Garn - Thread

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nitram
Developer

Garn - Thread

Post by Nitram »

Es gibt nun eine Möglichkeit ohne jeden Kampf an Garn zu kommen (und auch ohne etwas von einem Kämpfer zu kaufen). Fröhliches Suchen und Probieren. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From now on there is a possibility to get thread without and fight (and without buying something from a fighter). Happy searching and trying. :)

Nitram
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Man baut Hanf an und rau.. knüpft es zusammen? :roll:
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

Finde es ingame heraus ;)
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

I suggested "use razor+dwarf" but Nitters informs me that that isn't it. :wink:
Shadows

Post by Shadows »

You can still kill mummys for it so I'm alright.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Aegohl wrote:I suggested "use razor+dwarf" but Nitters informs me that that isn't it. :wink:
Hallings maybe?
Faladron

Re: Garn - Thread

Post by Faladron »

Google wrote:1800 beginnt die mechanische Garnherstellung aus Wolle, die technisch schwieriger war als die mechanische Baumwollgarnherstellung.
Während 1835 noch mehr als zwei Drittel der in Deutschland verarbeiteten Wolle von Hand versponnen wurde, waren es 1846 noch 60% und 1861 weniger als 7%.

1825 erst wurde es möglich, auch Flachs mechanisch zu Garnen zu verspinnen.

1839 gelang es dem Franzosen A. Payen erstmalig aus Holz Zellulose zu isolieren. Wichtigster nächster Schritt zur Vorraussetzung der Erzeugung künstlicher Fasern war nun, ein Verfahren zu finden, Zellulose, den Grundstoff der Pflanzenfasern, in eine verspinnbare Lösung zu bringen.

1842 zeigte Louis Schwabe in Manchester gewebte Stoffe aus Glasfäden, die durch Ausziehen einer Glasschmelze durch feinste Öffnungen gewonnen wurden - es war die erste Anwendung einer Spinndüse.
Und da ich mich sonst in der Garnherstellung nicht auskenne, keine Lust habe mich weiter in die Materie einzulesen, und nicht glaube dass eine der oben genannten technischen Möglichkeiten in Frage kommen, wäre ich für Hinweise sehr dankbar.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Mummy entrails are still a way. But their are some hinds for the new way hidden IG.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mummien Innerein sind noch immer ein Weg. Aber es gibt Hinweise auf den neuen Weg im Spiel.

Nitram
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

I will smoke a pipe of sibanac over your cryptic messages Nitram, maybe that'll enlighten me..
Llama

Post by Llama »

Small complaint > The only way a new fighter can get money is either through selling thread, or through getting meat (which is too easy to get anyway) or go hunting bandits for clothes.

So please either remove this 'easier way' or whoever finds out keeps it a secret so HE can become rich...
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Have a smoke of Sibanac aswell Hadrien, it won't make you rich I guarantee you.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

all new fighters struggle to make money, secrets are in game matter and i know a 5X more profitable way to make money with basic fighting skills.
:roll:
Please remove this way and undo all your hard work returning to a truly stupid way were most of our clothes were made by wearing the rotting guts of dead humans made into thread :roll:

Sorry but your request to remove it just to keep an advantage with unimaginative fighers annoyed me, perhaps you are not aware of the amount of work to make even a seemingly small change like this. More over the fact that a tailor no longer has to learn to fight is far preferable in my opinion
Brian
Llama

Post by Llama »

Feel free to tell us

And they aren't human, they're lizard.. ask markous ;)
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

well actually what you do is instead of selling your thread and meat you turn leather and thread into shoes, there by leeching off the tailoring skill. New tailors cant kill mummies so why sell your thread for 3 coins when you could do that.
There are many other ways to but this was one that clearly illastrated the need to remove combat from tailoring, as the tailors were losing out big time.
Brian
Last edited by Pendar on Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

This is illarion, not a game where you just do things for money.

Do you immagine Pendar sewing shoes? or a paladin hunting piggies...?
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Yes...
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

Thats right hadrian i forget my roleplay is utter crap 8).
I actually imagine pendar doing what ever he can to afford the next blade or healing potion, because his is a survivor with suffiecent dexterity to craft.
So if your fighter is to proud to craft then he shall starve or fight with a club or work a lot harder than pendar, but hey at least you play the game better than me.
This is illarion
and who made you an expert?

The fact remains that a non combat way to get thread is a logical step and one that is long over due, that simple in my eyes
Brian
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

It would've been enough to let sheep or pigs drop innards though, but I also agree with this new way of 100% natural thread aswell.

Mhh.. sibanac..
Llama

Post by Llama »

...or a vegetarian elf
...or a paladin-in-training

Didn't mean to attack your roleplay.. but i remembered the same tip in one of those hack n slash games....

No offence meant.

Adrian
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

I never take offence over a forum not am i sensitive around criticism or my rp :) so no hard feelings
It is just a bad habit we have as players, when salathe can smith and fight he is to be frowned on for example.
This is illarion
Illarion is a graphical role-playing game,
As long as your role-playing enjoy the client features build skilled characters, we all have a skill cap now so you cant really PG. Unless you do something truly stupid.
It is my belief the devs built the client to be enjoyed and if wanting a fighter smith and that means you play 2 hours more a day. We are all happy....
In the same manner if i can make the 200 coins i need for potions or a double axe in 15 minutes and get back to role-playing sooner, damn straight im doing it. To often we who choose to spend 3 hours in a single rp "scene" try and victimize those who play the game or do not do it as we think it should be done.
Brian
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Small complaint > The only way a new fighter can get money is either through selling thread [...]
Hadrian_Abela wrote:This is illarion, not a game where you just do things for money.
Erm...

A new proposal: We should try out all changes for some days/weeks/months before we start blame them and say, that they have to be removed.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Argh.. pwned

What I meant was... if a person wants to becoem JUST a fighter, let him.. if his role in life is to be a fighter, why should he have to sew in order to live? Let him fight.

Oh and thank you for pointing out the Paradox
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Might fighting character is poor as hell, he avoids buying his own equipment when possible, he has been fighting with a viking helm for months because he can't affoard a new full helm.
Galim

Post by Galim »

Um, you should try to sell the items you find by the npc. swords, daggers, shields, trousers, shirts, hats, shoes, maces, platemails.

There are many npc who buy these items.

Well, I think fighters are meant to be poorer than others. the traders ae the rich folk, the fighters the poor. but for that the fighters could beat up the rich guys ;)
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Bye Galim!
A good way to get money if you are a fighter is to go to the mummies tomb, kill a few and take the entrails and daggers then go to the skeletons and get some advanced shields, The orc in varshikar buys the daggers for 10 copper each and Eliza buys the shields for 7-15 copper each.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

There is no more orc in Varshikar. There is a human now, but he does not buy the mummy daggers no more.
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

I sold some to him today... I had 4 and got 40 copper from him.
Galim

Post by Galim »

He buys them. they are called cheap daggers
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

Sayonara Galim-san!

I tried buying thread yesterday with my char Lili Namui, and there is none left in Trollsbane. I did manage to buy some throwing spears for her, have her throw them all at one pig, then beat the pig with her bare hands until she got bored... Then I had her buy a fishing rod and go fishing. That reminds me, the halfling near the fields south of Trollsbane doesn't buy fish anymore...