Current Quest

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

I like it :)
Mempriclus

Post by Mempriclus »

We were pretty united when Drakhen ripped through our ranks, but that kind of skrewed us over.
Jacob
Location: The northern forest with his flute and his thoughts

Post by Jacob »

think maybe he means island wise ;)
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Papoitsi wrote:*hint*tnorf deifinu a gnithgif ton era uoy*hint*
A unified front does no good when there are 2 people dealing out 1 hits on you and demons that run almost twice as fast as a players that can kill the strongest in 7-10 hits

and thats another problem, there were way too many 1 hits being dealt, players have no chance at all to escape them, there are no preemptive #mes like

Drahken raises his hand towards Salathe preparing to fire on him.

Dravish raises his bow and puts an arrow in then aims at Salathe.

ealier, people were just spontaneously dieing
Mempriclus

Post by Mempriclus »

We were, the Varshikarians were helping, the bloodskulls were there, and as for greenbriar, silberbrand and tol vanima, well, their communities dont really exist as a constant IG prescence anymore.
Talaena Landessi

Post by Talaena Landessi »

i didnt die, but i killed peoples! yay! someone said "im injure-" slash - dead- cross
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I guess the days of 1 hit kills is apparently quite strong still :roll:
Mempriclus

Post by Mempriclus »

Yup, those demon skeletons people led to run around the cross didnt help on the res killing front...
Jacob
Location: The northern forest with his flute and his thoughts

Post by Jacob »

maybe now that the lichs have followers they will not fight themselves so much.
Mempriclus

Post by Mempriclus »

BWAHAHAHA....

No wait,

You weren't joking were you...
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Only complaint really was Drahken really ripped through us, now i assume he is a GM character as such pretty maxed out. He didnt need to insta kill so many people. Summoning the demons would have worked, perhaps better.

It was just an anti climax to get that far just to see us mowed down with out even losing a battle. I was lucky the spell of death or drahken of death missed me. I felt for those just blown up lol.

closing thought any thing that kills you in one hit tends to feel unsatisfactoy. Drahken could have warped away leaving two demons which by the strength of those things would have still cut us down nicely. Mop up with demon skeletons, would have given the players the raging battle they had all come for.
Remains the best quest ever
Brian
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

AKA legally PGed (not powergame, I guess its "no game"), no-name foes who barely anyone on the island knows, and cannot be defeated. Quests have been done this way for as long as I remember (lame?)
Papoitsi

Post by Papoitsi »

*shrug*
I have no control over Drahken. He just wanted some fun.

As for my hint, many of you have misread it. I suggest you consider carefully the words and the difference between "a", which is there and "with a", which is not.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I understood it completely but it does not concern me at all so I didn't say anything. ^^
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

I think it was definately too exaggerated. I know he just wanted fun and we told him its too much. I dont think he will do it like this again...
Damien

Post by Damien »

Drakhen has not instakilled ANY player character. Actually, he does not even have the technical source to do it. Must have been something different.

In fact, he used weapons that did not even cause damage (protective gm tool only), and should only have made damage with fists (if people step too close or in his way). There was one player character killed (orc) by Drakhen, who had enough time to flee, but kinda insisted on dying, also attacked was as a human who fled.

Okay, people who did not run when seing the lit molotov cocktails flying into their direction (which was ALWAYS written at least five seconds before Drakhen threw), were of course able to get hit by a cocktail :wink:
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

I`m a bit sorry for Fooser, who was unlucky and got into one of those cocktails -.-
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

AlaineMilan wrote:I`m a bit sorry for Fooser, who was unlucky and got into one of those cocktails -.-
Which of the 5 GM caused deaths do you speak of?

The behavior today was pathetic, and hopefully wont go unaccounted for, but it probably will.
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

the one when you just went over the bridge and got into a molotov....

i hope it will be never like this again
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Damien wrote: Okay, people who did not run when seing the lit molotov cocktails flying into their direction (which was ALWAYS written at least five seconds before Drakhen threw), were of course able to get hit by a cocktail :wink:
AlaineMilan wrote:the one when you just went over the bridge and got into a molotov....

i hope it will be never like this again
Yes, "running" over the bridge to see if there were any medics left in the castle, because he just "died" a minute earlier.

I wont talk about it here anymore, I said what I needed to in the email.
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

Dravish attacked two groups of people

1 : The orc whom attacked him, and those which followed after the matter
2 : When commanded to take the bridge

He spent more time with other tasks such as defeating the demon which was res-killing the survivors, and trying to marshal the events makeing sure they diddnt get to out of hand.

Fooser : As to your death, running past a lich and his horde doesnt usually lead to a handshake my friend, and i think i shall let you know the armour you dropped is in the hands of one of the ' good ' guys.

And im sure Drahken wouldnt have thrown the bomb ooc if he knew you were on low hp's, so i shall apologise.
Cassandra Fjurin

Re: Current Quest

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

Pocal wrote:This is goddamn stupid. I'm sick of this millions of demon skeletons and warhammer skeletons. There is no chance for us to even try to hand over waht the evil guy wants.

This is making me want to seriously quit.
Ohh now, here are my 2 cents. A really interesting thread.
Wy don't you run away? I think the most problem is that the good guys have to win allways? "Ohh see there are npc's we can kill them, because we are the good guys and we have to win" Sorry no. If i see a horde with enough fighters against me i will run and not fight. But the most players run into the battle because they know that they have to win. But this isn't so. Sometimes its better to run away. Maybe another day is better for a fight. But no we have all super heros without feeling of pain, without beeing scared and not fearing death. We run in the fight where it stands 50:1 because we know we have to win because the others where npc's and if we don't win we cry out on the boards that the quest wasn't fair because all the goodies died several times instead of running away.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

<3
martin

Post by martin »

I agree to Cass here. Why do you always assume that you're going to win a fight? It's ridiculous, if you're standing face to face with an opponent that is most likely having you for breakfast, RUN. There's no point in even trying to fight. You simply run or be clouded. That's about it.

You might eventually be able to fight your enemies, but probably not in an uncoordinated way. Probably you need a plan, tactics, work together with others and other groups. But standing there swinging your rusty sword won't save your life. And not learning from it after being killed one time, well, what's that called? Stupid?

On the other hand I'd ask Damien to try out the "protective GM weapons" first. They're not only protective. You should and could have known that.

Martin
Thalodos Artemetus

Post by Thalodos Artemetus »

I completely agree with Martin et al. I mean, if you do run you live. I found this out the hard way on the grey rose attack afew weeks back. For this quest yesterday and the day before, i had tactics (i.e do not attack alone) and havn't been clouded yet :P
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Unfortunately, those skeletons and demons are faster than the swiftest player character. Running is not an option, once they follow you, you're dead meat if you're not a very good fighter.

Also, people were pretty much coordinated two times. Just doesn't help when an invisible GM just spawns monsters with no source tangible to a character in game. Just doesn't help on silent kills with one or two strikes that leave no time to react, let alone type a #me or a command.
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

Sorry no. If i see a horde with enough fighters against me i will run and not fight.
Not when your name is Bailey!
Ha!
On the first attack the day before yesterday I died not a single time (in the fights with the NPCs).
Afterwards when Jacob was with Bailey and we got thrown out of town by a Lich, I knew I would die when I attack him.
But I stick to my chars role. Bailey would have attacked him non the less.
*slash* *cloud*
hehe.
Good this way 8)

Unfortunately, those skeletons and demons are faster than the swiftest player character. Running is not an option, once they follow you, you're dead meat if you're not a very good fighter.
I second that. Some of the really though monsters you can't shake off.
I just remembered the spiders once ... *shiver*

PS: The first time in my life that I would post a proposal in the proposal board, but it does not exist anymore.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

why do i alwais miss out? :(
as if god doesent want me killing undead :(
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Dravish wrote: Fooser : As to your death, running past a lich and his horde doesnt usually lead to a handshake my friend, and i think i shall let you know the armour you dropped is in the hands of one of the ' good ' guys.

And im sure Drahken wouldnt have thrown the bomb ooc if he knew you were on low hp's, so i shall apologise.
yeah, go into trollsbane? Nope. Go to Varshikar? And probably bleed out on he way. The last known place he saw medics was in the castle, not a wrong decision IMO. And it wasnt like he ran right at them saying "undead! I need a hug come here." He just quietly went from tree to tree along the road, then hopped quickly across the bridge, and was nearly gone when he decided to make a direct hit.

This skeleton was diagonal to me the first time I died, then specifically targeted me and killed me the second time I died, then a minute later tried to kill me again as I was starting to run away with Allura. Luckily I ate an apple or it would have been a third kill.
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

I did apologise ol bean :(