Rumors

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sir Giandor

Post by Sir Giandor »

It is sad, that the librarian Sir J. Giandor is still in the town. Reading a good book in his private room in the library: How to defence a city.
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

You can see two kids walking by.

"Have you heard of the three bananas? It is a band"

"Yes they have a concert tomorrow in front of the castle"

"I have to go, this will be fun"

You also can see an announcement hanging up on the wall..
Damien

Post by Damien »

You hear in the tavern that one of the elven elders is running through the town preparing for a journey or expedition. He obviously equipped himself with a shovel, a pickaxe, several other tools, paper and coal pencils, two lamps and some oil, as well as light travellers armor and some good weapons. And he has visited greenbriar and returned with a bag full of healing potions, and strangely, mana potions too. A peasant saw him handing a sealed scroll to Sam in the castle, and claims to have read the words "last will" on it. This guy is up to something.
Salesh Ssshak'rr

Post by Salesh Ssshak'rr »

A small raven sits upon the peak of the grey haven
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

*Rumors float around that a decaying body of an orc can be found in Cherga's ruined temple, near the skeletons already dwelling in the basement.*
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

Rumor has it that a flying pig has been seen terrorizing the travelers of the troll wood.

YOU hear two wemon speaking:
woman one: Did you hear about that poor lass?
Woman two: oh it was so sad, the town seemed to stop at the moment.
Woman one: the animals even miss her.
Alyssa

Post by Alyssa »

The Throatless howls of the undead hordes can be heard within trolls banes walls once more..

((as i future note it would be nice if someone could post something like this when the town is under enemy control again, maybe even the gm in charge of the quests. i'm sure many of us will appreicate it))
Diego

Bandits

Post by Diego »

You walk to the Castle at the Front Gate you see 2 male Humans talking....

Human1: "Yesterday my friend came very worried to me to warn me."
Human2: "Warn you?
Human1: "He told me to be careful, between the Citys, because a bandit has appeared on island and he is looking for Recruits.
Human2: "A Bandit? Do the Town Guards already have any discribtion of him?
Human1: "He told me that nobody knows his face but he is always smelling like beer."

----------------

Du bist auf dem Weg zur Burg. Als du vor dem Haupttor stehst siehst du 2 maenliche Menschen miteinander reden.....

Human1: "Gestern kam ein Freund von mir sehr besorgt zu mir um mich zu warnen."
Human2: " Um dich zu warnen?"
Human1: " Er sagte mir ich solle vorsichtig sein wenn ich zwischen den Staedten reise. Ein Bandit sei auf der Insel erschienen und halte Ausschau nach neuen Rekruten.
Human2: " Ein Bandit? Haben die Stadt Wachen denn schon eine Beschreibung von ihm?
Human1: Er sagte mir niemand kenne sein Gesicht, aber er solle stark nach Bier riechen.
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

You have not heard or seen the girl Rhiannon for quite some time
amorax_kaka

Post by amorax_kaka »

there are rumors of an evil one baying for kevin Lightdot's blood
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

You hear that there will be a fight at grey refuge between Kevin Lightdot and an unknown man.
Sir Giandor

Post by Sir Giandor »

You heared that the war is over.
.Rhiannon.

Post by .Rhiannon. »

Out by the river whilst washing clothes, a little girl whines to her mother...

"I heard Rhiannon is back, I want to play with her. "

"Hush, child. That little girl hasn't been seen in ages, and you know she always manages to be in some kind of trouble; it's safer if you just don't play with her."

"But Mom, I saw a lizard that said she was in the Grey Rose castle! I want to play!"

"No, Emmaline, that girl is bad news. I heard the lichs came because of her."

The little girl pouts and goes to play.
Callith

Post by Callith »

You hear that Callith has left the castle refusing to stay with a drow.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

There are rumours of Orcs going on a hunt
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

As recent rumours have been slipping back into the old style, a reminder.
((A note to players. This topic was originally for GM use only, but we eventually let players use it. However, recently, the rumours have gone down-hill. Not only have they become stupidly specific, but they have also become detrimental to roleplay.

A suggestion: Start including sources for rumours, as well as keeping them vague! They should be rumours, not highly accurate news reports.

An example:

An old woman that walks the streets of Troll's Bane tells all that she can that she has seen an unusual pillar by the Lake of Adron.

This is something along the lines of what we want, as opposed to highly detailed factual stories. If you want to start something like that, start your own topic.

The alternative, if rumours do not start improving, is that this topic is locked and that rumours will only be posted if we approve them beforehand.

This is more work for both you and us, so please, put some sense into your rumours.))

((Eine Anmerkung für die Spieler. Dieses Topic war eigentlich dazu gedacht, dass nur GMs hier posten, jedoch haben wir es gelegentlich auch von Spielern benutzen lassen. Wie dem auch sei, seit neuestem sind die Gerüchte völlig verkommen. Sie sind nicht nur zu spezifisch geworden, sondern schädlich für das Rollenspiel.

Ein Vorschlag: Beginnt damit die Quelle des Gerüchts anzugeben und haltet sie vage! Es sollen Gerüchte sein und keine extrem präzisen Neuigkeitenberichte.

Ein Beispiel:

Eine alte Frau geht durch die Straßen von Trolls Bane und erzählt jedem, dass sie eine seltsame Säule an Adrons See gesehen hat.

Das ist ungefähr das was wir wollen, im Gegensatz zu den genau detaillierten, sachlichen Erzählungen. Wenn ihr so etwas posten wollt, dann bitte in einem eigenen Topic.

Sollte die Gerüchte sich nicht bessern, dann ist die einzigste Alternative das das Topic gesperrt wird und Gerüchte nur geposted werden können wenn wir sie vorher genehmigen.

Das wäre mehr Arbeit für alle, also bitte bringt wieder mehr Sinn in eure Gerüchte.))
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Als du beim Schloß der Rose vorbei gehst hörst du Gerüchte über ein Schiffswrack hoch im Norden. In diesem Moment kommt ein Waldläufer zu den anderen und berichtet von einem großen Feuer in der Nähe des Strandes neben dem ein Mann kniete und zu Malachín betete.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

The fires about the Greyhaven speak many rumours, but one repeats itself.

A child possessed
Randolph Pintslayer

Post by Randolph Pintslayer »

As you walked through the Castle of the Grey Rose, in the evening, you here voices outside through a small window. It is too high, that you can't see anything, so you listen:

"I still can do what i want?"-"Of course ye can do, if you still keep training!"
"Sounds good, but i have to think about it"-"No Problem, do it and send leave me a coded message at the Town.. But keep that in secret!"
-"Yeah, of course"-"I'll see you arround here."
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Aristeaus and the Lady Quinasa, im sure it were them two...

They're returned?

Must be
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

As you walk towards the entrance of the grey rose, you notice a gathering around the wall, you walk over and can see an elf's head piked near the wall, you listen to them talk

"Did you hear about this poor soul? He annoyed some assassins and look how he turned up."
"Which ones?"
"Don't know, but he left a message carved into the stone, look! it says "The Village of the West Wind" and has those squiggly lines behind it."
"But there isn't any town or village to the west."
"I know! thats why it doesn't make sense.."

You walk into the castle and can't hear any more
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

There is a rumour that orcs are trying to get pigs to their homeland
Tanaki

Post by Tanaki »

In the bar the dwarf is talking to a man.

"You know that wee yellow lass thats been around here recently. She bought a full bottle of wine from me last night. What a state she was in, tears all over her face, and hiccuping but she wasn't drunk."

"Well she was when she fell asleep on that rug in the shop, she was stinking of wine. You shouldn't be selling that stuff to little girls."

"Pah, if the have the money let them spend it, better in my pocket."

"Your a dwarf though........"
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

After Atnes left you hear one rumour

"Julia Flashed."
Alexander von Hattingen

Post by Alexander von Hattingen »

Someone said, that he saw Alexander von Hattingen walks away to the Harbor, walking on a Ship with a Tear in his eyes and left the Isle.
Papoitsi

Post by Papoitsi »

You might hear Eltareon, in the library, talking to the patrons:

"You like the new look? Sometimes I get tired of the same arrangement."

He looks around critically and shifts a table.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Loud yells could be heard throughout Trollsbane, songs a drunk might sing and also a single word being repeated over and over again. "Alee!"
The dwarven barkeeper might tell you that one of his guests got rather agressive after consuming too much cider, male, human, not more is known.
Lapiz

Post by Lapiz »

You can see atleast a thirty arrows sit in a straight line from the lake west of Trolls Bane, to the West gates. There are two holes in the line and there is some dried blood splattered there on the ground. The arrows are black and dripping of some strange kind of black fluid..
Kamik Windslasher ~

Post by Kamik Windslasher ~ »

The words on the street of Troll's Bane speak of a demon that feeds the Pillar with the blood and life of babies not born yet.

"My dear! Have you heard the rumours?"
"Sure did, about that baby-eating-demonic-deity?"
"Don't be silly... It's a sad event to be making jokes about it. And it didn't eat the baby..."
"Well, what I heard was different... It spoke of no demon, but of a man."
"A man?"
"Indeed. Got his soul corrupted by evil. Remember that fella that followed Drav---"
"Don't say his name!!"
"Alright, sorry... well, do you remember?"
"Not very clearly. You think it was him?"
"That's what I heard... And thinking about it, I wouldn't eat the baby either. I heard it was a Windslasher."
"You silly. Even then it was a tragedy..."
Llama

Post by Llama »

A lizard and a human seem to be talking to about everyoen in town
...Oh yesss, a demon it wass; large sscary thing.. William almosst killed it
Man's voice Aye but it cheated
Lizard Ussed dark magic... ussual thing... ah well....