Elders of the Elven

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

~El'Daranae~

Elders of the Elven

Post by ~El'Daranae~ »

It has become painfully obvious that something went awry in out last elder elections. Perhaps it was a lack of candidates, or perhaps too much faith was placed in those candidates presented.

Either way, of the three elders elected, only one shows any semblace of being active. Miss Moathia can parade around her statement of "Behind-the-scenes activeness" all she wishes, but as it is the duty of an elder to serve as a figurehead as well as an objective, fair-minded, and all-considering mentor for our kind, and behind-the-scenes activeness is no way to serve our people. How shall we find you when you are invisible?

Miss Alaine, though I'm certain means well, has also been woefully inactive. I do recall when she took the position that she was unsure, due to her complicated schedule.

Meaning no offense to either person, but rather to their capacities as leaders of our people, I do feel, and I am not the only one, that they are not active enough to hold their current positions.

Lady Isilwen has been available night and day, and has never failed to listen to her people respectfully and respond to our thoughts and opinions accordingly. It is unfair, indeed an insult, to ask her to carry the true burden of being an elder on her own, while there are (believe it or not) three that hold that title.

My brother was meant to be an elder of the island, and he did not die to protect empty seats and meaningless oaths. We must, in his honor, and in the sacred honor of our people, form a stronger committee, one dedicated to serving above all else.

It is my sincere hope that the Ladies Moathia and Alaine will step down themselves, out of respect for their office and their people. If not, I request a vote on this issue, so we may have more dedicated brethren in our service.

Respectfully and sincerely,
El'Daranae Artemetus
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I feel great respect rise up for you from the depths of my heart lady Artemetus, however, I feel it is impossible to take any change. First of all, whom wish to become candidate for such an election? Whom is suitable, whom is liked, whom can you trust to be an example and be there night and day as lady Anrion is?
Also, lady Nethiala is too stubborn to recognise her state anyhow, and there arises a problem too. A lot of elves do not think she is inactive apparently (or so she says). Another tiny little paradox within itself.

But we shall see how this will work out amongst the elves, may all of them voice their opinions (and maybe grievances) here, so we can gauge the general opinion of the elven population.

ImageMisjilah MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
-Adjutor of the Grey Light
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

I fear i must agree with the opion of Miss Mehialho an Miss Artemetus. Except Elder Anrion, the Elders are rarely seen. I agree that we need a new election and i asking the Elders to organisation one.

Djironnyma
~El'Daranae~

Post by ~El'Daranae~ »

I think it has been made clear, though, that our previous process of nominations did not work. Alaine, though nominated, was unsure if she even wanted to run. I think one should nominate oneself, and then get at least two endorsements. Furthermore, when one nominates oneself, he or she should provide a detailed explanation first of what they feel the role of elder entails, second how they will fulfill that role, and thirdly, under what circumstances it is appropriate to remove them. This should prove dedication, as well as provide a concrete understanding that if one is elected as elder, one can be removed for abuse of power, or inactivity.

This, at least, is my initial view. I hope and trust that my brethren will offer feedback that will hone and strengthen this process so we might at last be united under a strong and wise leadership.

Respectfully as always,
El'Daranae Artemetus
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

That sounds for me like the big election campaigns from humans and halflings if they vote something. I think nothing of it. The elfes must know which elders they wand to have without a great self-adulation of soem candidates.

Djironnyma
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

You seem to understand the elves so well, yet you are not all elves. Not all elves should know which elders we "wish", and I am not very comfortable with you telling me what I should think. Even though this were not your intentions, I do feel this way.

Also, your recent arrogance both concerning elvish as well as arcane matters have left me highly displeased, as I heared that you wish to keep the inauguration of the new Magic Academy building between yourself and the archmages. Lady Artemetus' idea was ingenious, allows for elders whom know what the role entails and have good self-confidence, and still allows for more than enough feedback from the elven community. Also, if you really desire it, we could allow for people to deny certain people candidateship, as long as they can provide more than good arguments. However, I think this should not even have to be necessary.

And, concerning the arcane regards, I will still have to consult you on this matter.

May the Five grant you insight, but not too much ofcourse,

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Miss Mehialho, you confused me very much. On one hand you say it is arrogance when i talk about ouer old traditions, on the outher hand you take the right for your self to judge abut that?

The way Miss Artemetus suggest will change nothing in the end. Nobody can know if somebody will be a good Elder or not if he only read a great self-adulation text about him. To chose which one you vote you must know him, know him real, not only hear and read about him.

Beside on that i doesnt know what that have to to with the Magic Academy. Also it is simply wrong that it was my wish to keep that thing between me and the archmages, in fact there work more peopel as the archmages and me on that.

Djironnyma
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

From what I have heared about the Magic Academy thing and more people being involved, that this was only after confronting you with it. But as I already said, no, it does not have anything to do with it, I just wished for you to know that it has not elevated my respect for you.

Also, I have never said that it is arrogance as such, you just assume that all elves must feel this way currently. That I find quite arrogant. I have not taken the right of myself to judge about this in the slightest, if you had actually thoroughly read my post.
Also, lady Artemetus' suggestion is good for deciding upon an elder, for she refers to two recommendations. Recommendations which must not only be outstanding, but must also come from people whom we trust within the community. Your suggestion on the other hand is impossible, for not even with the elves is there such uniformity in their opinion about whom would make a good elder and whom not.

Grow up Djironnyma. The years have been gracious on you, however your mind has not travelled along with the times. May the Five grant you insight on this matter,

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

Before this turns into something bigger than it should be, I will offer my input.

I do not wish to speak against Alaine or Moathia. Both have excellent intentions, however, their conflicting schedules make this not the best time for such a position where a free schedule is needed. I am truly sorry that it went on for this long, but I had hoped it was only a short phase.

If a new election is what the Elven people like, then perhaps I can offer my assistance on the conflict of how to choose candidates. Anyone who wishes to submit a name, whether for themselves or on behalf of others, may submit that name to me, along with the reason for submission. I will post the names and reasons for all to see, but will not reveal the name of the one who submitted it. From this list, each can second the nomination for two names, and those who get at least a minimal number of second nominations will go on the list for the final election.

I hope this can work. Please consider the tasks required of an elder before submitting a name.

Isilwen Anrion
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

I respect Elder Anrion decision. Thats the reason why i have take away my note i wrote first here.

Djironnyma
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

I will admit I have not been around as much as I should be, and for that I am sorry, if you feel that an election is needed fine. I am happy to serve my people and step down for someone else they choose.

Moathia

((Sorry, my client isn't working as I said, and I've been really too sick in the past few days to even go near my computer.))
~El'Daranae~

Post by ~El'Daranae~ »

Priestess Moathia, I am writing this merely to express my respect for your concern of the welfare of our kind. You have made a noble decisionm and I am certain shall be well-respected for it.

Furthermore, I yield my original idea concerning nomination of candidates, out of respect for Lady Anrion's wishes. As she is the one who has carried the burden of our Elder, it is she who has the right to a final say.

With sincerity,
El'Daranae Artemetus
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Narmir wrote:Before this turns into something bigger than it should be, I will offer my input.

I do not wish to speak against Alaine or Moathia. Both have excellent intentions, however, their conflicting schedules make this not the best time for such a position where a free schedule is needed. I am truly sorry that it went on for this long, but I had hoped it was only a short phase.

If a new election is what the Elven people like, then perhaps I can offer my assistance on the conflict of how to choose candidates. Anyone who wishes to submit a name, whether for themselves or on behalf of others, may submit that name to me, along with the reason for submission. I will post the names and reasons for all to see, but will not reveal the name of the one who submitted it. From this list, each can second the nomination for two names, and those who get at least a minimal number of second nominations will go on the list for the final election.

I hope this can work. Please consider the tasks required of an elder before submitting a name.

Isilwen Anrion
Have you prepared the candidates yet? Or received any submissions whatsoever?

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
Damien

Post by Damien »

I definitely support Elder Isilwen Aniron's point.
The two new Elders must be both active, and responsible, as well as mature, for they will represent us all.

~Damien
Yridia Anar

Post by Yridia Anar »

Even if I not yet for a very long time on Gobaith stay thus tend I nevertheless in addition the suggestion of Elder Isilwen to support.

I pursue the arguments and discussions from the beginning and am rather sadly that we Elves it do not create a common line to find.

The faster a solution is found the better

Ushara with all

Yridia Anar
Member by the Druids of the Forrest
Healer
Misjilah

Post by Misjilah »

Yridia, I understand your concerns, however you must be able to see that in such cases, it is hard to find a common decision for us all, because we all have such different experiences. However, voting should be as common to a decision as we can get, and should suit everyone's needs.

ImageLady MehialhoImage
-Magistress
-Librarian of Vanima
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

I agree totally. I really am rather inactive, due to a few personal problems. That's why I'm kinda glad there is a new voting. Still, I'm sorry that I couldn't do my work the way I should have done it.

Alaine