Buildings - can we make them?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

flak

Buildings - can we make them?

Post by flak »

Are the players able to buy there own buildings? if so, how much do they cost?

sorry.. just looked back over the forum and relised that this has been asked before.. but there are some questions i wanted to ask.. can we buy patches of land for farming and things? and if so, how much would that cost?

(Edited by flak at 12:33 pm on June 3, 2002)
Turnupto

Buildings

Post by Turnupto »

I think in the next version you can build buildings... But they are expensive a small house costs 500 silver i think!
Juliana

Buildings

Post by Juliana »

That's not as expensive as it sounds. If you work regularly you won't have any problem with getting that money.
Turnupto

Buildings

Post by Turnupto »

Thats right! It is not soo expensive. But you can just buy a house for minimum 4 players. So 500 silver will be ... 125 silver for everyone. So you can buy one easy.
Elkrim

Buildings

Post by Elkrim »

One House for a Minimum of four players...
We will be flooded by houses...

20000 Players / 4 Players = 5000 Houses!

That's great, isn't it?!
But I'd like to buy a house, too!
Juliana

Buildings

Post by Juliana »

I think it's not right that everybody can build his own house. In my opinion you have to ask the gods and the money is for them ;)
If you spend enough they will "give" you a house.
Likwid Air

Buildings

Post by Likwid Air »

I think that there should be only a certain amount of spaces for houses in the game and people can buy a house in one of them. When a person gets sick of their house they can sell it to someone.

Just a thought
Turnupto

Buildings

Post by Turnupto »

@Elkrim: I dont think that everybody will have a house. There are not 20000 Players maybe 15000 because they stopped playing illarion or get deleted. And some wont have the money to get a house...
Neonfire

Buildings

Post by Neonfire »

Okay, some facts ...

1. There will be the possibility to build houses again ... later.
2. There is a price list anywhere in the depth of the board, but the prices aren't exactly those we will use when it's possible again to build houses. It will be expensive, better to say not affordable to everyone.
3. Not everyone will be able to build houses. Some time ago it was only allowed to guilds or to groups of at least four people. But Bror and the circle of GMs will consider these requirements when we can build again.
4. Don't think to much about it now :D

sv_neonfire
Likwid Air

Buildings

Post by Likwid Air »

I know a few people that want to buy a house and they don't haev 4 people. I think in certain circumstances e.g marriage houses should be allowed to be purchased.
Juliana

Buildings

Post by Juliana »

You know some people who WANT to buy a house. That doesn't mean that they'll get one. I for myself will share a house with a couple of other people. And isn't ist boring to have a house without anybody to talk to or to argue? ;)
Astral

Buildings

Post by Astral »

Guilds want buildings, but they usually have alot more money than the average person.  But if every guild could have a building, it would still add up to alot of buildings.  So if a price is affordable for one person alone, then a guild might have several buildings with their wealth.  So the price of a house should be beyond one person, or maybe several.  Think of how much a nice brick house with elaborate furnishings would cost in the middle ages!
Kornaloth

Buildings

Post by Kornaloth »

I agree with you Astral, although we use a lot of gold and gems for money, the fact that they are so common surely lowers their value, especially since we don't have any form of coin lower than gold. A house should be expensive, it should take a Lot of money to buy one...
The Nameless one

Buildings

Post by The Nameless one »

was'nt a gold coin worth a furtune in the middle ages i mean silver were'nt worth as much as gold so why don't whe  have a gold ingot instead of silver and silver coins and gold coins oh and if one would really want a house and there were'nt eny space i would gladly sell my house for a furtune and get some guys too demolish houses and build a kingdom there hehe
Korwin

Buildings

Post by Korwin »

Well even though this is totally off topic... how in the world does that
crazy shop human make silver ingots anyway? the melting point of silver
is around 900°C I believe. How does he achieve that temperature? could be that he just
finds some silver and crafts it until it is in the shape of an ingot... Alright I'm done
rambling for now, have a nice day.
Hyssena

Buildings

Post by Hyssena »

That's a silly question Korwin. Haven't you ever peeled the foil off of an ingot?
Mmmm... chocolate....
Khanor Faenohan

Buildings

Post by Khanor Faenohan »

Maybe he just . . . found it. Or it was imported from a hot place like hell, but does it really matter. I mean REEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY, does it?