Rumors

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Thalodos Artemetus

Post by Thalodos Artemetus »

Two women can be overheard talking at the fields, one washes several shirts and trousers in a rack, the other sits watching the workers on the field.
If you were to pass them you might overhear them...

Washer woman: Ah Margaret, i don't know whats got into them, barely get any milk from them anymore..

Margaret: Really that bad? something must have spooked em' good?

Washer Woman: Well, i wasn't going to say anything.. but i've..nah, you'll think i'm mad..

Margaret: No i won't, go on ..you've what..?

Washer Woman: well..the other day i saw something..A dark shadow on top of the barn.. it gave me a strange feeling..rather odd it was. thoght i was going mad.

Margaret Gasps

Margaret:No..you don't think it was Ra..

Washer Woman: Shhh.. I don't want no bad luck..you've hear the stories, i don't want to be thrown from a building thank you very much.
So what about that Elliot Stewborne, are you gonna enter his competition?

Margaret: What me? no thanks.. i wouldn't want to embarass myself against all the other competition.

Margaret Chuckles

Washer Woman: Me neither.. i heard the best in the isle are entering.

Margaret: Oooh that'll be fun to watch then eh?

Washer Woman: It certainly will, you know what i think..it's..to

The conversation fades as you pass

As you walk further onwards you hear a group of fishermen talking. You catch their names David, Bill and Joe

David: Hey.. i've got a biggun' here lads!

He reels in the line to reveal a leather boot, the others laugh

Bill: Catch of the day Dave! You'll surely get a prize for that..

David Frowns

David: Yeah yeah, shut up or i'll set that Lich on you

Bill throws a worm at him

Bill:oh how scary a lich!..ooga booga booga.. i bet he is a pussycat really.

They laugh

Joe: Careful or you'll get assasinated like that little fella.. Liles..

Bill:Oh?

Joe: yeah, he reckons some guard hired to someone to kill him... no idea what that's about..

Bill shrugs, he jumps startled as he feels a tug on his line

Bill: Got one lads!

Their voices fade away as you pass...
Papoitsi

Post by Papoitsi »

A miner sitting in the tavern tells a secondhand story to a friend:

My ol' buddy Up North claims he saw a ship! Raggedy 'twas, looked fit to sink. Said he didn't know how 'twas floatin'. Saw a crew looked like they 'scaped from ol' Websnipper's Castle, an some of them were wonderin' round. He steered clear of those men. Looked dang'rus. I twouldn't put no belief'n' what he says, though. Told a story righ' after that 'bout how he met a fish head up there what liked sibanac and 'shroom. Said the crazy scale-tail was mutterin' 'bout They an' Them...if you ask me, ever since Darlok and them, Up North just hain't been right.

The miner shakes his head and moves on to less interesting topics.
Vryan

Post by Vryan »

You hear a rumour concerning a stranger who appeared in Troll's Bane looking dishevelled, and soaking wet from head to foot. Apparently, his trade-ship sunk off the coast of Gobiath, near the three finger bay and he was swept in-land. He is believed to be the sole survivor of the wreckage
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

In the market place of Troll's Bane you can hear a couple having a conversation, they seem very concerned:

Husband: "What did you just say?"
Wife: "Yes. You heard me. I want to move to Varshikar."
Husband: "But, dear, why...?"
Wife: "This town isn't safe anymore. Have you not heard about Liles?"
Husband: "No... but..."
Wife: "Someone tried to kill him. Twice! Martha told me she saw everything from her window. The attacker was dressed all in black leather and was strong as a demon! She told me she saw him fight Liles and that orc that always follows him."
Husband: "Martha told you this?"
Wife: "She did! Even an elf nearby did nothing. An elf! If an elf could do nothing, what can we do...?"
Husband: "Hmmm... Are the mountains of the North too cold?"

Passing by the tavern, during that same night, you could catch part of a conversation escaping the window:

"Heh. Have you heard about our little assassin?"
"He is not an assassin. He doesn't know what he is doing."
"Well, at least he knows what he ISN'T doing. And that is already something..."
"The shadows are speaking a lot of this name. It bothers me. He brings shame to professional like us."
"Heh. But I like the lad. Give him time and you will see what he can become."
"Yeah... We'll see, we'll see..."
"I heard he trainned with Kenneth Knives himself during some time."
"Pffff. Lies. If he did, that Liles-guy would already be dead by now..."
ShadowNinjas

Post by ShadowNinjas »

You hear rumors about someone starting a Ninja school
Nialandra

Post by Nialandra »

It is rumored that a female knight has been seen leaving Trolls Bane via the West gate. A sad look upon her face, heavily loaded with different supplies rangeing from food, wood ,weapons and armour to bedrolls, tents, pots and pans, she exits the gate and continues westwardly to a supposed camp site.
Pocal

Post by Pocal »

It is rumored that the newly appointed Ambassador of Varshikar feels the job is making him too honest, and he wants Fooser to replace him.
ShadowNinjas

Post by ShadowNinjas »

You hear two men talking to eachother outside the store.

man 1: Did you hear about that man that has his face covered and wears that Headband?
Man 2: Yes, i heard about him
Man1: Well, I saw him taking on three people with ease! it looked like he was training them for something. He looks dangerous and well trained!
Man2: Really?
Man 1: It's said he is a Master Ninja and carries around throwing knives in the pouch tied around his waist!
Man 2: A NINJA!? thats not good.
Man 1: I concur, lets try not to cross his path.

You move on and can't hear much more
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Two young women are speaking, sitting under the Elder Tree of Troll's Bane. They speak between giggles and blushes.

"Did he really asked you that?"
"Hihi. He did. I am so happy"
"But why does he want to enter the Eldan Monastery with you?"
"Oh, haven't you heard the stories? It is said that if two people enter the Monastery, they will be forever together"
"Oh. Hihihi"

In Varshikar, two men wearing heavy capes and hats, sweating a lot, and drinking water in abundance, are talking very tired. Their clothes are dirt with sand.

"I ain't going there again. Never again"
"Calm down, calm down. That was only our eyes, too much sun on our heads it seems"
"No. I know what I saw. That desert is famous for its stories about mirages. That wasn't only the sun, mate"
"Hear me, I saw it too and---"
"Then why don't you believe me when I say the desert itself tried to swallow us? Those people were made of sand, you saw yourself!"
"Mate, probably someone made them of sand to trick like we were tricked. The heat did the rest"
"They were moving... I saw it..."

In Vanima, two well dressed elves stare blankly at the forest around the city.

"So, he did die"
"I would not call that a real death. He took another path, perhaps"
"Yes..."
"I never heard of our people deciding to be one with the Great Mother"
"I've heard this only once. That an elf can become one with Nature when he reaches a certain age... Well, we have a long way to get to know"
"Indeed. I wonder what it must feel to turn into a tree"
"Hmm, maybe we should ask him. For that is what he became now..."
Gil'Dran

Post by Gil'Dran »

Walking by a pair of peasants you can hear them talk..

"I am sure of what I saw!"
"That impossible Mark! I mean.. Even if it were true, no lizard, no.. Noone may use magic! It is banned!"
"I saw the lizard dissapear in a dense mist! There was a voice in the wind.. Made me bones chill to the core, I tell ya!"
The other peasant sighs.

You walked past and did not hear anything more..
Llama

Post by Llama »

A crowd of people are surrounding the onionball court

What is this elf doing?
He seems to be cleaning the grass...
Cleaning it from what?
Hmm, is that blood over there
Hmm, seems like lizard blood to me...
I wonder why that elf is taking an interest in the court
Dunno, heard something about a league
A league?
Yeah...
Umm Helena, your onions need to be pulled out of the ground
Oops, oh thanks for telling me...
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Word is spread that a new bandit operates in the nights of Troll's Bane.
Mairead

Post by Mairead »

You hear two women speaking at the marketplace.

- "A sickness is going around I fear. That little girl came down with it."

- "Oh my. Is it serious?"

- "Rather. First it starts with the symptoms of a normal cold, but then it gets worse til you cough up blood."

- "Will she die?"

- "I don't know, but we should keep away from every ailing person. Who knows who else got this disease."

The other woman nods in agreement.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

You hear rumours about a fight between two Orcs somewhere north of Troll's Bane.
Mazrian

Post by Mazrian »

You hear a rumour that Troll's have been attacking farmers near Troll's Bane.
Alfred Corvane

Post by Alfred Corvane »

You hear a group of skeletons summoned by a follower of rasmantil were killed by Alfred, Liles and sylathen.
Liles

Post by Liles »

Rumors spead of something living in the caves. Some people say its a monser but these are normally drunk or smell.
Kamik Windslasher ~

Post by Kamik Windslasher ~ »

You hear a rumour from two heavily dressed men, probably coming from the cold weather of the mountains. They speak of Mountain Spirits.

- And old man and the second before, it was a blue flame.
- I was there, remember?
- Yes. But I still think those two did it. They cast the flames on the poor old men.
- Those two? You mean the blue haired weirdo and the halfling? I doubt. They called it Mountain Spirit and runned.
- Even then.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You hear the trolls in the Northern Forest ae enrared due to the massive amount of trees the bandits of the camp there are cutting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You also hear rumors of a spider cave and a gold mine.

- And it is said the cave is filled with spiders... I heard what the halfling said. He hired that mercenary to protect him.
- Why would someone seek a spider cave, anyway?
- Because it is said that, if you pass the spiders, you get rich.
- How come?
- A gold mine.
- And did they find it?
- If they found the gold, I don't know. But judging by the way they came back, they surely found the spiders..............
Gwynnether

Post by Gwynnether »

You hear two people speaking at the marketplace:

"And this elfess told that she will turn back into stone for the next 500 years... As the break of the morning was close, she ran away north."

- "Unbelieveable. What about that other elf who kept her company?"

"Poor lad. I hope he didn't fell in love with her. Or he will have to wait another 500 years to see her again..."
Liles

Post by Liles »

You hear increasing rumors of a man acting strangly and some people say his memory has been reduced to when he was 14. Though you do not know the mans name from these simple rumors
Briggi Blumenkind

Post by Briggi Blumenkind »

Man sieht einen kleinen Halblingsjungen durch die Strassen Troll's Banes laufen. Er scheint aufgeregt und fuchtelt mit einer geschlossenen Hand um sich.
Er spricht wahllos Leute an und erzählt von einer Gestalt die ihn ausschickte Caitlin Fergus zu finden.
Er scheint sehr viel Angst zu haben.
Caitlin Fergus

Post by Caitlin Fergus »

((Translation from the post above))

You can see a small halfling running through the streets of Trolls Bane. He seems excited and waves about with something closed in his hand.
Randomly he talks to people and says that he has been told to find Caitlin Fergus.
He seems rather afraid.
Devrah Liioness

Post by Devrah Liioness »

A few people might have mentioned seeing Devrah Liioness around town briefly during the night.

"I thought she left town?"

"So did I. I only saw her a minute though. Might have up and gone again."

"Hm. Didn't she used to be in the guard?"

"Not sure. Never saw her again before last night after that other former guard, Revlen died."
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

You hear two people walking from the grey rose castle into town talking

"Wait... so your saying he PUNCHED through a wall??"

"Yes!!"

"No one could punch through a wall you idiot..."

"Well... he was a demon"

"He's a lizard not a demon"

"Well he turned into one!!"

"Im not talking to you anymore...."
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

Just a reminder:

((A note to players. This topic was originally for GM use only, but we eventually let players use it. However, recently, the rumours have gone down-hill. Not only have they become stupidly specific, but they have also become detrimental to roleplay.

A suggestion: Start including sources for rumours, as well as keeping them vague! They should be rumours, not highly accurate news reports.

An example:

An old woman that walks the streets of Troll's Bane tells all that she can that she has seen an unusual pillar by the Lake of Adron.

This is something along the lines of what we want, as opposed to highly detailed factual stories. If you want to start something like that, start your own topic.

The alternative, if rumours do not start improving, is that this topic is locked and that rumours will only be posted if we approve them beforehand.

This is more work for both you and us, so please, put some sense into your rumours.))

((Eine Anmerkung für die Spieler. Dieses Topic war eigentlich dazu gedacht, dass nur GMs hier posten, jedoch haben wir es gelegentlich auch von Spielern benutzen lassen. Wie dem auch sei, seit neuestem sind die Gerüchte völlig verkommen. Sie sind nicht nur zu spezifisch geworden, sondern schädlich für das Rollenspiel.

Ein Vorschlag: Beginnt damit die Quelle des Gerüchts anzugeben und haltet sie vage! Es sollen Gerüchte sein und keine extrem präzisen Neuigkeitenberichte.

Ein Beispiel:

Eine alte Frau geht durch die Straßen von Trolls Bane und erzählt jedem, dass sie eine seltsame Säule an Adrons See gesehen hat.

Das ist ungefähr das was wir wollen, im Gegensatz zu den genau detaillierten, sachlichen Erzählungen. Wenn ihr so etwas posten wollt, dann bitte in einem eigenen Topic.

Sollte die Gerüchte sich nicht bessern, dann ist die einzigste Alternative das das Topic gesperrt wird und Gerüchte nur geposted werden können wenn wir sie vorher genehmigen.

Das wäre mehr Arbeit für alle, also bitte bringt wieder mehr Sinn in eure Gerüchte.))
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

You hear that Eliza is mad with Fooser and closed her shop for this reason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Du höst das Eliza, auf Fooser böse ist und ihren Laden deswegen zugemacht hat.
Kamik Windslasher ~

Post by Kamik Windslasher ~ »

You hear two passerbys in Troll's Bane speaking of an odd story:

- Yes, I heard the knights speaking. It seems they saw those red lights coming from the Shrine of Malachin.
- Knights of the Grey Rose?
- What else?
- Hmm... and then?
- I heard them saying they've found blood over the altar and a portal opened.
- Where did the portal lead to?
- Troll's Bane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During the day, you can hear several people speaking about the blood in the street pavement. The complain as they have to clean it all:

- Now, where did all this come from?
- That man. Windslasher or something. I saw him entering through that gate with my own eyes. Seemed more like the dead than a living thing.
- That hurt? Do you know how is him?
- He is well. He was taken to the Grey Refuge and then came back all healed.
- What do you mean?
- The wounds closed.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Elizas Laden ist wieder geöffnet. Ob sie sich mit Fooser wieder versöhnt hat?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizas shop is opend again. May she propitiate with Fooser again.
Saradomin_Meranwyn

Post by Saradomin_Meranwyn »

There are rumors of a lich going around and stabbing townsfolk in the shoulders.. for Cherga
Saradomin_Meranwyn

Post by Saradomin_Meranwyn »

"I thought he was dead!"
"so did I, but I saw him, plain as I see you now!"
"Who?"
"K--"
the conversation fades as you walk by ...