Ponderings and Juxtapositions

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juliet

Ponderings and Juxtapositions

Post by Juliet »

Inside the Grey Rose Castle, a young woman sits. She is arrow-straight on top of the covers of a welcoming bed, her blue eyes blazing brightly with a thousand thoughts she had never dared to think before.

Straw-colored curls fall around her face, and her soft white hands reach up to caress the soft skin of the base of her own neck. Running her fingers along it, she can still feel the little grooves where a tiny gold chain had once hung. Opening her palm, she could see the little spots of blood where the charm had cut into ehr fist when she gripped it and pulled it off.

Free...

Coud she dare to be?

Alyssa had made her promise two things: One, to be her friend, and two.. to be a blade that would cut through the gale. And then Alyssa would help her.

She thought of the look in Allura's eyes when she had told Juliet she was free. She thought of the way Alyssa had called her "New sister,".

There was hope, there was a future. But for Juliet, the difficult part was only just beginning. She had taken the first step, she had pulled the wretched necklace off. Now she had to be sure Ferdinand would not lay claim on her anymore.

Juliet looked down uneasily at the dark, heavy sword that lay across the lacy skirts of her dress.

But I don't have to use it. It is.. as Allura said... it is my choice.

I choose...

I choose to be free, however I may.

Juliet took a deep breath and then began to cry.
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

Ferdinand paced slowly into grey rose. His silken robes dragging slowly onto the floor, the gold hemming sparkiling in the light as he approached Juliet.

"Figured I'd find you here, Daydreaming are we?." Ferdinand pauses briefly but not alowing enough time for the girl to reply.
"You Really are a lazy worthless pig arnt you and if you think you can just run away from me like this, think again!. I will not have it, you are mine, you belong to me, you are property with no right to think for yourself." Ferdinand pauses again seeing the necklace gone and the sword on her dress and steps back slightly confused but only for a second before regaining his composure and speaks again more enraged, ignoring juliets attempts to speak
"That necklace cost more than your entire family assets would make, Not to mention it belongs to me. Put it back on now! and you can forget about doing anything with that blade, if i do not send word to my family during a set date you father will be hung for various crimes" Ferdinand walks forward and picks up the sword from Juliets dress
"I will not have you learning a noble mans art. Now get up I tire and wish you in my bed"
Last edited by Anarchist on Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juliet

Post by Juliet »

Juliet rises slowly, trembling, drawing herself to her full height, which is considerably less than Ferdinand's.

"I..I do not have the necklace, Ferdinand," she says as evenly as she can, but her voice shakes so, "I... I don't want it, or...or you. And that sw-sword is m-mine. I want it b-back, please."

Juliet swallows hard, shaking. "Please," she adds uncertainly.

"And.. and you can't have my f-father hanged, s-sir," she counters with obvious trepidation, "Th--they n-no longer live on y-your land."

Seeing no immediate reaction, the girl grows slightly bolder and holds out her hand "M--my sword, please.. and.. and I will.. will n-never share your b-bed again, sir.." she swallows again, a sadness in her eyes.
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

Ferdinand raises his hand and hits Juliet across the face with the back of it
"This land may not agree but where we come from you are still part of a legally binding contract, you walk away and your father has lied under contract, as you know my family has alot of power and trust me, your father will die"
Ferdinand grabs juliet by the arms and forces her toward the door
Juliet

Post by Juliet »

"No!"

Juliet yells and struggles, a desperate look taking hold in her pretty blue eyes, contrasting to her now red cheek.

"I don't want this--I don't want it!"

"Alyssa!" she shrieks desperately, hoping her new friend will hear her.
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

"You will bed me and do as I say or I will have your father killed, It is the law Juliet, like it or not. Now move"

Ferdinand glares at the girl
Juliet

Post by Juliet »

Juliet dissolves into tears, pulling back with her light weight in attempt to keep Ferdinand from taking her from the castle, but she is lead away despite her efforts.
Alyssa

Post by Alyssa »

For once in many days Alyssa felt content. there upon a desk in the library where she'd left a letter to her master she had found in return the document she'd been hoping for. With it she would be able to help miss Juliet. Her yellow eyes scanned the paper, it was a simple yet inrefutable document.
"full military and politcal backing..."she whispered to herself. Juliet and her family would no longer be threatened by Ferdinand and his so called power, indeed not unless he wanted a war with Varshikar and there home back on the mainland. nothing but an idol threat really but weather or not this truely came to pass was irrelevent, no house no mater how great in power would risk the lives of there countries citizens over a bride. nor would they stand a chance of victory either way.
yes mother would be proud of her, and Mirelle too, she had used her mind instead of her arm and it felt satifying to do so. Alyssa carefully rolled the document and placed it into her bag. with a slight smiles on her face she set out of the castle to find miss Juliet.
Damien

Post by Damien »

A tall, slender figure approaches the castle, on his way to his quarters. The hood of his torn and cutted grey cloak falls over his face, only leaving his mouth free, although his eyes are covered he seems to recognize his surroundings perfectly. A battered, ragged looking armor can be seen through the cuts in his cloak, as well as the hilts of two blades on his back and another one hanging from his hip, attached to the leg so it would not disturb while walking or running.
With quick, but not hasty steps he approaches the castle entrance, just to hear a kind of hasty conversation, obviously two shouting voices, one female, the other male. As he enters the castle, he stops a few steps in front of the two humans, watching both quietly while definitely standing in the way.
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

Ferdinand Drags the girl from the chamber and heads toward the exit unaware of the strange man untill he almost runs into him. Shocked at both the presence and the appearance of this man he loosens his grip slightly on Juliet.

"I am sorry sir but you happen to be standing in my way, if it wouldnt be too much trouble could you step aside?"

As soon as he finishes speaking Ferdinand realise what stupid question this was, he is no coincidence and silently he begins to curse the girl he holds.
Damien

Post by Damien »

A few quiet moments pass, before the cloaked man starts to speak - silently, his voice low with a melodic elven tone although speaking almost monotonous - not cold but lacking every impression of emotion.
"I do sense a dispute of some kind between you both.
The open sword in your hand as well as a certain force you seem to use do indicate the possible use of violence in the near future.
I must request both of you to explain this situation. Now."

A light breeze moves the man's torn cloak a bit, revealing a part of his left arm where the armor is torn. A small, seemingly tattoed band consisting of elven signs and runes is visible for a short moment, it seems to vanish under the watcher's view. The figure does not move at all. For a strange reason, his gaze can be felt even through the hood.
Juliet

Post by Juliet »

Juliet is quiet now, silenced by the hand on her harm or by the elven man before them. Though her voice speaks nothing, a trembling of her jaw and a wide plea in her blue eyes tells a story of fear and apprehension. She clenches her jaw tight to stop the trembling and waits to hear what story the man will tell before offering her own version of events.
Alyssa

Post by Alyssa »

Alyssa moved quickly through the castle, heading toward the front entrance. Excitment coursed through her blood as she darted along past the furnace and through the door. She came to a halt however when reaching the the second door. the sound of voices and shuffling alerted her senses.
With a quick sniff of the air she diserned the bodies in the entry way. One she knew already, very reminicent of lavander with the slight hint of buttermilk, which she remembered was a sometimes an ingredient in bath soap. it was strong, a sign that the person it fumed from bathed a bit overzealously. Juliet.
The second scent was very similar to the first. but nothing like the third which she didn't recognize at all. Alyssa shook her head roughly. dislodging herself from this Peculiar if not keen sensory and quickly made her way into the entry way, better to see what was going on before her then stand ideally by.
Her eyes narrowed immediatly at the sight before her. Ferdinand had grip on Juliet in a rather rough manner and were it not for the elf impeding their path Alyssa's foremost reaction might have been to run him through. further more, in his hand was her sword. the one she'd given to Miss Juliet. her yellow eyes narrowed further still, for she hated most when someone unworthy touched one of her blades.
To act now though would be foolish, she thought to herself, using the logic to overide the outrage she felt. She'd worked hard in order nto bring this small plan into fruition. to ruin it now would only prove that she was an incapable person. yes she would wait and allow things to play out, but right now she couldn't allow the pair to get any further away.
"Ah Juliet." she spoke loudly mustering all the patience left within her "I'm glad you were able to find mister Ferdinand. we have much to dicuss now."
Damien

Post by Damien »

The elf does not move a single bit, but tilts his head a little, the hood still covering his whole face except the mouth.
"This situation may have to be settled first."
His voice still seems to completely lack an emotional aspect, but the tone of the spoken sentence has the sound of an order. From the back side, the handles of a few daggers can be seen in his belt, through cuts in his torn, grey cloak. He seemingly looks back to the man - through his hood somehow - and remains silent, obviously waiting for an answer.
Juliet

Post by Juliet »

Juliet lifts her gaze and her eyes lock on Miss Alyssa's yellow gaze. Somehow, she seems to take courage in the other girl's presence, and takes a deep breath before she begins to seak in a soft, trembling voice.

"I... I came from the m-mainland, sir, and....and it's the laws there--well, women are property of men, sir, and I've been p-promised to Ferdinand but... but I have been told that... that the rules of these lands are different, and.." she looks at Alyssa again and finishes in a rush, "I don't want to be married, I want to learn to read and write and do as I please and..." she pauses, a slight tint rising in her cheeks. "Only Ferdinand...will have my f-family punished back home if I l- If I leave him."

She falls silent now, her cheeks red and her eyes darting nervously between Alyssa and Ferdinand.
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

Ferdinand stands shocked at the girl new found courge and quickly tightes his grip on the girls arm in a desperate attempt to silence her.

"Please sir just a minor misunderstanding, nothing for you to worry about."
Ferdinand hesitatesa slightly before attempting to move past the man
"Now if you'll excuse me I must be going"
Damien

Post by Damien »

"Not that quick."
The elf 's hand shoots up and stops in front of the man. He is wearing quite torn grey gloves, partially strengthened with hardened leather. The hand stops quite close in front of the man's throat, while his other hand, almost hidden between them both, is only a few inches away from the human's sword hand, in which he holds the sword.
"You are from Albar. Your laws have ended many miles ago. I must inform you that every guest of the grey rose castle is also under protection. Further agressive actions will be answered as threads."
His voice still lacks every emotion, his calm tone seemingly being unaffected by the situation.
Anarchist

Post by Anarchist »

Ferdinand stops abruptly, as the mans hand shoots toward his throat, and looks down nervously.
"Well...a..uh..contract is a contract no matter where it is signed and the law is the law so please step aside I have no intention to make any hostile moves"
Ferdinand still gazes nervously at the mans hand
Alyssa

Post by Alyssa »

Alyssa watches quietly a moment longer as a smile plays across her delicate features. after a moment she steps foreward speaking again, this time adressing the elf as well the the other two.
'Sir Elf, all is well. please allow me a chance to speak with these two, i have been waiting for there arrival." she says smoothly, casting her glance to Juliet and giving a small comforting nod. "if you would choose to accompany that would be no trouble either, perhaps the library if you all would be so kind."
Damien

Post by Damien »

The elf nods, his hand now pointing towards the library.