A proposal to you the citizens of trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Zhauvalea

Post by Zhauvalea »

What a hypocrite. The old Elder Council of Tol Vanima fell to petty squabbling after a failed coup.

-Z
Llama

Post by Llama »

My suggestion is this, one representative for all the races of trollsbane.

Form a council and discuss it for their best.

Brother Selisidour
Zhauvalea

Post by Zhauvalea »

That would make sense if the races were equally represented in numbers. However, it's far from the case. Humans outnumbers the rest 3 to 1, and elves outnumber all but humans 2 to 1. Dwarves and orcs take third place. I'm sure your proposal would be beneficial to you, lizard.

-Z
Llama

Post by Llama »

In that case, have amounts of representatives depending on the amounts of people. that way it'll work for all groups

Brother Selisidour
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Despite all of us residing in different towns, we all come together in Troll's Bane to trade, meet our friends and engage in general merriment. The system of Lyrenzia was the best, in my opinion, and achieved the most. It started to fail when groups were removed, simply because they established their own homes. I say that we re-establish the council of Lyrenzia, as an island wide organisation, focusing mainly on Troll's Bane as the capital.

-Brendan Mason
Co-founder of Greenbriar, Ranger and Silverstar Merchant.
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

From what is to find in the history, Lyrenzia failed because it took too long to make decisions since it was hard to get all the groups together for a meeting. We simply live in times where quick decisions have to be made.

signed,
Errian Abêth
Karguk Inkathurg

Post by Karguk Inkathurg »

Why can't we just get along?
Urilen Quanasuard

Post by Urilen Quanasuard »

Because, if we don't have leaders that won't get along, how can we get along?

-Uri
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

The problem is, the leaders.
We don't need leaders, all we need is people who'll look after us, not control us.

Signed,
Sir William Greye
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Leaders are needed, because when there is a great danger there must be someone who can give orders that people follow so as a united unit we can defeat the danger. This was the case with the last Lich War, one leader, Pendar Fayed, led all and the island triumphed because as a unit the island fought and bested the undead monsters. If there is no leader, there will be no orders nor communications between parties and then we would be alone, fighting for ourselves and not the island.

Stephen Rothman
First Knight of Kallahorn
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

History also shows that even without constant leaderly support, a leader arises to command the masses against pretty much anything that threatens our home. It is not necessary to have a constant person, or group of people, governing us during times of peace, or even mild hostility.

Cain
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

The problem is, the leaders.
We don't need leaders, all we need is people who'll look after us, not control us.
I said this three times now, but I will do it again if it is needed:

In what point do the leaders of the town (who follow the town rules which tell you not to kill, steal or annoy) actually control you? The town gates are opened, so you got the freedom to go where you like to. No control there. There are no taxes (which is different in other towns, by the way) so one can work freely and use the buildings and tools whenever one likes. No control there.

signed
Errian Abêth