Saving the Shadow horde topic

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

after what happened to gishmels attempt to take the city(im glad you all THINK he is the master mind...)it's nice people say that they should expect to lose the town from another threat evan thoe people helped the dwarves befor.

gishmel got a key so what do you mean?
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Just regarding your statement there:

I'm pretty sure it's all Gishmels fault, plan, whatever and so is my dwarf char because he introduced towards him as King Gishmel, so you shouldn't complain about everyone thinking it's your fault (I don't know if you actualy did, just tried to point this out).
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

lol, who made gishmel citizen and gave him a key???
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

maby sombody appointed someone as a king like the 9 or 10 other people involved, just an idea.

grr... no one made him a citizen, one he was with kill a citizen that had a key and gave it to gishmel.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

sure sure <_<
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

really i got proof a gm new this happened....witch i may add my friend got banned for killing the dwarf she didnt know english but her companion did and was told to translate or theyd be killed, he said somthing in "the old language" but the dwarfs failer to listen got them killed. now im done posting here pm me if it is directed at me please.((cant help but get off topic sorry))
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Even a Dwaven society of miner/smiths would have a defender class. If they are defense-minded enough to create a locked door and blockade themselves they should have rped a guard sect. I mean most other towns have guards. Better hire some Mercenaries then I suppose.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Oh you're talking about the dwarfess who -as she told me- got killed three or four times by you? I do not know if that's realy true, though if it is that's kind of poor from your side aswell.
Errian Abêth

Post by Errian Abêth »

FACT - Some who have skill simply do not deserve it.
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

she lied and

Errian..wow
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Fact The first and most important skill of any player should be Role play if they can do that I dont care what skills they have, personally.
Agreement
Brian
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

FACT-That's what Darren basically said. He never said character skills came before RP, only that they can help supplement it.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Aristeaus wrote: FACT - Those who have skill should not be criticised for having skill
The last few posts are what I am getting at. No one in this post, including myself said that people with skill should be criticized. But those 10 year olds who lack RP, PK, use OOC, gulp potions, etc. who are currently causing havoc everywhere and disrupting the bigger picture- is a problem
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

So tehy should go #me downs a potion and reaches for another
Liles

Post by Liles »

Even then it's bad rp...

Having 4 people hacking at you and then you lower your sword, pick out a potion and drink it...You'd be dead before you could even lower your gaurd.
Jon Childs
Location: Location not edited since 5/12/05-Join me in my quest for locations that are overly long and dated

Post by Jon Childs »

Okay, you have a one-handed sword and are swinging and you have an open potion vial in the other hand, But then you would probably die being hacked from 4 different directions
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

well and also this isent an easy topic to debate about when being attacked by 4 sides for a normal person is certain death reguardless of the situation.
Jon Childs

Post by Jon Childs »

Yes, But when you have four unskilled players attacing you, and youn strike them down in a hit, you win
Gabon Corad

Post by Gabon Corad »

FACT- i havent trained on Gabon since the war with the liches started.

FACT- Gabon didnt get his skill over a week. It took me the whole of the six months to get him there

FACT- I dont play illar everyday. I get IG about two to three times a week. All during the weekend (including friday)

Sorry that the orcs have more numbers and are stronger and more active but if you didnt want war then why threaten a worrior you said could anilate you anyway ( maby the was suppost to be only ooc talk, maby Ghord thinks hes strong?) ? just a thought?

What ever the reason all this talk of orcs being bad Rpers because were strong is crap and all of you know it. What about Pendar, Salathe, Berengar, and a few other. no offince to any of these players because thats your job, worriors (well in Sal's case being a super fighter and smith is kinda strange but who really cares :lol: ). As a worrior race you expect us to be strong, were born for combat, its just our nature just as dwarves are born and expected to be craftsman. Its all done for fun please no one forget that.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

just to say it,Gishmel had gotten a key from another dwarf,so that aint bad RP.
Jacob
Location: The northern forest with his flute and his thoughts

Post by Jacob »

Mmh, actually contrary to the uninformed opinions we didn't cheat to get into silverbrand. Jacob simply went down there to find the gates opened and Durin talking with Laurin. He invited himself in and when Laurin left attacked and slew Durin. Thereby he took the key from the body of the slain dwarf council member and even then i wouldn't roleplay having the key til I was certain a dwarf with a key, (one that would open and close the door), came, that one being Tirana.

So yes, it required a lot more roleplay then when the town's army grabbed a random dwarf to open the silverbrand gates to get to fight.
Liles

Post by Liles »

How he got it may have been, let me set the scene

Good rp :D

Gishmel: Give me the key!
Gishmel pushes the dagger further up and nearer to her neck, almost drawing blood
Gishmel: Give me the damn key or I'll take it from ye!

Bad Rp :cry:

Gishmel: There!
Gishmel attacks the dwarf
Gishmel opens the door with a key
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

wow couldent have been more wrong lol

if you would read you would see i said a companion killed the dwarf.

oh i overread jacobs reply lol wow liles you look bad...
Liles

Post by Liles »

I used your name as it is spelled easily and I know your char was involved.

Just a hypo thing.
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

besides the fact i said gishmel was involved...
Liles

Post by Liles »

Sorry 'bout the flamming...Testing my new mech with duel flame throwers I bought off ebay
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

thanks for the pointless post that makes sense....
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

You know what i think? I think that the dwarves should get no help wahtsoever because Silverbrand is a dwarf city and the orcs are going to war with the dwarves not the humans and elves. They dug themselves into a hole (literally ) and must get out of it all on thier own. Don't babysit your dwarf freinds all the time.

Aenur the elf
This topic shows a gross and frankly unsettling incidence of mixing OOC and IC.
Pendar Fayed wrote: These matters should remain firmly in game...
This topic has become so spam and flame infested, it has no actual use.

-Locked-