New client: "Too slow"

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Gort Greegog

Post by Gort Greegog »

When I try and run the new client(witch i can just i cant move without waiting 20 seconds a square) I can see question marks on the screen. Any way that could be related to why I get all this lag?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

No when you see ? its because the item has no graphics currently on the client, nothing related to lag, i think.
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

Actually, the question marks on the ground, the double ones, are of ferns. Some people see the ferns (like Avareniah) while others don't (like Cain and Rogan).
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I will ask my question again...Is there nothing i can do to make Java working? Is it because my windows is not accepting it? There must be a way to make Java working, if anyone knows something useful please tell me.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Pocal wrote:Actually, the question marks on the ground, the double ones, are of ferns. Some people see the ferns (like Avareniah) while others don't (like Cain and Rogan).

Only reason Ava can see the ferns is because of all the sibanac... they're really supposed to be question marks ;)
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

OMG i installed 6.0, then uninstalled it and installed 5.0 back, and now when i try getting on my log page it says some shit about internet temporary files, why the heck all that shit happens to me??
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Nop wrote:You have another chance. The next update will have an upgrade of the game graphics libs. There is a faint chance that this is caused by those libs and may be fixed.
And for the last time:
If you see an error message, we need the exact text and a description how and when you got it. If you cannot remember, go there again and make a screenshot.

Nobody on earth can do anything for you based on "...gives me some shit...".
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

The fact is my window is in french, and also i dont know how to send a picture on that forum
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

If the client was too slow: Try the new version.
Alexander von Hattingen

Post by Alexander von Hattingen »

Tried new Client Version and same Problem than before. I am helpless... don´t have any more ideas what my Problem could be. I tried all what my knowledge allowed.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I got the update, but its the exact same.

Edit: In fact since i downloaded the update, my name and map data dosent show up in old client.
Necrontyr_arising
Location: The Last Samurai is a brilliant film...."I knew a bob once, god he was as ugly as a mule"

Post by Necrontyr_arising »

it helped me a tiny tiny tiny bit but the client is still too slow to play
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

...i dont know why i list my name and map data, now they work on the new client but not on the old 1, what the heck?? I didnt change anything in thoses folders.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

As you can read in the manual and again on the client DL page: The client converts the information to a new format, the old client cannot read that.
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

New version made a lot of difference. I was able to saw a few cherry branches and make a handle then chopped down an apple tree and chopped 3 logs before my system froze. Before I couldnt do more than walk and talk...so a big difference. Nice work. Thanks.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Jeremy Gems Willowbrook wrote:New version made a lot of difference. I was able to saw a few cherry branches and make a handle then chopped down an apple tree and chopped 3 logs before my system froze. Before I couldnt do more than walk and talk...so a big difference. Nice work. Thanks.
So you are walking the borderline. What was your HW config again?
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Nop wrote:So you are walking the borderline. What was your HW config again?
Pentium 2 400 Mhz / ATI Rage pro 3d 8Mb / 128 Mb RAM / 56k dial-up (don know it that makes any difference)
Running client on minimum settings.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Jeremy Gems Willowbrook wrote:
Nop wrote:So you are walking the borderline. What was your HW config again?
Pentium 2 400 Mhz / ATI Rage pro 3d 8Mb / 128 Mb RAM / 56k dial-up (don know it that makes any difference)
Running client on minimum settings.
I know this may sound bad to you, but it may help to overclock your gfx card and processor, i cant imagine anything that slow overheating ;)
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

My pc is 4x all that and i cant even move! :x
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

@falco...not got a clue how to do that.

@Arameh...have you tried reducing your resolution and/or colours on your system (not just on the client)?

If I set colour to 32 bit in control panel I get what sounds a lot like your problem. Really really slow. But set to 16 bit colour it runs as it is at the moment.

Started by the swamp south of Varshikar....wanted to test my system in combat...killed some flies okay. Walked up to Varshikar...killing a scorpion on the way. Everything was fine until I got next to the fountain in the town. The server/client threw me out with a 'too slow performance error'. But my system didnt freeze!
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

go to ati's site, look for an FAQ< it should tell you how to oc the card, i know how to with nvidia cards, but that wouldnt be a help. As for the processor, hmm....i should know this....uh......i think its something you do at startup, pressing some key before the os is up........hmm.....ill get back to you. Try the gfx card for now
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Processor is easy when you have Windows XP. If you have windows XP, press start. In that menu, rightclick "My Computer". Go to properties (I think it is called properties. Bear with me, my version is dutch ;) ). There you can see which processor you have. If needed I can provide a clarifying screeny or two.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Jeremy Gems Willowbrook wrote: ATI Rage pro 3d 8Mb
I fear it's the 8MB of graphics memory. The textures don't fit into the graphics card at the same time and when the driver must move around too many of them between graphics and main memory, it becomes too slow for drawing. That's why it happens in town where there are many large objects.

Sorry, but the only solution appears to be a better graphics card. E.g. an old GeForce2 with 32MB.
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

@Misjbar...thanks...But I'm running 98se

@falco...might try it if I have time.

@nop....no problems...I will have to look out for a cheap one. I'm surprised it got as close to working as it has.
Alexander von Hattingen

Post by Alexander von Hattingen »

I had a Problem with my Graphic Card. Elsa Erazor III LT (TNT2 64/64 Pro 32 mb) The Client loaded but the Game was very very laggy. I searched for OpenGl driver and couldn´t find any for WinXP. Only for Win98. So I installed Win98 and now it works fine. My Problem was the OpenGL Driver.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Alexander von Hattingen wrote:I had a Problem with my Graphic Card. Elsa Erazor III LT (TNT2 64/64 Pro 32 mb) The Client loaded but the Game was very very laggy. I searched for OpenGl driver and couldn´t find any for WinXP. Only for Win98. So I installed Win98 and now it works fine. My Problem was the OpenGL Driver.
Please post your specs in the "works for" topic - might be of help for others
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Jeremy Gems Willowbrook wrote:@Misjbar...thanks...But I'm running 98se

@falco...might try it if I have time.

@nop....no problems...I will have to look out for a cheap one. I'm surprised it got as close to working as it has.
As said by Nop, seeing as the memory is the problem, you might not even have to overclock the core clock speed, just the memory. If it doesnt work, then just pick up a cheap 20 dollar card instead of your next dinner ;)
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Riiiight, listen, i got GForce FX 5900, 2400 mhz, 512 RAM, i downloaded everything, java and all, now sinei got my new graphic card i dont get error texts. WEll my connection is high speed as well, i dont understand why it dosent work. Its just too laggy, so damn much, cant move at all. Its not from my pc, i dont know why it lags so much, can anyone at least tell me why it dosent work?
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Oh well, i changed the whole mothercard of my pc, and now it works perfectly, so it wasnt java, graphic card, performances or whatever, just my mothercard, if this can help anyone*shrugs*.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

mothercard = motherboard. ;)