzO
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

I belive a Community, to be far more fitting-if a guild is made-then I'm afraid I must pull out....

We should welcome all haflings...even....apparantly "evil" ones...

And yes, Ezo, it appears I'm being a hypocrite, but I have sorted that problem out...with that halfling.
ezo

Post by ezo »

hmmmmmmmm

it shall be a community then :?

we must change the site if any members are allowed in bacause here are some quotes from the site:

".....promote good and show that all our members are good Halflings"

"The Halfling Community is a gathering of peaceful halflings in which all of them work together to promote good. "

If good and bad half-lings are allowed in then................................

its meant to be a peacfull community, if you look at the elven community
they do not have bad memebers in it. By any means let it be a community but i would not like to see it having evil memebers

this is my view and i hope that you take it seriously

EzO
Korn

hello

Post by Korn »

i am new to the guild/community but i like the idea of a community insted of a gulid because it means we dont have to worry about who is in what rank or who is suposed to do what job :D ((also can i be on the website)) :roll:
Korn

th community

Post by Korn »

:oops: i got the wrong idea i want to see the members controled so we dont get evil peeps who will give the harfings a bad name. the idea of dwafs being part is also a bad one this should be a harfling only guild/community :)
Bander Bigfoot

Post by Bander Bigfoot »

i just wanted to sya that i have joined the community....
just ask ezorock.....
that was all.....

Bander Bigfoot
A Memmber Of Hlaf-ling Community (or will be)
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

some suggestions:

The membership list only is for the registration of halflings.

If sufficient halflings are registered (min 20?), a kind of gouverment of halflings will eteblish.

This gouverment (3-5 persons?) takes place via elections (every 3 months?). Each registered halfling, who is registered more then 1 month can chois (in a board).

When there are complaints against halflings the council can exclude them for the next electoral period. -> Inner punishment against "bad" halflings - > A bad halfling can`t be elected and can`t chois.

Later, new councils can decide again on this halflings.

Unregistered halflings have no rights....
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Hmm,

Maybe a concil of different opinions is better than a gouverment.. :-)
ezo

Post by ezo »

hmmm

this idea is good

but i think there should still be jobs in the community e.g recruiting officer

and maybe the elected people stay in power longer??

EzO
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Greetings all, I will get to work on the community website ASAP, but I am a bit busy with ooc things at the moment. Please E-mail me if you want to join, all you need to include in this E-mail is:

Name (of halfling char), whether you are Druid or Mage (or warrior).

(Brendan, Ezo, and I won't need to E-mail me because I know they are definately in the Community, but everyone else, please E-mail me, thanks
((mail add deleted)) )

We will start using Lennier's idea on how to run the community unless a more efficient way has been made, though I think Lennier's if fine :wink: .When there are 20 members, governing council members will be elected by all members (though a way of electing has yet to be determined, probably just by E-mailing me your vote or whatever). The council consists of 5 members, elected by the community. Elections are every 3 months and so on.

There will still be jobs in the community, Brendan is our Treasurer, and looks after and records the community's funding, and Ezo is our Recruiting Officer ((so perhaps people can E-mail you too Ezo? get back to me on that please)), and I, for now, will manage the website.
Last edited by Hermie on Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Additional to what I previously said:

Although we welcome all Halflings to join the community (good and evil), your position in the community is based on your behaviour. So if you are good you will be allowed to vote and you can be elected, if you are bad you will not be able to vote and/or be elected.

Elections start when membership rises to around 20 members.
ezo

Post by ezo »

I deleted the e-mail address as now the community is a guild

thanks

8) 8)

EzO
Last edited by ezo on Thu Oct 24, 2002 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ezo

Post by ezo »

there have been some rumors that i am leaving the community
these are not true

Thanks

EzO
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Right . . . Unfortunately I had to delete the current pages of the site, but don't worry, I will be working on them as soon as I can, I just need to sort everything out.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

LATEST: Due to the fact that Ezorock (and some friends of his who should be joining when we are sorted out) and I have decided that we dont want to allow evil people into the COmmunity, we are changing it to a Guild under a new name that should appear soon.

Brendan, I know you said you would drop out if we changed to a Guild, but I am very sorry from the bottom of my heart, its just we cant allow ourselves to allow evil people into our soon-to-be guild, I hope this does not change our friendship which I hold dearly in my heart.