Rücktritt / Resigning

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Estralis Seborian

Rücktritt / Resigning

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Liebe Spielerschaft, lieber Illarion-Staff,
wie intern bereits vor vielen Wochen angekündigt habe ich mich dazu entschlossen, zum 1.2.2006 meinen Rang als Gamemaster niederzulegen. Ich ziehe damit die logische Konsequenz aus meinem derzeitigen und zukünftigen Status, den ich nur kurz umreißen möchte:

Wie einige sicherlich wissen stehe ich am Ende meines Studiums und ich bewerbe mich dieser Tage um eine Studienarbeit am GKSS. Die erhöhte berufliche Belastung lässt es einfach nicht mehr zu, mir die Nächte für Illarion um die Ohren zu hauen. Auch fordert die Damenwelt ihren Tribut, was meine Freizeit angeht. Somit verbleibt mir nicht genügend Zeit für dieses Kleinod was da heißt Illarion um den Anspruch, der an einen GM gestellt wird, gerecht zu werden. Ich setze mich zur Zeit nur einem unnötigen Druck aus, dadurch, dass ich mir von Zeit zur Zeit sage, ich müsste doch mal wieder aktiver werden.

An dieser Stelle möchte ich allerdings auch nicht unerwähnt lassen, dass mir der Spielspaß ein wenig abhanden gekommen ist. Dadurch, dass der derzeitige Client auf meinem Rechner regelmäßig abstürzt, viele gravierende Bugs seit etwa 10 Monaten nicht behoben sind und in meinen letzten 3 Questen der Server jedes Mal abgeraucht ist, kann ich mich nur begrenzt auf die Spielwelt einlassen. Dies soll keine Kritik sein, aber es ist Fakt. Da ich weiß, wie hart an Illarion gearbeitet wird, möchte ich alle, denen es geht wie mir, um ein wenig mehr Geduld bitten. Der Zustand von Testserver und neuem Client zaubert mir jedes Mal ein Lächeln aufs Gesicht. Mit all den Änderungen, die sich am Horizont abzeichnen, wird Illarion ein komplettes und spielenswertes Spiel, fast so wie in den guten alten Tagen. Ich möchte dem Staff an dieser Stelle danken, dass meinen Eingebungen und meinem unqualifizierten Gemotze ;-) so viel Gehör geschenkt wurde.

Ich habe nicht vor, dem Spiel für alle Zeiten den Rücken zu kehren. Ich möchte mich allerdings von leidigen Pflichten befreien, die mich von meinen eigentlichen Zielen abhalten. Meine Ziele sind, neuen Spielern den Einstieg zu erleichtern, interessante Plots zu entwickeln und die Spielbalance zu verbessern. Spieler bannen, Accountarbeit, Boardmoderation und mitunter äußerst nervige Spieleranfragen tragen nicht zu meiner Motivation bei und ich möchte mich einfach von diesem administrativen Teil des GMings befreien. Ich möchte, wenn es im Sinne des Staffs ist, gerne weiterhin zum Spiel beitragen, allerdings eher in der Form, wie ich es tat, bevor ich GM wurde.

Also, kein Anlass, lange Abschiedsworte zu finden!
Euer Estralis

Spieler von:
R************
G************
A************
B************
B************

Spieler der mittlerweile verworfenen Charaktere
Lithane
Latheliar
Ludwig Steinfurth
Gabil Hadhod
Yrchu Moringotho
Burgon

Verkörperer diverser NPCs:
Altilos Lynkaro
Ankhar
Atnas Sualc
B*******
Bradakahr
Brückentroll
Darnok
Fluffy
Graor Moringotho
Grikshak
Grokko
Hasso Lobo
Jack O'Lantern
Jessica Lankenau
Kerhs
Linda Abelha
Linda Brezlinger
Löwenkopf 1
Löwenkopf 2
Moseph
Murruk
Olwin Juninger
Rekrap Retep
Rodgort
Rudolf
Siegbert Altenwald
Snuffles
Spirit of Earth
Spirit of Fire
Tharak Silberhelm
Tharfisk
Timrek (the Gorf)
Zhugrak
u.v.m.

---

Dear players, dear Illarion staff,
Like I’ve have announced on the internal boards many weeks ago I resigned from my rank as gamemaster by 02/01/06. I draw the conclusion from my current and future state which I’d like to describe briefly:

As some of you might know, I’m at the end of my studies at university. I applied to do a thesis at the GKSS research institute. This increased burden makes it impossible for me stay up all night long playing Illarion. Also, womenship demands its toll of my spare time ;-) Thus, there isn’t enough time left to fulfill the requirements of being a GM anymore. Currently, I am just exerting pressure on myself by demanding from myself to become active again.

I also have to mention that I somehow lost fun playing Illarion. Since the current client crashes on my computer rather frequently, many serious bugs weren’t fixed for around 10 months and the server smoking up during my last three quests, I cannot emphasis with the world too much. This is not ment as criticism but it’s a fact. Since I know that Illarion is being worked on really hard, I’d like to ask all of you who think like me for a little more patience. The state of the testserver and the new client make me smile every day. With all the changes and improvements to come, Illarion will become a complete game and worth playing, just like in The Good Old Days™. I’d like to thank the whole staff for listening to my perpetual nagging.

I don’t plan to abandon the game for good. I just want to get rid of the unwanted duties I have, those who prevent that I can concentrate on the things I really want to do. My goals are to improve the arrival of new players, to develop interesting plots and to optimize the game balance. Banning players, doing account work, moderating boards and dealing with sometimes stupid player requests does not motivate me, thus I want to get rid of this „bureaucratic part“ of GMing. If the staff agrees, I’d like to continue to contribute to the game even though I’d like to do it like I did before I became GM.

So, no need for a long „nice knowing you, ol’ chap“!
Yours sincerly,
Estralis

Player of:
R************
G************
A************
B************
B************

Player of the now abandoned characters:
Lithane
Latheliar
Ludwig Steinfurth
Gabil Hadhod
Yrchu Moringotho
Burgon

Inpersonating various NPCs:
Altilos Lynkaro
Ankhar
Atnas Sualc
Brelogar
Bradakahr
Troll under the bridge
Darnok
Fluffy
Graor Moringotho
Grikshak
Grokko
Hasso Lobo
Jack O'Lantern
Jessica Lankenau
Kerhs
Linda Abelha
Linda Brezlinger
Lion Head 1
Lion Head 2
Moseph
Murruk
Olwin Juninger
Rekrap Retep
Rodgort
Rudolf
Siegbert Altenwald
Snuffles
Spirit of Earth
Spirit of Fire
Tharak Silberhelm
Tharfisk
Timrek (the Gorf)
Zhugrak
and many more
Last edited by Estralis Seborian on Tue May 01, 2007 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

:cry: *clings* Another one bites the dust...
Llama

Post by Llama »

From the few words I picked out which I could understand...

:( :(

-
Miss you?
Damien

Post by Damien »

He won't leave as player, for thegod's sake =)
Llama

Post by Llama »

Damien wrote:He won't leave as player, for thegod's sake =)
How was I supposed to know anyway? I can't read German... (aargh)
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

As Estralis said
English version follows up asap.
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

We will miss you Estra, but I wish you good luck in your future anyways
:)
Kamik Windslasher ~

Post by Kamik Windslasher ~ »

:cry:

Not you, Estralis, please. You were one of the best gms for me.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Donal shall miss Brendan, his favourite piggy.
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

Wonderful player, wonderful GM, wonderful person. Nothing much more needs to be said. Good luck with everything in the future.
Josefine da Vince

Post by Josefine da Vince »

Japheth wrote:Wonderful player, wonderful GM, wonderful person. Nothing much more needs to be said. Good luck with everything in the future.
That get's straight to the point.
Anyway, good luck and see you around.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Yes, it does.

Atleast you will still be around :)

Good luck with everything.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Yeah Japheth hit it, one of the best and most consistent GM's ever in Illarion.
:( Sad Face for that

8) Happy face for you sticking around and hopefully doing good in future endeavors.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

As the GM who kept me in the game, i have to say i shall miss you my friend. Good luck with university, and im certain we shall meet in the future ;)
Gurik Elvenstar

Post by Gurik Elvenstar »

you were a great gm thank you for helping me with some problems! good luck my friend
Markous

Post by Markous »

Alles ist Vergänglich :)

Danke für all die Arbeit in den letzten Jahren, Du hast es immer toll und entspannt angehen lassen :)
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Josefine da Vince wrote:
Japheth wrote:Wonderful player, wonderful GM, wonderful person. Nothing much more needs to be said. Good luck with everything in the future.
That get's straight to the point.
Anyway, good luck and see you around.
He missed "nice gams." *whistles*
Alatar

Post by Alatar »

Thanks for all your work you have done so far. Hopefully you can advise us with further (unqualified??) comments!

Good luck for your private life and see you again in Illarion.

Deeply grateful,
Jan
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Take care and have fun in the real world.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

One word: Thanks / Danke.

I had so much fun with all of you and I hope more fun will follow up... even if I won't join the game too often.