To the players of the thiefs

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nitram
Developer

To the players of the thiefs

Post by Nitram »

Well,

i don't have any problems, with the fact, that you are playing thiefs.

But i have a problem with the way you do it.

1st.: Robbing a single char, 3 times in a week, goes to far.
2nd.: Giving the enemys no chars chance to catch, is most egoistic.

The way:
"#me runs away"
And then running away without giving the others a chance to type at least something in, is most rude.

Its a multiplayer game. So it should be fun to all, and not only to a few ones.

Calm down, guys.

I keep my eyes on you,

Nitram
Dusk

Post by Dusk »

Seeing as some people have already met me today. let me say a few things in rebutal..

1: I don't rob the same people over and over. But the supply of people that play along is dwindling. Qill, an elf, was seeing things going on which no one other than Ronagan himself could see. This doesn't help us much. If we had more people stop acting like their all mightly and can see through solid material, then maybe theives wouldn't steal from the same people over and over.

2: I give my victims a chance to catch, since my theif plays the bumbling babboon. Ask those that have met Sebastian, I by no means run away after.

Thank you.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

there is no need to argue. If you don't do it: fine.

Those who do it, should know.
No reason to post a single answer to this post. Just get it.

Nitram
Noon

Post by Noon »

Nitram

The thiefs are a hard class to play, im most cirumstances they are not given a fair oppertunity to escape. The coin is allways two sided old man.

The chap who probably owes you a beer
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Noon, it is not fun anymore when you get robbed a few times a week and nothing can be done because every time you trie to catch him the thief simply runs away and gives you no chance.

That is not fun, it is frustrating. You have no wish anymore to logg in because you could be robbed again behind the next corner and has no chances to get the thief.
Noon

Post by Noon »

Sam dear lady

We can discuss this another eve, my bed awaits me. But im sure a conclusion can be met without another one of those disgusting proposel threads. :D
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:Noon, it is not fun anymore when you get robbed a few times a week and nothing can be done because every time you trie to catch him the thief simply runs away and gives you no chance.

That is not fun, it is frustrating. You have no wish anymore to logg in because you could be robbed again behind the next corner and has no chances to get the thief.
A thus my suggestion of a chasing system
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I play a thief and i have to agree that if you're going to rpa thief, do it fairly. I also have to say though that everyone else should stop having xray vision and the ability to see through shadows (unless, for the latter, you're an elf or dwarf of cours e;) ). Seriously, for every badly rp'd thief, there are 100 badly rping victims. Out of the last 5 people my thief robbed, 4 of them saw it out of nowhere, one in a dark shadow of a building, one when his attention was focused elsewhere, one who just saw it randomly, and one, well, he actually was fine, but someone who was about 20 feet away and talking to someone else saw me. Its getting annoying. Are we allowed to report people with !gm for horrid rp like that?
Durgin

Post by Durgin »

Nitram wrote:there is no need to argue. If you don't do it: fine.

Those who do it, should know.
No reason to post a single answer to this post. Just get it.

Nitram
Just got a laugh out of this, since there are like six posts..I think.. after this message. lol I think as far as following directions, most people here get an F.[/i]
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Haha yes, i must say lot of peoples magically see the stealing happening when they are looking at the other side, its annoying yes.
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

It's hard to play a theif. I've tried twice. I know my roleplay wasnt up to par, but ther eis the factor that people don't want to be stolen from.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

You will say a theif is very difficult to play. I would say playing the leader of a town attacked by orcs and a string of theives is difficult to play. You all have maxed agility, and you all have seemingly laggyless computers. You also all decide when we can identify you by the way your characters are dressed.
I will simply say this, it is not fair for other players when you mug them and then decide your character can enter town without a magic straw hat (that supposedly changes every detail of your character) . You may think it is great roleplay because you get what you want; but it isn't and it is unrealistic. Also unrealistic is somehow every single theif shows no fear/care for being locked in prison. But well I won't tell you how to roleplay, just NO ONE in a medival prison system would dare give lip to their jailors.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Garett Gwenour wrote:You will say a theif is very difficult to play. I would say playing the leader of a town attacked by orcs and a string of theives is difficult to play. You all have maxed agility, and you all have seemingly laggyless computers. You also all decide when we can identify you by the way your characters are dressed.
I will simply say this, it is not fair for other players when you mug them and then decide your character can enter town without a magic straw hat (that supposedly changes every detail of your character) . You may think it is great roleplay because you get what you want; but it isn't and it is unrealistic. Also unrealistic is somehow every single theif shows no fear/care for being locked in prison. But well I won't tell you how to roleplay, just NO ONE in a medival prison system would dare give lip to their jailors.
Im not one of the straw hat bandits. My character either just doesnt change and denies everything if there are no other witnesses, or he changes COMPLETELY so that he isnt recognizable. And even so, many people still recognize that type of thing, supposedly recognizing faces when originally the face was covered bya hood, which is absurd. And as for running, ymcharacter arerly need sto, he tends to stay hidden. Unless magical children see him from the shadows and turn him in (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) :roll:
Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Post by Jori »

Noon, it is not fun anymore when you get robbed a few times a week and nothing can be done because every time you trie to catch him the thief simply runs away and gives you no chance.

Sam think. You're a mage. Fry the thieves, turn them into gelatinous goo, or do what ever you mages do. :wink:
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

This argueing makes me not happy, friends.

I wanted to ask the players of the thiefs to play fairer.

Because the thiefs give the other players not even a small chance to catch them, except attacking without any roleplay.

A least they could stay give the others a chance to type something in. But they run out of the screen before you could have typed something in.

Nitram
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Nitram, don't you think thieves are just trying to get back at the all seeing heroes who gave thieves no chance in the past?
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

Donal has a point.

I don't think there is an actual scale on the Good Vrs. Bad thing. The good will -usally- conquer bad, and unless bad runs like hell they will be killed.

But using bad role play as a way to get back at the heroes is just as bad as a hero using bad role play in the first place!

I don't see an easy way to create a scale. Right now both ends are off the chain and sunken below good points.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

But if the thiefs go one like they do currently, they have no right to cry, if they got killed on sight without any rp.

Nitram
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

Xalliar wrote:The weird thing is: Thieve can rob one as many times as they want without awaiting a not-so-friendly comment.
But as soon as you attempt to catch a thief, a "you're a bad RPer" atmosphere takes place.
Do you know why?

Theif wants an item. Player doesn't want to lose item.

Therefor OCC conflict arises. Thou must learn to lose for the sake of good roleplay. But if one can win for the sake of good roleplay, so be it.

#me bumps into playerA, and with the speed of a lightning bolt scours his pocket and takes out the first thing he can find, hoping for coins. "Oh, very sorry!" He says"

Good way A:
#me doesn't seem to notice, and a small sack of coins are stolen. "It's okay."

Good way B:
#me 's sences seem about as sharp as a tack and are not fooled by the petty robbery, even though a few coins are stolen, he notices. "Stop right there!"

Bad Way:
((FORCE RP U NUB))
Tygran

Post by Tygran »

Garett Gwenour wrote: I will simply say this, it is not fair for other players when you mug them and then decide your character can enter town without a magic straw hat (that supposedly changes every detail of your character) .

Ok, now the gloves are off. Perhaps you are not realising it, but this is a device to escape the 200 powergamed heroes (and yes, powergamed not trained fairly of any of that bullshit) that attack you even if their backs are turned to you.

I want to rp a thief, no-one steps outside of town aside from the powergamers to train and since none of them would obviously show even the slightest sign of fear if i were to hold an axe to them and make them hand over their money (since they all wear armour 24/7 and are all big strong invincible heroes).

Thieves are constantly bombarded by shit rp, ooc knowledge and other occurrences like that. I never run unless i see rp like this. And i will not stop to run because i have no rp reason to.

"Oh well i'm being chased by demi-gods wearing heavy armour and big fucking swords.. better stop so they can cloud me with little rp"

Before complaining about my rp, how about taking a good hard look at your own.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Shit RP starts for you, if someone succeeds to catch you. But you don't have to wonder, if you get killed without rp.
The way you play your thief is egoistic and the others have no chance, to interact with you, but giving you a item. If they do not, you cry around "bad rp". But your rp is even worser.

Nitram
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

Try not to turn this into a flame war.

Mabey the community should set some mental goals for the two types on the spectre?

Theives should gives everyone a chance to participaite in RP, and plan out #me s and the such so that return feedback is required

Heroes should give theives/criminals a chance to return feedback and escape.

But now that I remember it - my lord Pendar always gave my theives a hell of alot of chances before anything very negitive was in order. I think it's time for people to open their minds not only to what others are doing wrong, but what they are doing wrong, and how to fix that.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Ziel got the point.

Thiefs should play nice with the heros

And heros should play nice with the thiefs.

Its a game and it should be fun to all, playing it.

Nitram
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Tygran wrote:
Garett Gwenour wrote: I will simply say this, it is not fair for other players when you mug them and then decide your character can enter town without a magic straw hat (that supposedly changes every detail of your character) .

Ok, now the gloves are off. Perhaps you are not realising it, but this is a device to escape the 200 powergamed heroes (and yes, powergamed not trained fairly of any of that bullshit) that attack you even if their backs are turned to you.

I want to rp a thief, no-one steps outside of town aside from the powergamers to train and since none of them would obviously show even the slightest sign of fear if i were to hold an axe to them and make them hand over their money (since they all wear armour 24/7 and are all big strong invincible heroes).

Thieves are constantly bombarded by shit rp, ooc knowledge and other occurrences like that. I never run unless i see rp like this. And i will not stop to run because i have no rp reason to.

"Oh well i'm being chased by demi-gods wearing heavy armour and big fucking swords.. better stop so they can cloud me with little rp"

Before complaining about my rp, how about taking a good hard look at your own.
I agree with Nitram, and i dont think thiefs have something to cry that much. Most of the time when i there is a stealing happening when im there, the thief usually succeds to take the thing, and go away without gettins seen. YES, there are some n00bs that always see the stealing happening whatever their character is doing...but we cannot do anything for that, usually n00bs like that dosent read the forum. But most players that learned how to RP usually gets themselves stolen. Being a thief is risky!, sure you can be seen your thief is not 100% infaillible, but even with that as Sam said, the thief can just run and come back the other day with a hat, im starting to get really pissed off about seening freacking everyone running off me >< .
Tygran

Post by Tygran »

Nitram wrote:Ziel got the point.

Thiefs should play nice with the heros

And heros should play nice with the thiefs.

Its a game and it should be fun to all, playing it.

Nitram
Was it worth starting an entire thread then? You were just askinbg for flmaing between the two sides.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

It was needed. Because the heros are pissed off and the thiefs don't get this.
Caeldrian

Post by Caeldrian »

Oh well, we must fit the game around the powergamers. My apologies i shall not move next time i rob someone. Should i drop my trousers and bend over for them to?

This could have been fitted in the running thread. Many many players are pissed off that the game is basically run by those who basically train all day and then use it to control lesser players. Let the Thieves do what they have to do, eventually you will catch them.

I've played many many thieves, all of them have been jailed or died. I don't mind it, but saying you should stop normal rp to accomodate the heroes is bullshit and unfair.

btw kudos to Alexander von Hattingen, i've attempted to rob him numerous times (the last one being albert westford, who was killed escaping) he always deals with it in a great rp'd way and makes it a fun rp experience for all.
Last edited by Caeldrian on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

OMG, just stop calling everyone powergamers, i train Arameh since 8 months, Revlen for much more, Stephen for much more, Salathe Berengar....They all trained for a very long time, stop whining about that.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

The problem are not thiefs who grab into your bag. The problems are robbers. Peoples forcing you with a weapon in their hands to give them everything you have.

Marie got robbed three times in a week. 2 times from the same dwarf. every time he ctrl-click her, means he attacked her.

He walked again and again into the town, every time we saw him he turned and ran away, ignoring every #me, or a fireball hitting him. The fireball maybe took half of his health away, but has that made him stumbling? or did he cared? NO!.

He was sourrounded by 4 peoples. My mage had a fireball in her hand, and told him to lay his weapon down. what he did? #me runs away, and the same second he made the #me he was walking through us and away out of the gamewindow.

Yes, fairy fair :roll:
Tygran

Post by Tygran »

Yes, as is blocking a door with a wall spell or using ooc knowledge to 'set up' a criminal, very fair.