Saving the Shadow horde topic

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Faladron

Saving the Shadow horde topic

Post by Faladron »

Argueing about the upcoming orc- dwarf war, here please!
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

The orcs will obviously win. How many people play dwarves now? We have NUMBERS on our side.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

Donal is right. Since many weeks me and po fjalara worked on reforms and ways to bring back live into silverbrand. but with the attack and maybe conquer of silverbrand everything could be destroyed now *sighs*
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

IMHO this whole war wouldn't have started if Silberbrand would have had a stricter policy on which dwarves get a key for their gate.

It's still a miracle to me how a stranger or not respected dwarf like Gishmel could open the gates and ambush the city like that.
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

There isn't a key, per sé. It's a techincal ability that all dwarven character's have. However, it is roleplayed that there is a key, given to some dwarves only. People seem to abuse this however, by gaining access to Silberbrand willy-nilly.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Japheth wrote:There isn't a key, per sé. It's a techincal ability that all dwarven character's have. However, it is roleplayed that there is a key, given to some dwarves only. People seem to abuse this however, by gaining access to Silberbrand willy-nilly.
That's exactly the thing I tried to point out in my flowery way of speech. Thanks for making it clear though.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

because every dwarf can open the gates. since the beginning of silverbrand we roleplayed that you need a key, but therew were ever players of dwarves who ignored that and opened the gate without such a key, or the proper roleplay. we cant do much, and the gms aren't against it. silverbrand is open for everyone who has a dwarf as help.

Well, and the key thing got forgotten more and more with the help of dwarves like po durin who simply ignored it *sighs*
Gromblun

Post by Gromblun »

To save countless Dwarf lives, hand Silverbrand over to our great chief Gabon
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

the dwarves would prefer to die :P
Llama

Post by Llama »

If the dwarves ask the peoples of Gobaith for help... I'm sure there are many orc-haters around. SO RP getting a dwarf to run to the group of people, post in the RP board for help, (oh and tell us when so we can be online at the time), and lets have some fun.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Uhm.. I don't think it'd be a good idea to "invent" such artificial solutions like that.

Besides, dwarves are one of the proudest races around so they'll hardly beg for help if in trouble. (swap proud for stubborn if prefered)
Liles

Post by Liles »

The dwarf don't know yet, only on the shadow horde board.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

i'm sure the Orcs can make them slightly less stubborn. A few heads on poles and they'll be begging for help
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Or the dwarfs could turn the sign pointing to silverbrand to another direction, in which case the orcs would never get there :p
Llama

Post by Llama »

What about to off a large cliff?

Or else get the dwarves wearing stilts; that'll stop em...

> WIthout help, silverbrand will be 'destroyed'... and then they'll be a nice siege against orcs for example.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Actually no.. if the gate controll would be roleplayed properly, SB could hold out an invasion for quite a long time.. those walls sure are strong you know.
Liles

Post by Liles »

Also with archers they can fire over and kill them before they even reach the gates...I feel a plan going on...
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

The dwarf don't know yet, only on the shadow horde board.
Sorry liles, but gabon threaten and declared war in the public area of the rpg forum ;). so its no secret, hehe.
Liles

Post by Liles »

Oh...You'd better ask for me and my crossbow, might come in handy...Wink wink nudge nudge.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

These matters should remain firmly in game...
We all need to remember this is an role playing game and not a creative writing exercise that we then act out in game.
Basically if the orcs can take silverbrand all power to them, perhaps the dwarfs will have to go and live in the skull cave or take refuge in the grey rose castle or what ever.
Silverbrand came into the new server with a few advantages the only secure town on the island, ore and smithing facilities only a stone throw away and first access to smithing tools. I do not even know what the trader inside silver brand sells. Simply as I have never been invited to silver brand or given acess to it, no problem 8)

There is a fine line between keeping a game "fair" and friendly and railroading game play into graphical chat with a small PVP part. Let us not forget the spirit of Illarion a player run economy and political system full of betrayal and upheaval that we play for the joy of RP not the desire to win.
So if the orcs choose to take silverbrand I wish both sides every success and a lot of fun, cause that is what it is about even the adversity of dwarfs being cast from there home can be made into wonderful RP and fun.
As I have had the pleasure of rping with some of the orcs and some of the dwarfs and know both parties are great players who I often enjoy the out come should be a wonderful twist in the history of Illarion which ever way things go.
I would only ask all players to remain courteous and cognizant of there own characters rp if you hate dwarfs make sure you hate orcs more if you go to silverbrands aid, and by the same token if you hate orcs don’t take there side just for the “glory” or fun of what may occur.
Simple eh
Brian
Naspad
Location: Looking into middle-distance with a gormless look on his face.

Post by Naspad »

You know what i think? I think that the dwarves should get no help wahtsoever because Silverbrand is a dwarf city and the orcs are going to war with the dwarves not the humans and elves. They dug themselves into a hole (literally :D ) and must get out of it all on thier own. Don't babysit your dwarf freinds all the time.

Aenur the elf
Last edited by Naspad on Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

Silverbrand came into the new server with a few advantages the only secure town on the island, ore and smithing facilities only a stone throw away and first access to smithing tools. I do not even know what the trader inside silver brand sells. Simply as I have never been invited to silver brand or given acess to it, no problem
Good for the orcs, because silverbrand has not the manpower to have any chance. and the few dwarves weren't dwarves who put all their time into fighttraining.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

I didn't create this topic for explicit tactical conferences or discussions about this issue, but mainly to keep the guild thread of the shadow horde ooc-free before it would've gotten out of hand.

As Pendar said we shouldn't craft our RP here on this board but rather in-game or through the RP board.

Talk about it generally but don't form alliances or say your character will help either side for this is not the right place to do so and furthermore it's unfair against the other party if they can see resistance building up OOC against them.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

well, back to topic. i don't want any gm help or gm interference in this matter. no summoned monster hoard for the orcs like when they got before, now pushing anything or open gates so the others have a better chance, and so on ;)
Last edited by Ghorn on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

We have all had the same access to the server yes some people have more time to train. How ever that is the evil of Illarion skill system and online games.
Basically we as players or i would hope Gms cannot show silverbrand favoritism in this matter. If a town has become weak it will fall and unfortunately silverbrand is a very desirable town. Chances are you will find many warriors come to help if not you will have some interesting new rp after the loss of the town.
Brian

Edit
Or the orcs of course no side should have any out side intervention it should be fair and rped in game.
Last edited by Pendar on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

Ghorn wrote:well, back to topic. i wont any gm help or gm interference in this matter. no summoned monster hoard for the orcs like when they got before, now pushing anything or open gates so the others have a better chance, and so on ;)
But if the Orcs did take over Silverbrand, the doors would have to be torn down or something. Don't want some Dwarf locking all the Shadowhorde in their own city for a week.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

if silverbrand falls the gms can dissable the gates so that they cant be closed anymore by dwarves
Llama

Post by Llama »

I think you will need a GM, how are you going to get through the gate? At least get a GM invisable dwarf to OPEN the gate when an orc #me's hitting it with a battering ram or something, otherwise its going to be a loooong siege for nothing.
Ghorn

Post by Ghorn »

At least get a GM invisable dwarf to OPEN the gate when an orc #me's hitting it with a battering ram or something, otherwise its going to be a loooong siege for nothing.
That would be a bit easy and cheap to open massive dwarven gates which they got by irmorom self, dont you think?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Better than waiting for a N00b to come by to open the gates by mistake

[*kill kill slash slash*]
((hello i'm new, where is silverbrand?))
((in there))
[*person opens the door*]
((mwahahaha))

OK maybe a longer fight, but you'll need either GM intervention, or someone to open the door OOC.