Betrayed

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Bailey Thunnigan

Post by Bailey Thunnigan »

You can come and try, Conner.

Bailey Thunnigan
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Careful Rapthar, she might call you names for disagreeing with her. Cain was a bored old man, I was a lunatic, there were probably more I cannot remember. People clearly aren't on the same page on this, but as I have stated, the deaf ones cannot hear.

F
Bailey Thunnigan

Fooser, you better go and spread your lies elsewhere. Better don't do me wrong.

Bailey Thunnigan
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Or what? You and your mercenary friends threaten to attack and kill, me and my friends do no such thing. You and your friends have not only threatened, but also vandalized my property, I have done no such thing to you. You are being unreasonable, and it is very clear that many dont want you around, I believe it's time to rethink this.

F
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Bailey i do not care for your power struggle, only that you intend to do ill to a friend of mine and that your power struggle might bring blood to the streets. Be warned, I will not try I will do, and make no mistake i doubt the town will stand idly by while you incite battle within its bourders, and neither will I. You have been givin fair notice apon a simple negociation and have been givin warrning apon blood shed. Leave it at that, and let your actions tell your fate.

^Conner Rapthar^
Bailey Thunnigan

I've told you to remove your property. You have not.
You can come and have a look now - just don't tell me you haven't been warned.

Bailey Thunnigan
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Who are you to tell me to move it? It posed no problems.

F
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

Not to give any offense, Fooser.
But this Lady is the Captain of the Guard, she enforces the law.

Signed,
Sir William Greye
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

And she has broken the law, Sir Greye.

In any town, suddenly seizing the "throne" is viewed as treason. Nowhere in the rules of Trollsbane, unless I missed it, does it state that the Captain of the Guard or anyone else, can freely take the role of overseer while there is a current Overseer without their permission.

-R
Siegfried Schtauffen

Sorry. I wasn't aware of the rule.
This whole jumble with Derek and Bailey will be the death of Troll's Bane, I predict.

Signed,
Sir William Greye
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

The death of this town? Lad this town has survived long since befor i can remember. It has survived the Demon wars, the Rot worm wars, the Northerot wars, the Drow raids, the Blood wars and last but not least the litch wars. This town will survive, but the manner in which it survives will be left to those simple people who make it what it is. In the end of this debate the people will remain, only those who belive themselves fitter to lead will change.

The note is left unsigned
Siegfried Schtauffen

Through all of those pains, one hard blow can knock a man down.

~unsigned
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Ashkatuul, Drahken Vorkalion, Ungolianth.. these are treachous beings that have been dealt with in the past, far worse than that which any man could possibly conceive to bring upon the town. Troll's Bane will survive, regardless of who plays the pretense of "ruler." Whether it be Lady Thunnigan, or Lord Corydon (though neither reflect well their titles) ruling, they are both mortal and will pass as mortals do. Unfortunately, this is a time I would much rather see them step down from their positions of influence, as it is clear to me that they may only bring about more squabbling amongst themselves. I could care less who controls the Guard, however the title of Overseer is simply a cushion for Decay and Corruption to make their home.

Cain Freemont
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

I still don't see why you are complaining that much. The rules we have in Trolls Bane are not different from the rules Silverbrand and even Varshikar has. Actually, those rules are *standart* rules for living together peacefully.

- Do not kill
- Do not steel
- Do not insult

Cain said he wanted to have the freedom to kill anyone he likes in town to safe his or his friends honor. Think about that for a moment maybe and you will come to the conlucion that this would not work, if everyone did it. One person kills a friend of Cain, Cain kills the friend of another person. This could go on and on, just like "an eye for an eye" does. It would be more destructive than anything else.
I didn't see anyone else giving reasons yet, after all. Your voices may be heard, but until now you talked a lot and said nothing.

signed,
Errian Abêth
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Cain's arguement is very clear in my opinion. He believes that if a man took say his wife's life, he has the right to take that person's life whenever he finds that person. Through the guard, the person would likely be sent to jail for a small amount of time, only three weeks I believe, and fined a couple hundred coins. This is not a serious punishment for such a crime as to murder. Cain's other point is, what gives the Guard so much more authority and right to serve justice then anyone else ?
I side with my wife on this matter, but I do not think the town guard has the power to alone distribute justice for in their ranks there was a ex bandit by the name of Dhearaow. There is no reason in my reckoning that this bandit should be given more right to serve justice then my person or anyone else.
The town guard, is ment to defend the town from outside forces, that is what it's original purpose was. However, it's authority has grown to that of police force of Trolls Bane. I am perfectly fine with this belief, because the Town Guard currently is not strong enough to defend the Town of Trolls Bane any longer, and as always it has been, the true defenders of Trolls Bane were the citizens. No single guild could defend Trolls Bane from any large opponent without the help of the people of Trolls Bane.
So now, the Town Guard is the police force of Trolls Bane and until there is an election or large uproar it should remain. As Bailey Thunnigan is the current Captain of The Town Guard, she does have the power to make the laws and make sure they are enforced. As Such, Derek Corydon has no right to tell her to stand down, nor to listen to him.

Derek Corydon has infact been an absent Overseer. There is not been one activity the past 9 months of his standing over Trolls Bane that was legitimate.
When Eliza's shop walls were decimated after the Lich War, it was the Grey Rose's Alexander von Hattingen and the Knighthood I serve that gathered the resources and mended the walls. When Derek told me he was going to see to fixing the walls he went absent or never got to work to do this, so we had to do it for him.
When Derek was given the role to be Captain of the Town Guard, from Pendar Fayed, he accepted it whole heartedly. But it was not more then a week past when he gave up the role of Captain of the Guard to Bailey Thunnigan and then moved himself into a higher standing position as Overseer, and now Lord.
During the trial of William Elderberry vs Taylor Windslasher, Derek heard from William and infact saw the wound on William's body that matched well Taylor's blade, and heard from countless other people the child mercenary was infact dangerous and yet still Derek found Taylor innocent. Derek found the child innocent on the word of Irania, a lovely girl, but one who will infact bend the truth for people she does not like, in this case William Elderberry. The one thing Derek did as Lord of Trolls Bane, he did wrong.

Stephen Rothman
First Knight of Kallahorn
Zhauvalea

Post by Zhauvalea »

Keep in mind that the decision to add Dhaeraow to the guards was that of Derek Corydon as well. Bailey only accepted Corydon's decision on the basis of my word that I would make betrayal very painful for Dhaeraow.

-Z
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

I only skimmed over most of the messages left here, for it is clear that a large sum of it is based on assumtions and very little of it is valid. Stephen after the lich war Pendar still held the position of overseer, and it was not even my responsibity to fix up the town. When i granted Bailey to be the Captian of the guard, it never elevated myself to a higher position. On the contrary, that would be giving up power, and i did it partialy because of pendars request that we both run things. Other damages to the town were promtly looked after, and i cannot account for the how fast the workers made the repairs. Also if you actually paid attention to the trial, William's own witness who he pointed out personally denied the act. Also the current citizens list was continued from that which pendar had made, and as was and still is stated if there was anyone missed they would be added. Since only those who have requested to be added are on there it is indeed a accurate representation of the citizens, or at least those who care to be citizens.
I just though i'd point that out to you.

Derek Corydon, Overseer of trollsbane
Zhauvalea

Post by Zhauvalea »

Then it is agreed. The list is accepted by both parties.

-Z