Time to stop now

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Gromblun

Time to stop now

Post by Gromblun »

stop these attacks now and let the whole dam community get back to playing the dam game please!!!
Rinya

Post by Rinya »

We would, but it seems that much of the whole damn community is enjoying at least parts of this quest. If we get more complaints from the whole damn community that are similar to yours, sure. We can then stop all of it for the whole damn community. We will be especially happy to do it if the whole damn community can think of some excellent roleplay reasons for why undead attacks raging for a week have suddenly stopped at the drop of a coin and the birds are chirping merrily through the whole damn community's Trollsbane again.

Please post your objections related to the quest's existence now.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

lol
Caution GM pwning.

Gromblun this game wasent made for you alone and its about roleplaying not powergaming.

:lol:
Gromblun

Post by Gromblun »

this game is also about having fun. just tone it down please and GM calm down.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

well war is part of fun for most of us.
if you dont like the war dont go near the fighting zones.
Rackere Diplomatre

Post by Rackere Diplomatre »

Rinya wrote:We would, but it seems that much of the whole damn community is enjoying at least parts of this quest. If we get more complaints from the whole damn community that are similar to yours, sure. We can then stop all of it for the whole damn community. We will be especially happy to do it if the whole damn community can think of some excellent roleplay reasons for why undead attacks raging for a week have suddenly stopped at the drop of a coin and the birds are chirping merrily through the whole damn community's Trollsbane again.

*bows* Well said.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

[sarcasm]

We are so sorry for interrupting you Powergaming, Gromblun.

Please forgive us.

[/sarcasm]
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

I told you ingame to leave it. Now a GM told you to shut up and leave it. Many people have told you to leave it.

You cannot make demands of a GM. You can ask politely and nicely and hope they take the time to listen to you.
Gromblun

Post by Gromblun »

im not powergaming cos i joined last monday. get your facts right.
Gromblun

Post by Gromblun »

who are you anyway?
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

Gromblun wrote:im not powergaming cos i joined last monday. get your facts right.
Ahm... you do realize that it doesn't take a "certain" amount of time to be "powergaming," right? Powergaming is kind of a present tense verb here. You're either powergaming or you're not. It's not a description of how high your stats are at the moment FROM powergaming. It's the fact that you're doing it at all.

It's almost like saying, "I'm not growing older, I'm only 7."

Yes, you're young. But yes, you're still growing.

Get your facts right, eh :P ?
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Rinya wrote:We would, but it seems that much of the whole damn community is enjoying at least parts of this quest. If we get more complaints from the whole damn community that are similar to yours, sure. We can then stop all of it for the whole damn community. We will be especially happy to do it if the whole damn community can think of some excellent roleplay reasons for why undead attacks raging for a week have suddenly stopped at the drop of a coin and the birds are chirping merrily through the whole damn community's Trollsbane again.

I like your use of "whole damn community" on a constant basis. Made me giggle like a schoolboy.

Gromblun, it's still possible for even a guy who's been playing for years to powergame on the client. Your joining date doesn't even indicate enough Illarion experience to fill a thimble. Role playing doesn't mean simulating the real world via virtual world, otherwise almost nobody would be playing this thing.
Gromblun

Post by Gromblun »

well im sorry that i havnt been playing long enuf to know the term 'powergaming'.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Liek omg, u cant spel. Iv bin playing enuf to kno that speling liek this gets ppl holla'd @. Whut now? ^^
Thalodos Artemetus

Post by Thalodos Artemetus »

hehe, enough flaming. Gromblun, give the game a chance. This is a big event which is a treat for the other players of the game. Granted your first experience might have been pretty dire, but this was a one-off situation.
Rackere Diplomatre

Post by Rackere Diplomatre »

Gromblun wrote:who are you anyway?
BAD move, guy, BAD move...
Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Post by Jori »

So what, just because someone doesnt like being attacked theyre a powergamer? And typing short doesnt mean anyones a powergamer either. It just means they have several things they enjoy doing with their time and want to free up as much time as possible. So no need for the whole damn community to try to drive away new players. :wink:
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

But we're so good at it!!!
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Quests like these don't happen very often, and it is actually a nice refreshment from the normalcy. I don't recall spending so much time IG in months. Gromblun, they do the best they can considering all the hurdles that must be jumped to do this, like people who log into the town after the attack occured, or people who log in right in the middle of battle, and people getting stuck, server crashes, etc
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Allright but can someone tell me what powergaming is exactly?cause im not sure i really know what it is.
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

Arameh_ wrote:Allright but can someone tell me what powergaming is exactly?cause im not sure i really know what it is.
Alright. De'am will see what she can do. Here we go-ooo :D !!!

Powergaming. In overall, powergaming is the term used to describe what usually happens in the following situation.

A player pipes to himself, "L0Lr0x0rz! I'm totally bored. I have no life, and herein before me sits none other than a computer, with t3h internet connection. The natural thing for my sad, sad self to do is go online and play games. w00tz0rz!"

The player will then go ingame. For most online games, a good 9/10 of the player population are powergaming, but don't even know how to spell the term, much less what it means. Basically, they go ingame, and hack and hack and hack and hack and hack.

This endless, mindless hacking is really for either or all of these main purposes:
  1. Skill gain
  2. Item gain
  3. Money gain
  4. Skill gain for item gain
  5. Item gain for money gain
  6. Money gain for item gain
  7. Money gain for skill gain
And similar other reasons that really don't have much other variety.

In most of those other games, people don't really give a damn. Everybody's doing it. Why the hell not.

Here in Illllllllaaaaaaaaaaarion, it's rather more looked-down upon. While these gains are still a necessary part of the balance in Illarion, what we have is ROLEPLAY. Das' right. And when we have roleplay, it gives us some PURPOSE. Some better purpose other than hack-n-slash-n-hack-sum'-more. We can roleplay. We can do better than that. That's what gives it meaning.

Which is why over here, you're 15 times more likely to hear other players saying, "Well, damn!!! If you can't enjoy and contribute to the flipping roleplay, scurry on out of here!! The door is to your left!!" We've got the jewel of roleplay, and don't always have to resort to mindless monetary (stuff) gain. Why would you waste yours and others' time doing it *here* when there are (admit it) other more technically-advantageous games to go repeatedly click your mouse for??

So, yes. It is our honest and heart-felt suggestion that one who doth not comprehend and embody ye olde Illarion roleplay environment shalt do best in scooting his arse to somewhere else on the internet for his entertainment.

(And if you were mature enough to actually sit down and read most of this, I'm already proud of you, dammit.)
Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Post by Jori »

:D 8) :P YAY SHE'S PROUD OF ME YAY :P 8) :D
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

@Quinasa
Funny, you didn't drive me away.
@Gromblun
I may not be the one who should be saying this (Seems how I have ADHD and all) but here it goes-- Patience is a virtue...GET SOME!

Sorry if that was rude, but impatient people annoy me. Only if I was some sort of authority... *Thinks of a great fantasy where he'd pwn all who opposed him...Then realizes that's already true with the ants he eats and the Beanie Babies he throws at walls and settles for that.)

No comments.

-EDIT- Oh, and powergaming is why I left Secrets of Mirage and RPG World Online...Actually it was lack of Roleplaying, Powergaming, and Sexual Roleplaying being against the rules....No comments.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

I like this Jikken person hehe

And G, the game like many have said involve more people than yourself, and i personally know groups of people and other places upon the isle you can go which are not as of yet affected by the quest. So pelase stop crying before i have to unleash the allmighty one, also known as the Fooser/Donal Hybrid! Foosonal!
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

*gg* Dooser!

Anyhow, as Arist said, there still is Greenbriar, Vanima and downstairs Silverbrand to go to. Also, there are people that just hide away in their towns from this lich and his deadly creatures (Misjilah included).
Gromblun

Post by Gromblun »

i dont powergame becos i talk more than actually train or get money, i thought being the chracter was part of the game and my character is bored of skeleton attacks. now stop posting on this forum.
Liles

Post by Liles »

Gromblun wrote:now stop posting on this forum.
You don't own the forum and I enjoy posting, it gives me the feel of spam without the mess
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Now now, you can't command everybody to stop posting on the Illarion.org-forum. ;)

And the game is not about "being the character" its more "impersonating a fictional character".
There are slight differences when you look at it. ;)
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Even if your character is bored, the GMs don't care. That is a thinly veiled way of saying YOU are bored.
Markous

Post by Markous »

Gromblun:

If a Gm has done something wrong, write a mail to gm_abuse@illarion.org.

If you just want to bitch, because you do not think before writing, stop it.

There is no need for flaming topics.