Beta Testers Thread

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Nalzaxx

Beta Testers Thread

Post by Nalzaxx »

I thought the creation of an open thread for all the Beta testers would be hopeful, so Nop isn't flooded with a bunch of PM's about the same problem. He mentioned we should post if we found any problems so I hope I'm not overstepping myself here.

I have found a few initial problems with the short play around I had last night:

Firstly I started the game in fullscreen mode, and tried switching between fullscreen and windowed mode. This worked fine, however when in windowed mode I was unable to minimine using the buttons in the top right corner. Whenever I tried to mouse over this area the cursor would 'jump' back to the playing area.

Also the Dragon clock won't show up at all, either by F7 or right clicking the stauts bar, although I assume this is because the current server does not support it.

Next, the NVidia Geforce bug is recurring with some items, I'm running with a NVidia Gefore 4 Ti 4200 and some chairs are showing up with a pink glow.

Also, going behind buildings such as the library produces the desired fade effect which allows me to view my character, unfortunately the tiles around the character are all black and show no detail.

Finally the push bug mentioned in the manual was NOT fixed by walking around, in order to correct the map area I had to relog.

Thats all for now, I'll try and do some more extensive testing tonight.
Keikan Hiru

Re: Beta Testers Thread

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Whenever I tried to mouse over this area the cursor would 'jump' back to the playing area.
The readme (included in your installation directory) will show you an option that is related to this, "MouseWrap".
Toy arround with this and see if it helps.

Next, the NVidia Geforce bug is recurring with some items, I'm running with a NVidia Gefore 4 Ti 4200 and some chairs are showing up with a pink glow.
This is no longer related to nvidia, this is a problem with this specific item itself. As soon as its replaced there are no longer these pink-pixles.
Thats all for now, I'll try and do some more extensive testing tonight.
Before posting it as a bug, take a look at the redme, if there isn't already a possible bugfix/option/tweak.
Nop
Developer

Re: Beta Testers Thread

Post by Nop »

Nalzaxx wrote:I thought the creation of an open thread for all the Beta testers would be hopeful, so Nop isn't flooded with a bunch of PM's about the same problem. He mentioned we should post if we found any problems so I hope I'm not overstepping myself here.
Nope, I have explicitly asked every beta tester to post problems here where people can look up the solutions and answers later. Thank you for listening. :-)
Nalzaxx wrote: This worked fine, however when in windowed mode I was unable to minimine using the buttons in the top right corner. Whenever I tried to mouse over this area the cursor would 'jump' back to the playing area.
This is a problem of the graphics library we use. If changing the option does not change it, there's nothing we can do at the moment.
Nalzaxx wrote: Also the Dragon clock won't show up at all, either by F7 or right clicking the stauts bar, although I assume this is because the current server does not support it.
Right. It will be enabled once the server can handle it.
Nalzaxx wrote: Next, the NVidia Geforce bug is recurring with some items, I'm running with a NVidia Gefore 4 Ti 4200 and some chairs are showing up with a pink glow.
Your graphics card is allright. Those are real almost-purple pixels, the graphic needs to be redone.
Nalzaxx wrote: Also, going behind buildings such as the library produces the desired fade effect which allows me to view my character, unfortunately the tiles around the character are all black and show no detail.
Yes. That's a major problem of the way the server handles being behind buildings. There is a proposed solution, but it would require a considerable server rewrite. Something for the far future.
Nalzaxx wrote: Finally the push bug mentioned in the manual was NOT fixed by walking around, in order to correct the map area I had to relog.
If you walk far enough, all bad tiles should move out of the screen and everything should be fine again.
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Er... What program is needed to read the manuel?
Belgram
Location: If I were a guy i'd be gay for Jake (and Jeremy Sumpter)

Post by Belgram »

My laptop can't support it. It comes up with that gonig to illarion screen yet doesn't go any further.
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Use the Play link at the top... Still I found a problm. I cant go along my depot because the arrows dont work.
And what program do I need to read the manuel?
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Jon Childs wrote:Er... What program is needed to read the manuel?
Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 3 and higher.

And the manual explains about those arrows :-)
Last edited by Nop on Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

Hmm. Okay thanks I'll get that now.
Belgram
Location: If I were a guy i'd be gay for Jake (and Jeremy Sumpter)

Post by Belgram »

What is a good time for fading obsatacles? I can't get a viable time in...
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

Just read the manuel, all is well with it. Well for me.
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

The food bar shows up empty when first logging in until you eat something, even if you were stuffed when you logged out last.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Yes. Because the Server don't send this value when you log in. Only when it changes
Isilwen

Post by Isilwen »

I thought that might be it, but just wanted to post it to be sure it wasn't something wrong ^^;
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Belgram wrote:What is a good time for fading obsatacles? I can't get a viable time in...
Just use the default value.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

first, I love those new grafics, they rock. Illarion became more realistic, and less comicstile, yes!

I also love alot of the other new stuff, but thats not the thread for praising you guys ;).

Until now i noticed not much problems.

I noticed that the drag&drop system is very sensitiv, if you dont do it slowly, and click the item as good as in the middle, you wont drag it succesfully.

but maybe that is something i overread in the manual. i know there is an option area, but somehow as a player i am frightened to change something there.

I also noticed that you can "steal" the messages from others. if someone is just saying something and you pass him while he does that the windows with his texts moves from him to you and walks with you away...rofl.

Oh, and if you play now a music instrument the two messages appearing, german and english, overlap. the two windows are on each other and you can neither red that, nor can you see anything that is behind it. in a crowded area that may lead to confusion ^_^

Thats all for now =)

oh.p.s.

I love that new windows for the crafting system! it is much easier now to use the tool and chose an item! Yes! Good work =)
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

As pertaining to the manual.

You know that long discussion everyone had about Gobiath or Gobaith, well in the manual its spelt Gobiath.

In the story there is some formatting errors, especially with lowercase I's

Also on the website, the large PLAY button on the top right takes me to www.microsoft.com however I am using Firefox.

I also noticed that only the left shift button allows you to turn on the spot, if you hold the right shift button and press an arrow key you still move.
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

I don't like the way the depot works. Ack! And erm, there was something about Char'sneeding to be copied to the new one, I havnt got a new Illarion folder.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Nalzaxx wrote: Also on the website, the large PLAY button on the top right takes me to www.microsoft.com however I am using Firefox.
It's a broken link - thank you.

Seem you are using IE and your browser hijacked the broken link to Micro$oft. But I fear you won't find any client there. :-)
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

As i saw there is now that funky animation if you learn something new. yesterday i learned a new item in goldsmithing and the grafi appeared, when i was smithing 10 other items the animation appeared again, but i got no new item. and the skill dont seems to have changed.

There is still a blacksmithing skill in my skill list, a skill which is not in use as far as i know.

You can't pick up items over which someone stands, means if you are fighting mummys you have to push them away to collect the items before they rot. same if you trade with someone, if he gives you the item below you you have to step aside to pick it up.
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

I noticed that. It makes it better RP. If a mummy was standing on a dagger you wouldnt take it straight from under him. I am not sure how to get my sklill bars up, a little help?

EDIT: I need to know where to copy all my files to my old illarion! Seriously I cant find a new Illarion Folder and I use Firefox!
Last edited by Jon Childs on Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

What do you mean by default values? It won't let me save any settings changes in the option portion unless I fill a value in every box. Considering Im not aware of what number most values should be between, this makes life a little difficult.

Edit: Disabling/Enabling Mouse wrap had an interesting effect. It seems that when the option is changed it allows you to mouse over the buttons once, however any susequent attempts to move back over the buttons results in the same jumping of the cursor
Last edited by Nalzaxx on Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Hrm das meiste wurde schon genannt, was mit jedoch noch auffiel:

-der Zauber zum löschen von Eiflammen macht ein slpash wie wasser zeigt aber die grafik eines feuerbals.... das past nciht wirklich zusammen (abgesehen davon funktioniert er imemr noch nciht ^^)

-Löscht man ein gespeicherten zauber und speichert dann sofort ohne alt loszuzlassen einen neuen so werden die neu ausgewählten runen nur zu dem alten (eigentlich ja bereits gelöschtem) hinzugefügt

-beim zaubern mit hilfe des zauberstabes kommt es mit unter vor das man sich nicht mehr bewegen kann, die steuerung reagiert auf die pfeiltasten nciht mehr man kann sich nurnoch drehen. den genauen zusammmenhang konnte ich leider nocht nicht feststellen

-ich finde das ausblenden von objekten sit zu sensibel. mansche dinge werden mir zu früh ausgeblendet, in dem sinen das sie schon transperent werden wenn ich nur in der nähe stehe oder nur ein bruchteil des Chars hinter dem objekt ist

...ansonsten find ich ihn schonmal sehr sehr schick ^,^.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Ghorn wrote: You can't pick up items over which someone stands, means if you are fighting mummys you have to push them away to collect the items before they rot. same if you trade with someone, if he gives you the item below you you have to step aside to pick it up.
Right. Have you ever tried picking up something from under an enemy trying to kill you? Hurts! :-)

Throwing things at the feet of your trading partner is considered a rather rude gesture, too. :-)
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Jon Childs wrote: EDIT: I need to know where to copy all my files to my old illarion! Seriously I cant find a new Illarion Folder and I use Firefox!
Start client - click "About" Button - dialog shows the path.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Nalzaxx wrote:What do you mean by default values? It won't let me save any settings changes in the option portion unless I fill a value in every box. Considering Im not aware of what number most values should be between, this makes life a little difficult.
You should have default values in all boxes.

I think I see your problem: Have you installed over an existing client directory? If so, rename the illarion.cfg to something else and try again.
Skarskin
Location: Some idiot who spelt their name Skarskin instead of Skarsnik!

Post by Skarskin »

im trying to make a new account so i can play it, im not getting a confirmation email through though.
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

Use your old account!

Thanks Nop!
Skarskin

Post by Skarskin »

my password doenst work..thats why...ill have to recover it somehow.
Skarskin

Post by Skarskin »

sorry about that. does anybody know how i can change my graphics requirements, because an error comes up and says i have insufficiant graphics?
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Just a few minor qwibbles:

Firstly, the graphic for grey bottles is SO dark, it doesn't show up untill you highlight it.

Yellow dye now has the correct graphic, but its still called GREY dye!

And when someone is standing next to a shop wall, the first portion of their name disappears so you get people called "omeone"[/img]