tips?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

amorax_kaka

tips?

Post by amorax_kaka »

does anyone have any tips on how to get a good market in smithing, when i Join, I'm going to go into the smithing trade, and I would like to know some advertising tips and reasonable prices, help would be much appreciated, sorry if this has been aswered or there is information on this elsewhere, if there is another thread like this one, please post a link, thank you.

MY FIRST POST!!! :D
Liles

Post by Liles »

Smithing is expensive to do. Try starting with a easy job that will pay for smithing fees so you don't end up poor and homeless. When you can afford it make swords and sell them, smiths are in high demand and some well paid

Hope this helps,
Liles
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Welcome to the game 8)
We generally encourage players to find this sort of information out in game. Simply as Illarion is role-play centered and discovering this information in game as well as how to smith is a way for your character to make contacts and get to grips with Illarions style of playing.
More over more and more we are seeing little secrets like where the best mining spots are and such. Again it is far more rewarding to find these things out for yourself in game.
Prices vary hugely at the moment how ever upcoming game updates that should see armor quality becoming a real issue should change this as well.

Once again welcome
Brian
amorax_kaka

Post by amorax_kaka »

thanks liles, now this thread is no longer about smithing now this thread is the career options for new players, any recommendations, I'd just like to get a headstart in Illarion if anyone is wondering.

EDIT: and thanks to pendar too.
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

Welcome! Try and keep newbie related questions to the newbie board, so as to make less work for our moderators!

Also, if you need more information about making items and tools, etc, consult this topic:

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=14419.

You can also visit the wonderful Illarion fansite, Ultimate Illarion that can be found in the Links section of our main page.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*cough*

Or try this one... needs a bit of rework.. all i need to do is upload the pages:

http://illarion.il.funpic.de/illarionmain.htm
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

I would have mentioned yours Hadrian, but Fooser has me all paid up until next March. Maybe you should send Alatar a link and a short description of your site, so it can be put up on our homepage.
amorax_kaka

Post by amorax_kaka »

thanks for all the support guys, this brings a tear to my eyes, as normally im flamed within the first five seconds of posting.
Mempriclus

Post by Mempriclus »

amorax_kaka wrote:thanks for all the support guys, this brings a tear to my eyes, as normally im flamed within the first five seconds of posting.
We can facilitate you in that desire if you truly wish it.
Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Post by Jori »

@ Mempriclus LOL :D
Another tip: If you want to be a smith I would recommend a dwarf char because I dont believe that there is any way to get all the smithing tools except as or through a dwarf.
Liles

Post by Liles »

Maybe off another smith...Liles can make smithing tools :D
evilone

Post by evilone »

Liles wrote:Maybe off another smith...Liles can make smithing tools :D
As can my smith char.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Liles wrote:Maybe off another smith...Liles can make smithing tools :D
evyone can if he has the tools already :wink: