Warriors of the Forest

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Warriors of the Forest

Post by Llama »

((Edit> This thread is meant to be pieces of parchments in a public place; however they are in elvish... please continue to write elvish... Also don't post please if your character has no VALID knowledge of Elvish... orcs please do not post due to the bug))

Written in Elvish

This new group is for elves only, elves willing to respect the values they have been taught, and willing to fight for what they beleive in.

Details will be added in time, when this group is activated.

Activation will result from having 6 supporters ready to join the group once it starts.

Please write below if I have the support...

An elf
This is all that matters[/i]
Last edited by Llama on Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
SchwertTaifun Ryo

Post by SchwertTaifun Ryo »

What would be these 'values' we're ought to be taught?

I've been taught,that we elves are the superior race! That's only one thing,but the elves on this island are totally different.So keeping that 'value' and your group won't be different from all the other elves~

Acknowledging this fact and I'm in.

E.Isyndril~
Llama

Post by Llama »

A rather good point... and I will answer it:

We elves are a better race, granted purity of form, and long lives: however we must not forsake the purity of mind and soul.

We must respect life, and protect it to its fullest, we must take care of the forests which our fathers had planted and lived upon. We must open the eyes of those who insult our brothers and sisters and their beleifs. Some elves fail to respect this; and we must teach them what is right and let them back into the fold. We must also never insult other races because we beleive them to be less perfect than us, for you might be surprised at what you underestimate.

Vanima will be our home and we will protect it from all that threaten it, for there is no center more important.

An Elf; An Equal; A Brother
A stamp of a green tree is below

4 more must clear their minds, and join us; and we will inaugurate this group
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

An Elf; An Equal; A Brother
As a member of your "superior race" I feel alot discriminated by your words here. Its not much superior to discriminate women. I hope you don't really think an elven man is better than an elven woman.

Your ideas don't fit to the true way of the elven race. And that is balance between everything, and to comply with everything, also other races. Grow up and learn the true way, children.

~An elfess~
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Your ideas don't fit to the true way of the elven race. And that is balance between everything, and to comply with everything, also other races. Grow up and learn the true way, children.
That is the way implemented by our elders, and it was never acknowledged by the gods, or whomever, to be the true way. I wish you would stop being so naïve "elfess".
They do have a point, they provide arguments, yet you give insufficient counterarguments, and your points is totally biased, because you wish to suck up to the elders you adore so much. I do hope you will not instignate violence, because the previous post you made most certainly does show hostility.

Quenmi Daval
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

As a Elder of ouer holy home Tol Vanima i am be shamed of you words, anonymus brother. To think, to be better than other races isnt the way of the ancident spirits, it is the way of an orc who dosent know it better, but not of an elf.
I will set cleaer that radical fanatics like these "warriors" have absolutly no support of the Elders and i am sure that the most elf's agreed. If this racist thinking, they can found any kind of radical warriorgroup on the holy ground of Tol Vanima they be at fault. The elfes of Tol Vanima will never accept that racist act at there home.

Djironnyma

---

Als ein Elder unserer heiligen Heimat Tol Vanima bin ich beschämt über euere Worte, unbekannter Bruder. Zu denken, besser zu sein als andere Rassen, ist nich der Weg der uralten Geister, es ist der eines Orkes, der es nicht besser weiß, nicht der eines Elfes.
Ich will klarstellen das radikale fanatiker wie diese "Krieger" nicht die geringste unterstützung der Elder haben und ich bin sicher die meisten Elfen sehen es gleich. Wenn dies Rassisten denken, sie können irgendeine radikale Kriegergruppe auf dem heiligem Boden von Tol Vanima gründen haben sie sich gewaltig geirrt. Die Elfen von Tol Vanima werden niemals Rassisten in ihrer Heimat zulassen.

Djironnyma
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I wish to call upon all elves who think the power, grace, and publical appearance of the elders is waning. I suggest a vote for either new elders, or a totally different system of goverment, because this does not appear to work. The elders are forgiving to the ones who have earned no forgiveness, the elders lack a sort of face in this world, no one looks upon the elves with respect, or in somewhat awe, because of what the elders have "accomplished".
Maybe we should consider making elves more our center of attention, instead of this human/orc/dwarf/halfling/lizard loving society we now are. The elders, in my opinion, are done for.

Quenmi Daval
Llama

Post by Llama »

Dear anonymous elfess... did you for one second think that should i call myself a sister mean that i am female? I did not call males more supirour than females; and neither do I beleive in it.

And there is a reason for my anonymosity... I form part of a guild, though am unhappy at lack of support in it; I will not step forth to risk all I have for nothing.

Also dear elder, I am not a fanatic, I do not hunt orcs for pleasure... yet you fail to beleive that elves are superior... who else has lived for longer years in piece with nature?

I did not say that the elves are perfect... we are more physically well made to survive for longer years.

Also fellow writers and fellow elves.. do I have all your support?

Below are some rules...

Warriors of the Forest: Rules

Leadership
There will be no single Leader, instead a council of 5 elves will decide on the important issues by matter of voting. Each of these 5 elves will be assigned a name and a responsible position: General, Diplomancy, Supplies, War, Members. These will be discussed furthur on. The council is to be changed every 3 months ((1 IG month)), or as decided by a vote around the council.
Important issues will always be dealth with by a vote, however the counciller in charge of that section will get a double-vote. In other words, if an important diplomatic problem arises which requires a general vote, the elf in charge of Diplomancy will be able to vote twice. Where there is no direct counciller, as in case of new laws; then all will share equal votes.

Council Members
General> This will be the counciller which has attainted the most votes; he will take care that all councillers are doing their jobs, and will be responsable for naming the council positions themselves. For the first month, I will remain as General, but am liable to be changed at the next election
Diplomancy> Responsable for relationships with other guilds, an emissary. Preferably must be a person with a lot of friends so as we can choose good allies.
Supplies > Will handle all the supplies including money owed and required to be bought by the guild. Preferably a veteran who has good knowledge of supplies and what is required.
War> Will handle training, weapon requirments and tactics during and before combat. Preferably a good fighter.
Members> Any new memebers must be accepted by this counciller, and any disiplianry actions, tests to join and to check that all voting is done correctly is his or her responsabilty.

Fighting
Fighting is to be kept to a minimum, only when a life has to be saved should fighting take place. All life must be respected, even that of an orc or animal. Animals must not be hunted for food; Oldra has given us enough food as it is. Undead may be hunted freely however, and most guild training hunts must be directed towards them. Any money or goods gained from guild hunts must be shared, and 1/4 of it donated to the guild. In the case of artifacts, the person to destroy the creature carrying it is the right owner.

Tactics
Tactics for particular battles are to be discussed by the military counciller. However there is one main tactic...An elves life is too precous to risk, so the tactic is mostly hit quickly and run into the forests. This is not the cowardace of an assassin, bravery is important as well, however it must not take place over intellegence. Leave the "bravery" to the knights. For this case, high damage weapons and distance weapons are invaluable

Weapons
Light armor is a must, it is impossible to run with platemail; and the tactic will fail miserably. As for weapons,any may be used; however they must be fitting for an elf, we are neither orcs neither dwarves to use double axes. Drow blades, Drow bows, Unholy shields will lower our honour, so dispose of them. Also, our fathers mastered the bow and battlestaff to such a degree that they are known as elven bows and elven battlestaffs; we must continue their honour... every member must be profeciant in either bows, or battlestaffs; apart from any other fighting skills. Both may be obtained for free from me.

Positions
Guild Carpenter > Present
Guild Smith> Absent
Guild Healer> Absent
Fighters>

We need to fill them up...

End of Rules

A stamp of a green tree is below