Tree cutting

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Shadows

Tree cutting

Post by Shadows »

A cloak figure runs around posting notes in both trolls bane and vanima. The note reads

Dear elves,

Today I cut 60 tree from your dear Vanima soil. Only 4 of them will not regrow. I ask for 5000 copper in coins or I will rid vanima of trees one by one. You have two days before I take my shovel and hatchet and saw back to Vanima

2 days is all.

This note is pinned in by a chunk of wood, from Vanima
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Where did you find the energy to cut sixty trees in one day? Amazing...

F
Shadows

Post by Shadows »

You will find me to be quite an amazing man.

2 days 'till the lumber starts dropping
Athian

Post by Athian »

threatening elves with tree cutting is much like trying to drain the ocean with a goblet, rather pointless, they live as part of there wood and will easily replant what you do Damage to, the only thing you'll manage from this endeavor is the danger of being caught, with this rather pointless attempt to gain a bit of copper your better off working for. and when you do get caught i doubt they will be to happy with you.

Athian
Shadows

Post by Shadows »

Ah dear Athian, you see you can not catch what is not there.

And I'm sure my followers would be pleased to burn down Vanima aswell as the forests.
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

The elf's care not for thier forests, i would imagine you could take the wood which you have lumbered and sell it to one of the many elven carpenters. The elder race lost thier path in times long past. Material gain seems the only motivation for those who were once majestic.

Dravish
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

although i have only been in vanima once ... its a great sight
why destroy it? ... theres no gain in it if you destroy it and get away you will be hunted down if you get caught
if they where to pay you you wold be hunded down also...
why dont you just make a living like any normal person... in time they earn lots more then you will doing this
surely you are more wise then this?

Signed:
Kevin Lightdot
Llama

Post by Llama »

I'm sure that if any of my brothers find you cutting down the trees, we will make sure that you hang by the trees itself.

May Oldra kill your crops and Malachin kill your family; and may the 5 convert you to the evil creature you are, and allow you to be hunted down by the strongest.

An angry elf who desires to watch you die
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

As written, the elfs have lost thier path. They walk closer to i than they could imagine.

Dravish
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

A raven is perched atop the wall, picking idly with its beak at a new parchment added to the others in reply:
  • It is the essence of this very material plane
    where only the brightest light can cast the deepest shadow
The message was left unsigned.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Closer to you abomination of the dead? Never...

You hunt the innocent, the elves hunt the hunters of the innocent.

May the paladins hunt you down and scatter the dust from the bones

An angrier elf
Dravish

Post by Dravish »

Im far from dead, and to walk the path needs not the forsaken one's guidance. Your words speak your soul well enough.

Dravish
Llama

Post by Llama »

An you suggest that you understand my soul better than i do? He who killed his own friends?

May Zhambra curse you....

And you may not be dead... but you aren't alive either.

Return to your grave evil one...

A name was slit in the paper with a dagger, the word 'elf' can be made out.. but nothing more
Thalodos Artemetus

Post by Thalodos Artemetus »

Dear Stranger,

I would personally like to meet you. I have no intentions of violence towards you but i would like to speak with you. Perhaps you could share youmotivations for ccutting the forest? unless of course it is just for personal gain.

I am sure we could come to an arrangement on neutral soil.

Please, feel free to send me a dove so we could discuss this like men, not small children running around casting threats.

I await your letter

Yours sincerly

~Thalodos Artemetus~
Tinechor en Vanima
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

... looks like Dravish is right.
although that doesent mean i approve his ways.
But he IS right.

Signed:
Kevin Lightdot
Thalodos Artemetus

Post by Thalodos Artemetus »

Dravish speaks of which he does not understand. He hides his own guilt by dealing it out to others.

I am not worried by Dravish's comments, nor do i beleive them to be true.
I am surprised that citizens even listen to his angered words. He has shown little to deserve that right at any rate.

~Thalodos Artemetus~
Tinechor en Vanima
Llama

Post by Llama »

This letter is written in a different handwriting to the above ones

Dear Kevin

Agreeing with Dravish is the first step towards joining the dark side... I can assure you that i will cut you down myself should this happen

There are claw marks on the edges of the paper, and the signature is written in lizard
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Im meerly stating it ...
I shall never join him
My stomach was ripped open becous of him!

Signed:
Kevin Lightdot
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Threatening friends of Dravish, or this desperate lumberjack is dark and evil. All fair people will know that they cannot argue to argue, they must weigh each arguement fairly. Dravish is right, the elven race has lost it's path, when an elven man can pray to Malachin to kill off the family of one who cuts down trees, they do not die when they are cut, nay, their spirit is not in the single trunk just like it is not in a single leaf, the spirit of a tree is in the forest that surrounds it; in the soil it breeds in and the river it feeds from. Trees can grow back, they can survive, their spirit can always live on, longer then elves. But a life, human, dwarf whichever can not be replaced nay, a human life is individualistic, whereas trees stay together and live the same life together, a human life, a single life can change far more. Til elves can recognize what a single life can do, they will forever be in the spiral decline that Dravish has followed.

Garett Gwenour
Llama

Post by Llama »

Dear Garett;

All life is equal...
And this person hasn't cut down a tree by mistake, he wishes to kill the whole forest.

And the trees are sacred; should we destroy the shrines you set, or despoil the statue of tanora; we are sure we will meet with the same answer that we have given.

An elf
Caitlin Fergus

Post by Caitlin Fergus »

Caitlin, who rarely is seen these days in town, passes by the town board.
She narrows her eyes a little as she reads the threat of cutting down the trees on Vanima.
Rocking her son in her arms lovingly she ponders about a reply, but changes her mind.
Gently shaking her head and with a frown she heads back homewards.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

He does not wish to kill the whole forest, he wishes money. Material goods, no matter the cost is well worth a single life.

Garett Gwenour

*written in elvish*

Why do you hide your name?
Caitlin Fergus

Post by Caitlin Fergus »

Caitlin pins a small note to the board.

"Yet you seem to forget one thing. The forests are protected by the forest trolls. Do damage to them intentionally and you may regret it.

They will be warned.

Caitlin Fergus
"

She nods slightly to herself and rocks her son gently before she makes her way out of the south gate and heads towards the south forest.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Dear Garette

The tree's lives are worth as much as his, for all life is to be protected and is sacred.

Money is worth less than the life, however we *elvish* may not allow him to blackmail and control us *elvish*

Written in elvish
I do not want Dravish's wrath to fall upon me, and neither do i wish to be hunted down... I am no fool
Calilmal

Post by Calilmal »

"It is with great regret that I post on this issue. Listen to this Dravish, you are not as powerfull as you want to be, nor as you think you are. You are damaged by the holy power of prayers in your current state of undeath.
To the dear angry elf: Do not let anger control your moves, this is the first step in on the dark path. If you wish to do anything about this matter, please do plant more trees and use less wood yourself. Yes, I know who you are, yet I won't speak your name on these boards.
To Caitlin: You are right as allways.
To Garret Gwenour: You are also right, but still a bit wrong. There are still elves who know the ways of the old ones, though I am not one of them.
Thalodos, I would want to join this meeting if I could since I might prove to be usefull in any way..
"

Stay well and out of trouble, all of you.
Calilmal, Priestess of Sirani