reason to kill

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vindigan

reason to kill

Post by Vindigan »

i've not been on Illarion for a long time but alately ive seen a lot of people saying such things like "push me and you die" "come near me and you die" "go away or you die" are these realy reasons to kill some one?

I hanging around near the shop today and i saw a human planting some grain, another human walked up to him and told him that he couldnt plant grain here. the planting human asked why, and the other replied "because i say so" or somthing like that. He planted any way but the human was stood on a spot where he knew he wanted to plant and said, "push me and die" He moved him out of the way to plant more grain and, you guesed it, he died.

I dont think that this is a good reason to kill someone. Anyone agree?
Muck

Post by Muck »

i was there to.
the situation is a litle bit dificulter.
i was the one who killed him.
it is right that i told him not to plant there and said to him, that it is so, because i said so.
but the reason why he had to die definatally is:
i was sitting at the river and he moved me. it is much more brutal to move someone up and move him beside than just moving him, if he stand.
after he was dead he planted again, and he didn't fear me, because he want to shout at the gms.
Serpardum

Post by Serpardum »

That's kinda iffy, IMO.

I've found it highly annoying at times when people plant grain by the shops, as it makes it hard to walk through there. I've asked people not to plant there myself, but never threatened anyone.

It is not very polite in the first place to plant crops in a public walkway/through fare.

And pushing someone can be rude, as it can be IRL.

But, killing him may of gone a little overboard. Hard to say.
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

"push me and you die" "come near me and you die" "go away or you die"
so are these Valid reasons to kill someone or not? :?
would you get banned for saying and doing them? :?
Serpardum

Post by Serpardum »

"Officer, all I did was hold up a stick, was this any reason for him to shoot me or not?"

Not mentioning that they had stalked them for a week, called them on teh phone saying they where going to kill them, then broke into their house and went to swing a stick at them...
Damien

Post by Damien »

Hehe... indeed.
If you HAVE a reason to kill someone, watch out that this reason is not too low.

In the first way, you will have to deal with an angry mob (ingame and in character). And if you happen to cause too much trouble for too obvious "I-ONLY-WANTED-A-REASON"-reasons, you will have to "deal" with an angry GM or tw, those will delete your skills, your character, or ban you in the worst case.

The main thing in illarion is the roleplaying - that means, acting your character's role. Skills and fighting are far less important.
Sir Gandolf

Post by Sir Gandolf »

The ys hould start an Illarion police clan if you get what I mean.
The Illarion Law Enforcers isnt soundng to bad by now.
I hate when people take the law into there own hands :x
Peter Lonin

Post by Peter Lonin »

Sometimes reasons might not seem like a reason at all, but in some cases(not this one) Roleplaying makes a reason mabye because of background story or because of personality. Be careful not to take it to far. I was chased by a mob of angry lizards every time I stepped into town for about a month, so careful what your reasons are.
Nihiel

Post by Nihiel »

People don't usually kill each other in medieval fantasy worlds for such reasons... if you've played Ultima VI or VII, the whole village starts to investigate a crime that has happened, if it was a theft or anything. It's not tolerated.

In Illarion, usually people think it's ok to kill each other when annoyed and talk to those killers just like they were common citizens, there isn't any kind of justice... and that's why I sometimes prefer being in the woods instead the crowded town full of insane things.

Nihiel