The Skellatons

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kevin Lightdot

The Skellatons

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I talked to one for a while.

The way he spoke and explained about why they are helping the ones that truely want to destroy us.

And his words make sense.
The graveyard is their home and we invade it and "kill" them again and again.

If we cold make an agreement with them the war might end.

But i am smart enough to know that there are those stupid enough to just figt on if they can end the war another way with less death and pain.

So why dont we make an agreement with them?
Without them our true enemy will be alot weaker.

It may be wierd but it sounds true.

Signed:
Kevin Lightdot
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

Whilst anything to shorten the war would be welcome and anything is worth trying a few things should be pointed out.
Necromancers.
Liches.
These are, for want of a better term, 'people' who are well versed in magic.
Necromancers use dark magics to summon and control the dead. Giving unlife to the unwilling corpses which become thier servants. It is unlikely an agreement made with a skeleton would hold for long under the influence of a necromancer.
Liches are the undead incarnations of mages powerful enough to cheat death. I doubt the will of a skeleton would prevail against one such as these.
But, desperate times and all that. Give it a try. But please forgive us all for being exceptionally wary and not laying down our arms just yet.

Jeremy Willowbrook
Head of The Varshikar Magery Academy
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

As Jeremy says anything to shorten a war.
How ever when you look at the deaths and destruction layed around us, allowing our enemy to retreat regroup and strike us another day would be folly in my eyes.
I do not see how we can make peace with anything while ariges and who knows how many lichs walk our lands.
Pendar Fayed
Sir Giandor

Post by Sir Giandor »

Well Kevin,
I saw you talking... without using your lips.

The agrement was made!

The town is free. Now all leaders should follow the decision we ahve made.

~Sir J. Giandor~
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

All leaders should follow the agreement you have made?
There by you become the leaders?
I do not intend to sound stupid, yet there is a chain of command for a reason. Any one who believes this peace will last while demonic creatures walk our lands is a being easily fooled i think.
I no longer lead anything accept our defence and as i am able the war effort. Yet i would not so easily believe one skeleton speaks for an entire demon army.
Pendar
Sir Giandor

Post by Sir Giandor »

I have made no decision for all. But I made a chance for all of us. Why do you think there could be no leader for skelletons but you think at the same time that you could lead a group of people.
Pendar, tell me, why do you think was it possible to lost the town to the lichs? Caus it was to weak to defence? At who has to care for those things?
Or was the fall of the town a fair punishment for our mistake, slaying the skelletons, disturbing their peace?
But now I know why we had to become in a situation of war. Cause people dont think about their doin. All they know is the words of their sword.
I thougt you were be a inteligent and honourfull man, so it had to be you to talk to the lord of the skelletons.
It was not my job. Iam no leader. I am a fool. And so the stupid librarian talked to the lich to save his library, the books and the rest of the town. And where were you? Slayin skelletons to become a hero? Or smoking a pipe far away?
Dont be a fool. And let us take the way together. The way for peace.
Or dont you want peace?

~ Sir Jeron Giandor~
the librarian and Elder of the Grey light
1. knight of Silverbrand
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

A normal man would weep in the situations Pendar Fayed has faced. A great man would weep, then get back onto his feet, as Pendar did. We all slew skeletons, because if we didn't they would have killed us and those we cared for, and that is indeed what they did. Pendar is a great man who has lost much. Go back to your hole now.

F
Jacob
Location: The northern forest with his flute and his thoughts

Post by Jacob »

Who are you ? I have never seen your face. I have lived with the lichs for weeks and never seen you. I have lived in the library for days and you were never there. You say you are a Knight of Silverbrand, where were you when Trolls Bane was attacked from all sides?
Why should anyone trust someone who has not bled with us? I have spoken with the Lichs, they trusted me and they, not one could give me reason as to why this war was started. All they could tell me was they wanted to cause pain.
I agree with Fooser.
GO back to your hole.

Jacob Kent
Sir Giandor

Post by Sir Giandor »

well, I dont say that he is not a great man. Whatever you mean by that. Is he one cause he slayed much more than others? I dont know his situation and i dont want to make a justice about him.
And no! There was a way without slaying or being killed by skelleton. It took this way.
Whatever happend, the only question is: Do you want peace? And if yes why shouldnt we go together the same way.

~ Sir J. Giandor~
Sir Giandor

Post by Sir Giandor »

well Jacob.

When you were in the library you had to see me more than once. But Iam not so stupid to tell you were you can find my hiding room. I was in the town, most of the times.
But that not important. Important is that he is gone and that their is a real chance for peace. A thing you doesnt won with your sword. You looked at my title of a knight? You can have it if you wish. Im not a warrior. Im not a hero or something else.
But now its the time for real heros. So let us show that you all are one.

~S.J.G~
Jacob
Location: The northern forest with his flute and his thoughts

Post by Jacob »

I am curious, Silverbrand is missing during this whole war yet when the lichs offer a supposed peace they contact Silverbrand representatives. This is strange. I do not accept this peace, because I do not accept the lichs truely offer it. I am positive that the lichs are simply telling you want you want to hear. To understand them, so you do not see them for the mindless evil they are. They only want to cause pain, you cannot understand that logic.

Jacob Kent
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

Jeron,
Truly and deeply you offend me not only with words that are baseless and spit on what we have sacrificed in this war and what i have lost.
Also words that show you do not even know what has come to pass on this island and what has brought us to war.
Ariges a necromancer summoned a skeleton army the size of which we have never seen that is how the town fell.
Ariges who tore the dead from there sleep to make them a weapon of his own use, Drahken who came through from his realm to tear our armies apart. That is what we have faced and more..
Now you expect me to believe all of this has come to pass because the crypts of the dead have been raided?
You speak of a way with out swords when undead armies marched killing all in there path. When my wife was slain by Ariges as she prayed to Ushara to spare the innocent souls hiding on the castle roof.

Where was I was where I am always seeing to the defense of the castle against demons,lichs and other undead terrors. Spending my blood to preserve those who cannot fight as I have done day and night since this began.

Of course you would know of non of this but there are three maybe more master lichs on the island. Now you have spoken to a nameless one and this means peace. How can we leave such an enemy on our island how can we let Ariges who brought all this death on our people walk freely still?
How can one skeleton speak for the lich's and necromancers?

Lastly the undead the skeletons and mummies are cursed creatures undead and doomed to wander our earth with out rest with out the comfort of the gods. Surely we should help these trapped spirits by sending them home or at least dealing with them and destroying this danger to those who live.
We do not speak of forest trolls the undead are a curse on our land.
Peace comes when the necromancer and the lich's are destroyed and the gods own balance is returned to our island. So much you do not know yet so loudly you speak.
Pendar
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

If peace is made, good!
But we must still be weary of what might happen next.
We may now live amougst skellatons as we live amoung lizardmen.
But theres always a chance of a new atack...
So the agreement is made?
We no longer atack them and they no longer atack us.

I agree the necromancers did an evil thing but that doesent mean the other undead did.

Signed:
Kevin Lightdot
Sir Giandor

Post by Sir Giandor »

Pendar,
your chose wisely words but your mind is taken by your mourning. And you want the same as they do, you want your revange. And you fight for it. You dont fight for our freedom. You fight for your wive and at last for yourself. Is that the way peace can made of? I dont think so. Maybe you take a think about that.
We have to differantiate Necromancers from the skelletons. The on side is fluted by an egoistic mind. And they control the demons they call. And when they are to weak to control them, they become indepent. And the skelletons were indepent. And how did you know if the necromancers were no undeads to? I saw the lich in a human body more than once. But that is history. Now we have to decide what will happen next.
Should we slay them? But give me a reason. How will you kill undeads with a sword? Its something only mages could do.
And Im calmed down, that there a so less on the island.
Should we slay them cause we want the same as they - a revenge? Or could we take our chance, right now. The peace is here. You only have to protect him. But you want to cut him down for your own revenge, for hating them.

Jacob, dont look to much on a title like my sir. Its just a title. A honorable decoration. Im no warrior. Im not a dwarf at all. I cant speak for silverbrand like I cant speak for all of the other people. But I will for myself and for all of us who wants to become freedom without loosing more of their wives, sisters, and friends.

Xallier, tell me, do you know the secrets of magic. Do you know something more about necromancers and undead as you have seen? Dont make decisions about creatures and thinks you have no knowing of. Let this for real mages and scholaries. I tell you I dont trust skelletons, but I also dont trust humans more cause I am one and know them the best I can, so I cant trust a stranger. But know we have to. Like the lord of the skelletons will trust us.

~S. J. Giandor~
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

This is written in a loopy, but incredibly neat handwriting

There are but some of us mages that do not believe this treaty. There are some like i, who do not care for those that take it above themselves to make halfhearted peace, that will only last long enough for the oppressers to become bored. Do not talk of us mages as a group. We have different minds than you. I fought this battle with both Magic and the Sword. you were not stareing into their eyes when they ran at you with their berserker fury. So, do shut up.

~T.W.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Ok i have had enough, the undead atacked
I'm sick of this.
This war wont end verry soon this way.
We have to do something? but what? i see no hope left for us.
Someone tell me what to do!

Signed:
Kevin Lightdot
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

Of course there was another attack, there was never a doubt we would be attacked again.
As to what we will do we will keep defending our land and lives and wait with faith in those who are working as we speak to bring us a solution.
Yours
Pendar Fayed