A darkening sky.

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Meniellant

Post by Meniellant »

Sitting in his room at the inn, Perceval wrote a letter. Smoking his pipe rapidly clouding his room totally he lets his quill scratch furiously over the paper:

Dear father!

Your fears were right, and I apologize for not taking your advice.
A. was, in the end, not the man that I should have layed my trust upon,
but we had a talk already and we've came to a solution suitable and
agreeable, so all of us get their decent share of credit before our ways will part.
I am well, besides of the dreaded weather and miserable conditions of housing on this island.
The countryside is worth to be explored,
yet the people are astonishing stupid and
without any manners whatsover.

The village itself is extremly backstanding and so is their population.
I've been cursed, called names, insulted and threatened of men,
I normally wouldn't even look at due to their low stand,
but as I learned, this island doesn't give a lot about titles or morals at all.

The earl of the local knightorder, a horrible shortlegged halfling
who must've cheated to get into that position,
expelled me off their land due to mere rumors about my person.
Earlier I have been insulted by a page of the very same order, could you imagine?
This order makes me laugh, they do not uphold the morals and standarts of nobility at all.
I miss home, but I'm already preparing my return.
After all things are sorted out, I will take the next ship back,
so expect me to get back soon..

or not at all.

Tell mother and Lucius my regards
and may the true god protect you all

yours always,
Perceval

He kicked the quill away and stepped towards the window to open it. Taking a deep breath he looked outside and remained motionless for several minutes.

"There's not much time left..." He mumbled towards himself.
Lathor Isakthin

Post by Lathor Isakthin »

Lathor tracks through the forest.. searching for the shadows that are said to lurk there. He had met an Elfess earlier, a kind soul which he had to lie to. Ashamed of his father, the father for whom he sought revenge...
Razadon Merryweather

The Attack.

Post by Razadon Merryweather »

Four adventurers cross the Varshikarian mountains, weary from their travels they look for a small clearing or cave.

"A cave .. 300 feet east..." cries Celegorn, the elf the the group, his body encased in chainmail and a red cape, which flaps wildly in the increasing wind.

The three men accompanying him nod and set off east for the cave...
The Executioner

Post by The Executioner »

A figure watches the four from the shadows, the flickering of the campfire reflects of the cavern walls, creating eerie shadows across the men's faces.

They chat, their jovial voices echo around the cave

"Aye, that was some beast Celegorn, did you see the arms on it, could crush a man with one hand!"

"Indeed Brother, though no match for you sword."

"I'd drink to that"

They laugh

A voice rasps from the shadows...

"Traitors.. the swift blow of death will soon be with you...

The travellers look up, confused, fear on their faces

"Servants.. send them to our lord." The voice rasps

From the shadows step 8 figures, each cloaked in dark robes, Skullmasks don their faces. They advance on the four men, weapons drawn..

...The four adventurers try to flee, they race up the ladder into the darkness, pouring rain beat down on their heavy armour as they ran.. an arrow struck struck the elf, he cried out into the darkness..

"Brothers flee.. Eldan will guide me!"

The three remaining men stop, the figures advance from the darkness towards them.. with swords raised the three adventurers charge..

Their bodies are left in the Varshikarian fountain. A parchment is found nearby. It reads...

Citizens of Varshikar,

You are not safe. Bring me the 13th or more shall follow.

~Unsigned.
Maliss

Post by Maliss »

Walking from the castle in the first light of day the elf clad in midnight blue sets his eye upon the gory fountain waters set crimson by the carcasses.
The tortured energies of the traces of life forces cut short in such violent manner teased his heightened senses. The ruptured auras and memories they carried made bloody images dance behind his eye, and a low growl broke from his throat.
You play out of your depth had you just asked I may have considered allowing you to live, this how ever offends me.
Slowly he begun the labor of pulling the carcasses from the well and laying them near the cross, least any one care to claim them failing that crows surely would.

His cloak smeared with blood and a light layer of sweat on his brow he read the message again,
Thirteenth Rhiannon he mused to himself with a smirk.
I think not far easier to kill you, step into my shadow Rasmantil for its dark and long my embrace as chill as the grave you would avoid…
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Another seeker prowls the northern forest in search for traces of that elusive spectre, Rasmantil.

He is a tall human with a grim and determined face, mostly shrouded in a heavy cape of dark grey. A few metallic reflections and the occasional jingle hint at armour, but the figure does move much more carefully and lightly than a fighter going to battle would. He treads on barely visible paths and game trails. As he moves through the woods he pauses and takes in his surroundings. He stands there, sometimes with his eyes closed and almost seems to commune with the forest itself while old, half forgotten memories are reluctantly returning. Then he continues with renewed assurance.

Sure about his surroundings, but not so sure inside. He whispers to himself: "Where are you hiding? Where is your lair, you bastard? I remember this forest and this forest remembers me. It shall lead me. It is just a matter of time until I find you. We met twice before and we shall meet again. And this time..."

Adigar stops right in the middle of a step. There was a faint sound in the underbrush ahead. A disturbing noise, outside of the perpetual hum of the forest. He strains his eyes to determine its source through the dense foliage, waiting for the noise to repeat itself. Then the outline of a huge, green figure separates itself from the pattern of leaves and shadows. Instinctivley his hands move towards his sword, but then come to rest. The troll takes two steps towards him and then man and creature just look at each other for more than a minute. Then the troll turns around and disappears as quickly has it had shown.

Adigar takes a deep breath and continues on the narrow trail. "The guardians are not disturbed. Not in this part of the forest then. I still have a long way to go..."
Llama

Post by Llama »

A figure with a skull mask runs, he is tired and out of breath; he bows in front of his master

"sorry my lord, but the creatures of the forest chased me... But now i am ready to spill blood for the blood god"
The Executioner

A halfling is found nailed to a tree in the briar forest. In his mouth a note is placed. It reads...

Greenbriar.

Another life, send me the thirteenth or the halflings shall pay.

..It remains unsigned...
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Brendan tidies his kitchen late one night. He turns to Ezorock and Toby's sleeping forms and chuckles quietly, the ale really takes it out of them.

He spots the apron that he borrowed from Mrs Smallburrow and decides to take it across the village path to her. As he crosses the small cobbled road he notices something out of the corner of his eye.

Brendan shrieks in horror and the village awakens to the sight of the disfigured halfling nailed to the tree.
Lathor Isakthin

Lathor's meeting.

A gathering storm of quarrels arose in town, orcs shotued at passing citizens, little did anyone notice the darkening sky overhead.

"We wants signs backs!" shouted an orc.

A large rabble started, out of the shouting voices one word stood out.

"Pendar"

Lathor gazed up, his distant eyes searching the crowd. There he saw a man with long dark hair. The Captain of the Guard, Father of the 13th he father had died to save.

"You are Pendar?" The elf questioned.

"A Bad moment friend, chaotic at best this moment" He replied

Lathor stared at the man for a moment, a look of slight annoyance on his face, the crowd was to much for him, he yearned for the peace of his town.

"Perhaps, but i am sure this is of more importance to you than any."

"Speak fast then"

"I am Lathor.. Lathor Isakthin."

"I know the name i cannot place it" replied Pendar.

"Perhaps you could come with me?"

Pendar looked hesitant for a moment, the row behind him increasing in volume. Lathor had already started to move, he followed.

Lathor walked briskly until he came to the cross, it rose defiantly in the air, it's golden structure gleamed in the moonlight.

"I am about the only thing stopping those orcs from turning the town into a bloody brawl" said pendar, somewhat exasperated by the elf's patience and lack of haste.

"Manners would not go a miss Sir.Fayed." replied the elf calmly. "I believe my father appeared here."

Lathor gazed at the cross distantly, a fleeting look of sadness passes across his eyes

"Arcadulus" said Pendar, staring at the elf. An intense look in his eye. "Rasmantil is a dog, we will flush him out and end him soon enough"

Lathor sighed.. The captain did not know.. as he had feared.

"Rasmantil kills unknowns, he appears in dark like a thief and hides as a dog. I will lend him no fear.." said Pendar ".. and should you need protection such can be supplied, there is no need to fear him he had his chance to put such in me."

"You underestimate this Rasmantil. You cannot protect those he seeks from him." said Lathor, a slight sigh in his voice.

"I have killed things darker than most dream, he will be added in time to that list."

Lathor smiled sadly.

"I know why he seeks your daughter." Lathor said.

"...On what authority, Rasmantil is hunted by something more than himself. Should he put foot near rhiannon i will end him. As to why, its a puzzle but assuredly the 13th would give him power of some sort?..." Interrupted Pendar.

"Do you not wonder why Rasmantil has not hurt or killed you?.. or why he has not appeared as something more physical other than a dark figure?" Questioned the elf, his calm manner, vanishing a moment.

"fear.."replied pendar

"I wish that were so Pen..."

"I have the means to kill him, or wound him. My faith is my shield and he has no power over me." Interrupted Pendar his eyes blazing intently with conviction.

"You cannot end those who cannot be ended."

"A way to all things my friend, you have no idea what i have seen. There are greater mysteries than a dog of moshran" said Pendar "and be assured greater minds than you and i work to unravel him"

Lathor's eyes burned with anger for a brief moment. Greater minds.. does this man deserve the key to defeating Rasmantil? Perhaps this is why his father came here.. not to live out fate.. but to show him the ways of man.

"We have just met Sir. Fayed. Your assumption offends me". whispered Lathor, he had decided. why should he help a man with so little respect? "It seems i will have not luck with you today Mr. Fayed."

"you admit defeat quickly when you arrived with such conviction?"

Raised voices sounds from the shop

"Tend to your riot. Seek me when you are willing to listen and accept" said Lathor "Good bye Sir. Fayed. May the five watch over you."

Lathor turned, and began to stride to the northern gate, a voice called over his shoulder...

"Aye and may your spine you"
The Executioner

The mass killing.

The sky darkened, a thick swirling mass of grey clouds swept across the crecent moon. The trees rustled, the wolves ceased to howl...

Dark figures approach Greenbriar, Varshikar and Troll'sbane, the skulls that don their faces glow in the moonlight.

Screams escape in the night air. Silence follows.

As dusk approaches three bodies are found bound to trees, each with a note stuck between their mouths. They read simply..

Bring the 13th.
Lathor Isakthin

The Second Meeting.

Lathor, slowly walked up to the main gate of the grey rose, carefully avoiding the pools of blood that were scattered across the grass. He walked past the gate and into the man hall.

"The work of ignorance" He thought to himself, chuckling slightly.

He gazed distantly around the room, a few tired and bloodied men crowded around the depot. He walked into the hall. One of the battered men looked up, Pendar. He glanced at Lathor with some dislike, he spoke...

"Lathor...Gloating is an unpleasant trait, what news do you bring?"

Lathor gazed distantly at the man.. he spoke slowly

"Pendar, I bring no news. I wish to see the devastation of your ignorance.. I must say, i am impressed..."

"You think i need two hands? I have burried brothers and bled same as all. Your arrogance as much to blame as me!" replied Pendar.

"And how do you come to that conclusion, Mr. Fayed?"

A man rose from his chair behind Pendar, he asks.."Who is this Figure?"

"He came to warn me of rasmantil, he tore me away from other business and spoke long windedly..i should have listened perhaps. Yet it was beneath him to speak to others"

"Which others Fayed?" says Lathor, somewhat amused.

"I am the only able man on the isle?" replied Pendar.

"You are the only man, whos daughter Rasmantil is concerned with."

"You have just called every man not me incapable and a fool...Now there are three men, so if you have word speak it."

"I did not realise the 13th had three fathers" replied Lathor with a grin "Though let us hope they are not as incompetant as yourself."

Pendar speaks to the stranger next to him.. "I do not know he speaks like this till i lose patience, so i have never know if he holds any value"

"And your impatience is costing lives." replied Lathor "Remind me, how many have fallen these last days?"

"Oh, I am sure your talk would have saved them" says the stranger next to them abrubtly.

"If i want your opinion i'll ask for it stranger"

"May we move to a point lathor" said Pendar, losing patience.

"Of course, lead on."

They walked into the main building of the rose. Into the library. Pendar takes a seat...

"You sit, in my chair Pendar".. says Lathor

"Lathor my hate for you out shines the sun, that you make bold game of this. Do not press me..." whispered Pendar, with anger.

"My apologies, did i give the impression that i cared?" said Lathor "..Now ....the seat Pendar."

Pendar stood, he grinned at the now Bloodstained seat. Lathor rolled his eyes, producing a wand from his robes, with a flick of his wrist the blood disappeared. He smiles and takes a seat.

"Plenty more Flows" said Pendar, with malice.

"Perhaps, but at least not on my chair" replied Lathor.

"Speak.." said Pendar

"I speak when i wish to speak, Not on your demand."

"I leave when i grow bored" replied Pendar

"And your citizens die..."

"we all die these days" sighed Pendar

"But not with such cruelty" replied Lathor.

"I am better informed now, so i have my own solutions. Better them if you can..." said pendar.

Lathor chuckled.

"Better informed? did i hear you correctly..."

Pendars' patience had worn thin, he stood.. "Shall i leave Lathor?"

"By all means please do, i will attend the funerals."

The room grows silent.

"Silence at last" Lathor said, smiling "Yet i will break it with a question"

Pendar looked up.

"Who is Rasmantil Pendar?.. in your eyes"

"A Moshran worshipping dog" replied Pendar abruptly.

Lathor chuckled, obviously bemused by the answer. "Quite the way with words, And how is it you plan to kill him?"

"Not your affair" replied Pendar "you have no part in this islands fate you stated so, I dont even like you let alone trust you"

Lathor rolled his eyes

"Again, i did not realise i gave the impression i cared." he said "Now kindly tell me"

Pendar stood, anger in his eyes "Do not return to my sight"

Lathor smiled "I will be present at Rhiannon's funeral then, i'm sure it will be a joyous occasion"

The two men walked out of the library, lathor headed to the main gate.

"Lathor" Pendar called "The deaths are on you"

Lathor stopped, he spoke without turning "No Pendar, they remain with you. I hope you know a good priest."

Lathor left the castle.
The Executioner

Watching

Rasmantil watched Lathor from the shadows.. He remembered his face, though much older now. ..

He would gain no luck though,that was certain. The citizens of this town were much to paranoid to heed the Elf's advice, and much to rude to earn the Elf's time.

It was time to take the 13th and gain an eternity of Life. He would move fast.. the town would burn until he received her..
Last edited by The Executioner on Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lathor Isakthin

The revenge.

'A follower of rasmantil' Lathor thought to himself, tightly wrapping a fine cloth around his wounded hand, slashed by the lizard Xalliar. 'How dare they accuse him'.

Perhaps he should take revenge. ..
The Executioner

The Death of Nymus

Nymus lay unconcious in the northern forest, tied to a tree. His limp body cut and scratched.. he had been there for days now.. Nightmares and dark thoughts flew around his unconcious mind.

"Why weren't they coming, why was nobody helping?"

A voice rasped from the shadows.. awakening the wounded elf.

"They do not care about such a life.... Kill him."

Several Hooded figures stepped from the shadows, their blades drawn.

They advance on the wounded elf, screams of agony fills the northern forest...
Last edited by The Executioner on Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avareniah

Post by Avareniah »

Avareniah sits at the edge of the river, just south of the Northern Forest. She is writing in a small, well-worn notebook. Suddenly her ears perk up and her quill stops hard on the page. She stands quickly, spinning to face the treeline. Her stomach feels as if in her throat and a sudden cramp takes her. Holding her book against the pain in her abdomen, she manages one word...

Nymus...

She drops the book and runs like a deer to and through the woods, looking for the origin of the yells.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Aloysus darkwater walks through the forest, he looks around suspiciously, the skull mask upon his face, as he seeks to do his master's bidding.

He hears a crack of a twig, and turns quickly; there is a figure in a white robe. He turns to greet it, thinking that his master sent it; and a sword enters his stomach. He looks around blurred; at a grey face, the enemy hisses and stratches him through......
The Executioner

Dark shadows caressed the forest ground, The trees grew long around them. The northern forest grew quiet.

The Girl was missing...he would find her and life would be his
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

(())
Last edited by Faladron on Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meniellant

Post by Meniellant »

Hand pressed heavily on his aching side, Perceval limps away from the river, the laughter, the pain, the shame and embarrasment still swaying in his mind.
"A pack of orcs.. that's all it needs to take you down? Fool." He cursed at himself in thoughts.

His once flawless clothing ruined, his blood spilled and most of his belongings missing, he slowly staggered forward, pondering hard at himself.

"They cought you, Perceval.. they know what you're up to, and if they don't, they're at least smart enough to feel no pity with you"

He frowned at himself clinching his fists, and shaking his head heavily. The time inbetween one footstep and another seemed to last for ages. The landscape around him changed. Small bushes, trees and other plants would've showed him he's heading for the woods, but he didn't care. Deep in thoughts he carried on.

"But they will pay.. all of them.. double and thrice they will pay for what they've done."

A cold grin emerged from his face, blankely he stared at the now narrow path infront of him, leading him deeper and deeper into the woods.

"She slipped once.. but that elfess can't protect her at all times.."

Suddenly he stopped and his face transformed to a grimace of sorrow, pain and hathred. Having walked for hours he could be sure noone was around. He dropped down on his knees and screamed loudly and fiercefully. After that, his chin sank down on his chest and he breathed fast and nervously, then he started to murmur, slowly and low at first, but increasing gradually everytime he repeated the same sentence over and over again.

"Master.. I seek your aid. Let me take revenge."
Meniellant

Post by Meniellant »

"Be quiet for once!"

Bam! Another hard blow against the halflings head, it still didn't keep him from screaming fearfully and loudly. If he would keep this up, soon the whole forrest would be full of people looking for him.

"I'm growing tired of this!"

The hooded figure drew a dagger and struck it right into the halflings chest, after one last scream of pain the halfling grew silent, the dagger in his chest made breathing a lot harder for him so he focussed on staying alive breathing flat and nervously, rather than screaming his lungs out for help. The figure proceeded to tie him to a tree using a rope he prepared. At some point during this procedure the halfling passed out and closed his eyes.

"You're done for.."

The figure chuckled coldly and reached into his pocket. Slowly he pulled a note out of it and shove it into the halflings mouth, then he took a step back to admire his work.

"The master will be pleased.. they'll pay soon enough.."

He crossed his arms and stare at the dreadful sight of the halfling, tied to the tree, gagged with the note, a dagger struck into his chest making him loose blood constantly. Suddenly though he tilted his head. Voices, footsteps. They'll find him. Run. And so he left the halfling quickly trying to avoide much noise, before the voices would come near and find him.
The Executioner

The sky above Tol Vanima had darkened. Shadows loomed menacingly on the leafy floors of the forest.

The whispered silence of trees loomed in the air, the birds ceased to call, the wind ceased to breath, a dark presence had filled the air…Rasmantil needed blood, treacherous blood, elven blood.

Throughout the growth of trees walked an Elf. Tall in stature, noble in face… the world at his feet.

The Elf had his sword drawn, sensing the presence that trespassed on the land of his brothers.

With that Rasmantil struck… a bodiless monster, living in shadow… claiming the 13th.
Thalodos Artemetus

The last stand.

Post by Thalodos Artemetus »

Thalodos lay motionless against a tree in the Vaniman forest, a number 13 carved onto his forehead....

He had felt the familiar dark presence of Rasmantil and he was engulfed by an emotion he rarely felt.. anger. Rasmantil would take no citizen of vanima.. not whilst he felt he could prevent him.

He had searched the forest, his sword drawn, though he knew it was of little use. His eyes strained to peer through what seemed liked endless darkness..

Shadows grew darker around him... and engulfed him....
Misjilah

Post by Misjilah »

Misjilah carefully threads through the woods, her long velvety black dress sweeping the forest floor. She too had felt a dark presence, but did not think too much of it. Now quietly assesing Tol Vanima, she sees that all wildlife, and the natural growth are still as normal. But then, she sees an elf laying against a tree.
She is confused, for she hasn't heared of anyone that might have set out on a journey of some sort. She swiftly scoots over to the elf in question, and stops. It was Thalodos. Some birds were pecking at him, and she quickly drives them away.

"Thalodos....How could this have happened?"

She takes a deep breath, nearly losing her state of emotionless. After a single more glance at his body, she turns her back upon him, quickly returning to the city.