old character, new client

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Poots

old character, new client

Post by Poots »

I have a fairly new computer, it can handle the new version, (I think), but when i downloaded it and tried to log in it said something about the old client.

I read that you have to somehow move your charaters over to the new version, and how is this done?

also heard that greebriar isn't done, is this the reason?

If I have to make a new char, thats ok, but I would really like my old one back.
Estralis Seborian

Re: old character, new client

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Poots wrote:I have a fairly new computer, it can handle the new version, (I think), but when i downloaded it and tried to log in it said something about the old client.
Just retry, this is one of the few technical problems with the new client.
Poots wrote:I read that you have to somehow move your charaters over to the new version, and how is this done?
Wrong rumour. You have to do nothing at all unless you are referring to a pre-wipe char (created before 04/2005). Those chars are gone but can be recreated.
Poots wrote:also heard that greebriar isn't done, is this the reason?
Greenbriar looks fine. Feel free to visit that cozy village.
Poots

Post by Poots »

wow...I got alot further this time, it still gave the same messege but what I saw was.....beautiful

I'm willing to sacrafice loading times and everything for it!
Josefine da Vince

Re: old character, new client

Post by Josefine da Vince »

Estralis Seborian wrote:
Poots wrote:I read that you have to somehow move your charaters over to the new version, and how is this done?
Wrong rumour. You have to do nothing at all unless you are referring to a pre-wipe char (created before 04/2005). Those chars are gone but can be recreated.
I think he meant the character file including the names.dat etc. Those you just have to copy and paste into your new Illarion directory but only when you changed it.