Saving the Shadow horde topic

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Have Fooser stand outside the gate and shout things day and night, theyll surrender fast.
Naspad
Location: Looking into middle-distance with a gormless look on his face.

Post by Naspad »

Hide and then maby the dwarfs will live for a few minutes longer :lol:
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The dwarves probably should get GM help, because they arent skill obsessed, and unlike half of the shadowhorde, they know what the concept of roleplay is.
Naspad

Post by Naspad »

thats not true, actually none of your sentence is true to be honest. If they are fighters they train fighting and act as orcs really would so infact that is brilliant roleplay.
you should really stop flaming orc characters just because they could beat Fooser up. Anyway there are plenty of people that train skills (sound wierd to you?).

Aenur the elf
Last edited by Naspad on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Actually many of the orcs have pretty basic skills, just to be honest. Also being skilled does not make one skill obsessed Gabon and Alkurg two skilled orcs have been around about the same time as Pendar.
I like skills does the fact i may use those skills mean the Gms should protect people from me?
Brian
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Though bear in mind that brains might conquer muscles if used wisely...
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Another dilemma of the wipe being felt months later, many of the Silverbrand dwarves were strong, or at least RPed the part really well, they had the Clan of the Axe, etc. Now all of a sudden they can die within a few seconds?
Naspad

Post by Naspad »

The Bloodskull clan died out fast as well but I was under the impression that Gishmel was the leader of that second dwarf thing you mention, unless i was misinformed..
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

The wipe was some 6 months ago,
It is not like all the orcs are super strong and if in that time clan of axe has not skilled there characters. Then they have either gone on to play other characters, stopped playing illa etc etc.
By that logic we should give John Irenicus his old skills back so he can return to the isle and sort this all out?
I feel the game has had time to level out it is not as if the orcs PGED for a month and attacked silverbrand before most of us had armor.
Brian

Edit:
That would be a bit easy and cheap to open massive dwarven gates which they got by irmorom self, dont you think
?

I didnt post that my characters are neither an attacker or defender yet, i dont play a dwarf or orc. If i was in either role i would make a fitting plan IC
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

So everything is now determined by who made their words more blue while everyone else RPed, excellent
amorax_kaka

Post by amorax_kaka »

Pendar wrote: I feel the game has had time to level out it is not as if the orcs PGED for a month and attacked silverbrand before most of us had armor.
Brian

ummm, I thought you couldn't PG?
Naspad

Post by Naspad »

All he is saying is that nobody should whine that the orcs are good fighters because guess waht, everyone has time to become a good fighter
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

But it also suck if we keep them trapped all the time and we never can see a result...
Ever heard of siege? it dont have to be "uck, there gate, lets go *walk, slash, gate breaks* die *slash, dwarf breaks*. We are not Dungeon Keeper ;)

It would be more a siege. The orcs camp outside and the dwarves inside and one side waits until the other one give up. or they try it from time to time with brutal force. but it would not be a thing of one fight.
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

Skills are part of this game a needed part of RP actually or else we would all be super powerful.
The dwarfs who have been active I can tell you have more than enough blue to go around. In 6 months if you have not found time to rp and gain some skills then you really should not be a guard or a defender but a peaceful farmer/miner type. Unfortunately peaceful farmer miner types are easily conquered by raging orcs.
Let me break it down further if you rped a few times a week and took the five minutes it needs to cap you would be as blue as most of the orcs many of which might i add ar rather new characters, some even new players.
Also I cannot believe players should be penalized for spending time in the game and for having played the game and gained skills. Which is in essence what you suggest?
Brian
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

In 6 months if you have not found time to rp and gain some skills then you really should not be a guard but or a defender but a peaceful farmer/miner type. Unfortunately peaceful farmer miner types are easily conquered by raging orcs.
Thats the problem, Brian. the dwarves we have belong mostly to the miner types who dont invest time into fighttraining. Since Ghorn exists i invested all my time into his mining and smithing, and i can just make the first full helmet. my only fightskills i have i got from a roleplay situation where we walked around the graveyeard in a big group.

Mining and smithing is so difficult that you have no time to invest into fighting too.

Our fighting chars vanished. the only one left is Belegi, and that char is as good as inaktive too.

Gabon and Alkuurg are one of the strongest chars. all active silverbrand citizens together couldn't defeat one of the two.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Pendar wrote:Skills are part of this game a needed part of RP actually or else we would all be super powerful.
Not really
Pendar wrote: In 6 months if you have not found time to rp and gain some skills then you really should not be a guard or a defender but a peaceful farmer/miner type. Unfortunately peaceful farmer miner types are easily conquered by raging orcs.
So now the amount of time/ambition one has for skill gaining should also determine their exact job? lol
Pendar wrote: Also I cannot believe players should be penalized for spending time in the game and for having played the game and gained skills. Which is in essence what you suggest?
They shouldn't be penalized for not going beyond the ambition to gain skill to bigger and better things. Or for not having a ton of time. But of course, if you can't play for more than an hour per day, just be a farmer right?
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

If the dwarves don't train a little, then you should expect to lose. It's not unfair. It doesn't help that Silverbrand is primarily a german IG community, which discourages english speakers from joining.

Edit: Fooser, I hardly ever play my orc and he has moderate skills. Overall, I've played less than a few MINUTES per day the character has been in existance. You only need to log in for a little while each day to hit the cap, then you go do whatever you want. Slaughter pigs and consume their delicious meat, sleep, pick your nose, whatever.
Last edited by Dónal Mason on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

the SH and SB People should maybe all sitg togheter once and talk about how to manage, that the thing can be a bit more interesting.
Lol, you want dwarves and orcs to sit together and discuss their problems? LOOOOOL

Pendar, gabon and alkuurg are strong enough that not even moderate skilled dwarves would have a chance. i am the po of Kl'urk, i know how strong the two are ;). we would needed too at least two chars of their skillstrength. and we have even problem to get 2 active dwarves the same time ingame, lol.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Everyone can stop bitching. Especially you, Fooser. These forums are not here just for you to whine about your concerns about some orc players. PM a GM if you care so much.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

You're one to talk Donal, WAAAAH THIS GAME SUCKS, WAAAH DEVS AND GMS ARE EVIL, WAAAAH
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

Skills are part of this game a needed part of RP actually or else we would all be super powerful.
To clarify we would have a graphical chat and free form rp in the instance of a fight breaking out sorting out who was in charge would be impossible. As would who could smith better armor etc etc,
So skills server there purpose and have a real reflection on game...
So now the amount of time/ambition one has for skill gaining should also determine their exact job? lol
If you choose to read it that way you are choosing to be to literal. I have a guard who has no skills or at least minimal he would be the last person to moan if he lost a fight or failed to defend something. You cannot have low skills and then complain its unfair if bigger characters beat you in a phsyical confrontation.
You cant be clan of axe and not be able to fight, i stand by that.
if you can't play for more than an hour per day, just be a farmer right?
I know of some people who play around that and have reasonable skills i also have many secondary characters I have managed to skill with no real effort on my part. How ever if most of a towns player base is only active for very small amount of times perhaps it is time that it changes hands so it can be brought into the game more by more active players. Do you not think?

Basically fooser your are saying because one group has skills and one group does not the gms should step in? I would not find that very satisfying which ever side i was on.
Brian

P.s I have no real idea of the activity of players in silverbrand I do not watch the online list, make graphs and attempt through allogorythms to work out who I can beat in PVP....erm not very often any way.

I am going to edit this to adress something I have purposefully tried to stay away from stateing what Pendar would or would not do etc. We will adress that in game, how ever if you have weak people set upon by horrible orcs I am sure the island will help you. I have purely been speaking from a "out side" view... I can sympathise with your problem Ghorn i myself know how hard it is to run anything in Illarion.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Oh my what a pointless topic..

Ok skill etc

FACT - Skill is needed, but so is roleplay. You shall allways have players who play mainly for the skill and others who spend thier time in role play.

FACT - Aris was once one of the stronger fighters on the isle.

FACT - Aris no longer has skill

FACT - It has caused no problems

FACT - There are many characters with skill who are willing to aid those who do not have skill, be it through manipulation or payment.

FACT - Those who have skill invest more time into the game than those that dont in many cases, and this investment which has been used of thier own time has paid of for them in the skill area.

FACT - Skills do not make a character, they aid a character.

FACT - If the dwarfs have none who can fight they can come up with a roleplay defence of the town which will aid them somewhat, i have had plenty/ They can enlist the aid of those who have skill.

FACT - In any game, be it a roleplay or other you gain skill through training, be it pen & paper or runescape.

FACT - Those who have skill should not be criticised for having skill

FACT - I can go on for ever, alot of this is nonsense
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Some of those should actually say "Opinion" not "Fact"
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

My opinion to me is a fact to me :P

Your opinion may be different to you Foosey but to you its a fact :P
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

sorry this wasnt cleared yp but gishmel got his key from a dead dwarf that had one.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Not that this matters anyways, because the server is now the best defense the dwarves have :wink:
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Fooser your wrong im afraid, what you dont know is that Shivoc plays an orc, and has made the server orc access only for this night, so they can get into position.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

Which dead dwarf? because just citizen got keys ;). so you need an excisting citizen who died, and you should have roleplayed the key getting when he died, and not month after it happened
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

well the dwarf opened the gate so of corse we auusem they ha da key that was proper correct, that dwarves companion said he didnt thoe. i rped it then. we waited outside of the gates for a citizen. i didnt open the gates evan thoe i was playing a dwarf charictor.
Last edited by Gishmel on Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

Gishmel, if the dwarf was not on the citizen list he got no key and so he opened the gate without proper rp possibility too ;)