Current Quest

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Salathe

Post by Salathe »

i loved the trial =D even though i still have no idea what was going on. Make sure im there to be a lawyer for a second one ;D
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

..but Salathe... you're the accused!
amorax_kaka

Post by amorax_kaka »

I think this quest rules and all, but I think, and I think some other weaker players might agree with me, that if your weak, you're pretty much left out of the quest, really, there's nothing the weaker players can do except sit on the sidelines and give everyone a pat on the back.

please don't flame me.
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Post by Tinuva Geogroda »

but yes they log off and when i get killed i dont log off your char cant dissapear in a fight isn't
Ariges Feringwood

Post by Ariges Feringwood »

Jacob wrote:Current problem with the quest is the habit of 'evil' characters such as Adriges and Murack who log off when their character is going to be killed. Jacob is a spy for Pendar Fayed, so he is trying to kill off the lichs to clear his name and be able to come back to his side of good fellows. But he of course cannot do this when the characters he attacks log off during fights.
Here are examples..
Jacob Kent (w): I do not need you any longer ariges ... I have seen you flee when combat approaches.

Ariges Feringwood (w): hm....

Jacob Kent (w): You need warriors to keep you and your necromancer safe.

Ariges Feringwood (w): i know... but you will see what happend in the night

Jacob Kent (w): Ariges, I will not let you last the night..

Jacob Kent (w): Make your choice now ariges, if you want to stay alive join me. You know Drahken does not need you and you know Dravish would sooner see you dead.

Ariges Feringwood (w): hm...

Ariges Feringwood (w): you would to kill me?

Jacob Kent (w): If you did not accept my offer ... yes.

Ariges Feringwood laughs.

Ariges Feringwood (w): this conversation is now ended...

Ariges Feringwood waves his hand.
And..
acob Kent: On these holy tiles and with any luck send a message to Ariges that murdering people like Caitlin will not be tolerated, not even by his soldiers.

Jacob Kent approaches Murack, his sword going to impale the man.

Jacob Kent: ((you will be attacked))

Jacob Kent lunges.

Jacob Kent: ...

Murack von Wolfsblut: ((wait pls))

Jacob Kent: ((k))

Murack von Wolfsblut: ((a long text is comming ;) ))

Jacob Kent: ((k))

Jacob Kent 's distant grey eyes look coldly at the wounded and bleeding Murack.

Jacob Kent with his free hand takes a black blade from its sheath around his waist, he now wields to weapons.

Murack von Wolfsblut 's eyes glowing green "oh no, you sword didnt kill me", he make a little gesture and he dissaperance in a smog (right so?)).
You can clearly see this is logging off during a fight which is against the rules. WHen I asked Murack why he would log off during afight he said he did not want his character to lose skills as he would die 20 times aday. But I think that is tough, if you want to play a weak bad guy you will have suffer with everyone else.
Why should I leave my character logged on to face inevitable death with these skeleton onslaughts when our "rolemodels" the ones who have quest characters log off to avoid it?
Now if there was of course roleplay reason to believe necromancers could disappear with a wave of a hand, or in a cloud of smog maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But Necromancers are those who control the dead, not escapeartists. I believe Konstantin and Bloodhearte got into trouble for doing this. So it really does not make sense for us as players to play in this quest when we cannot do anything but act defensively and wait til someone who has GM connections-quest leader decides to do something.

I look forward to replies.
The problem is that i can only spell when a GM is online! And when one is
online i can teleport.... and when i can teleport when a GM is online i can
teleport when i´m alone , its simple and easy...
I think thats not ok , but he can do it , and this is the only way that he
can show you that he can spell and teleport (sorry for my bad englsih :? :? )
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

What Ariges says is that he can teleport when there is a GM to aid him, hence his char has the ability to teleport and uses this ability in all circumstances even when a GM is not online.

It is a roleplay game, and if the GM's give him this ability i see no reason for him not to do it.

In a different perspective. With power comes responsibility and the chars which have these given abilites should use thier judgement to make thier roleplay fair for all.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

But, is "I am in a quest" really an excuse for rule breaking? If so, where do you draw the line?
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I dont realy mind aslong as the roleplay is good and it doesent get TO bad like: Ariges: I am Ariges *Stares at Kevin*
Kevin Lightdot explodes
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

I agree Fooser, the only fact which holds is that if the GM's teleport the char Ariges, and secify to him that his char is the one whom can do it, not an occurace because he has received aid. It would not make sense for him not to be carry on doing the task.

So the question at hand is, can Ariges teleport, or was he aided by a entity of unholy orgin at the time, which means he can not teleport.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

I wonder if the gm's actually picked which characters actually became lichs or if it was just who ever turned to the dark side. My character, a very well known priestess threw a bottle of holy water at a lich, yes holy water blessed by the gods and ran off, expecting for the lich to either,
1, Die,
2, get hurt,
or,
3, chase her,

Instead he ignored her and continued his f***king conversation as if nothing happened! There is no point in playing if there is no responce.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Moathia wrote:I wonder if the gm's actually picked which characters actually became lichs or if it was just who ever turned to the dark side. My character, a very well known priestess threw a bottle of holy water at a lich, yes holy water blessed by the gods and ran off, expecting for the lich to either,
1, Die,
2, get hurt,
or,
3, chase her,

Instead he ignored her and continued his f***king conversation as if nothing happened! There is no point in playing if there is no responce.
Or he was a really powerfull lich, because ordinary blessed water is easily warded against.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

In which case it should have ended in possibility 3.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Maybe the water had such a weak effect on the lich, that it simply did not care.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

She still walked into the library with an armed guard and it and the human it was talking to didn't even move.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Not everyone knows how 'great' your character is. None of my characters have even met her, or would care who she is anyway. Why should the lich pay attention to some random elf?
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

With an armed guard throwing holy water, something that is supposed to at least effect the undead in someway.
Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Post by Jori »

The fact is that it's bad rp to just ignore someone else RPing at you. I must say if I was a lich and some elf threw holy water at me I would definitly notice it. Maybe I was just powerful enough that It didnt hurt at all. But any lich would still NOTICE it at least.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

*tosses a burning axehandle at an elf*

Elf frollics around with his puppy

Kevin Lightdot: ((bad rp!!!!! ^^))
Athian

Post by Athian »

there's a major difference in the form of rp going on. true you don't have to respond to #me actions like #me chops your head off. becuase it's an unfair process in which the other player doesn't get a chance for a response. however in the case of #me swings an axe at your head proper response would be to duck or dodge or anything.
In the case of any quest involved players, especially in this case on the bad side, responding to other players is more a must then anything. after all there would be no point to the whole quest idea if that were the case. it doesn't have to be about Moathia's character being 'great'. Caitlin Fergus presented plenty of little miricale throughout this quest, is there some reason her rp should be responded to while others aren't? i really don't think so.
whats the the reacting players hands is the level of reaction given. he or she doesn't have to burst into flames, but in any case of someone doing something in a phyiscal manner to you even a mild gesture would make sense. the lich in question could have for instance, looked at her waved his hand dismissively as if the holy water didn't matter and went back to there conversation. at least thats something. coming up with rediculous after the fact reasons for why there was absolutely no response, is frankly completely rediculous. my two cents
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

In this case i give the only excuse i can.

When playing IG there are so many messages you can not see them all.
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

And when twenty players are throwing their special unique emotes at you, it's hard to react to them all.
Athian

Post by Athian »

#me shakes the bottle and throws it.

nuff said.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

And no, we didn't pick the liches beforehand. This game is not only for people in our personal group of friends.
Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Post by Jori »

Japheth wrote:And when twenty players are throwing their special unique emotes at you, it's hard to react to them all.
Well I suppose that's a good excuse. If they jsut would have said that in the first place... No offense meant of course if there's a good reason.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

It would be a good excuse if there had been more than four people in the room all speaking, and I had not waited untill the lich had acknowledge my preseance in English before I threw it.
Jori

Post by Jori »

Ah well everyone makes mistakes once in a while. I doubt it would happen again since whoever the lich was is a good roleplayer otherwise they wouldnt have access to a lich. Just an accident.
amorax_kaka

Post by amorax_kaka »

about the quest and the conversation between Dravish and several others this night.

The quest is great but could you please not send so many skeletons, it is kind of hard for new players like me to give them a whooping and also...

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing during the conversation this night, it just felt so cheesy, no offence.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

The quest is great but could you please not send so many skeletons
I also played unskilled characters run...hide, help by using tactics and getting behind a better warrior.
not directly behind or i will kill you when i need to retreate, behind one space left or right please.
I dont mean to pounce on you, my main point is this quest is about a skeleton invasion and facing impossible odds.
Let you character expierence fear and dont charge into certain death all the time?
Brian
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I think its about time for the beggining of the end of this war.
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Post by Tinuva Geogroda »

yes i play unskilled chars too, they are still alive :D whit my fast reaction they never die 8)