Idea's

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Talaena Landessi

Idea's

Post by Talaena Landessi »

Just a proposal from me ^_^

I think that there should be more of a penalty for PvP. Say a three death rule, if you die three times from PvP you have a 50% chance every death after that for it to be a perm death (from PvP only of course)

Also Dying period in PvP should drop all skills down at least 15% if not more, i would prefere more somewhere around 50%.

PvM shouldnt have ANY punishment besides two or three of the most expensive items on person dropping.

Your bag counts as one of those items, but, the value of the bag + its contents is how to determine weather or not the bag is to drop or not.

This came from the fact that when you want someone gone they shouldnt come back, say an assassin. The assassin isnt going to get paid for an assassination if the person isnt DEAD which makes things real hard.When you have a character who hates another and wants to kill them or have them killed its not going to make them happy untill the person is dead which is hard to make happen becouse you go to the cross and your back. it will also keep some of those annoying newbs from irratating the hell out of people to the point where they are killed just to come back from the cross to irratate the person more knowing they will get killed again and soon it might be thier last death.

Id also like to see a knockout system for PvP so when you dont want to kill them but they are in no way cooperating you can lower them to a certain amount of heath and they are unable to move by themselves untill they regain heath

Example of a ransom situation.

Nick the brigand walks along the outskirts of trolls bane; he sees a weathy merchant. The weathy merchant passes by unknowing of Nicks intentions. Nick attacks the merchant. The merchant tries to fend off the brigand but nick is to strong. The merchant flee's with nick behind him hitting him with a weapon. The merchant stumbles afte a crushing blow (he has reached 1/8th health) and he falls and cant move (effect of health bieng so low) Nick binds the merchants hands and feet and drags the merchant away for ransom. (move him manually, still hard and slow so someone can save the person but still better then the current)

I have more idea's but im tired and im going to sleep, first day of school tomarro *gags*

PS im not a PvP monger, but when i do i dont want it to be for nothing.
SchwertTaifun Ryo

Post by SchwertTaifun Ryo »

Only flaw: There are still some PlayerKiller out of there,that aren't searching for good reasons to kill someone.So,by meeting such a player by coincidence and he kills you without reason,you lose a lot of skill~

Do you think he is lucky about that? I rather would say,he's sick of it and quits~ 50% of skill is a loooot.Imagine someone who's got quite good after some time.This will cost him some months,if not years of time he spent.Though it's a rp-game in first place,skills are necessary at some places.Just because its a GAME.And we are paying for it.Not with cash,but with time.And time is just as valueable as money.Noone can bring it back!

I'd rather would like to know what the develepors think of doing with the PvP system.The unconcious-system,in turn, sounds nice.If I'm right,something like this has been tested some years ago.I didn't find it that bad~
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Hell no, for obvious reasons.
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

No no and No.

If this rule was implimented, then i can imagine people would get angry at each other for losing half their skills, and then going on a rampage multi-killing over and over again, so at a point person A will have lost language skill.

Just really, a horrible sugestion with too many kinks and downfalls to count.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

:lol: A good joke, maybe we will see who has a real sense of humor around here.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

This comes down to play maturity I have never expected some one dead with in illarion. Instead I pay bounties to have them sent to the cross, read the front page and this becomes clear no crime is worth killing some one for twice. Unfortunately we as players seem unable to adhere to this, so res-killing occurs in many forms.
Personally I get some one killed or kill them and leave the issue trusting them will keep away from me, or got there slap on the wrist for wronging me.
Now if the player would just forget about me for 4 months and find some new targets or adversaries perhaps reappearing in the decent future we would skip this issue.
The issues only comes to bear when I kill some one so they attack my non skilled friend or kidnap my “X”.
Much the same as if some one kills me I will endeavor to avoid the dangerous man who is better than me.
Whole issue gets turned ass backwards when you get into town bans and repelling intruders yet that has always spawned worst rp for everyone since this game began.

I can see why you want such a system, how ever this game still has to much pking, reskilling and other “sillyness” to make it work.
I hope in time various solutions for death can be found yet non so punitive,
Brian
Galim

Post by Galim »

Also Dying period in PvP should drop all skills down at least 15% if not more, i would prefere more somewhere around 50%.
Crazy? That will destroy gamefun alot because a craftmen just have to pay some coins to a warrior, or just ask a friendwarrior, so that he goes, kills the other craftmen who destroyes his business and that guy loses 50 % of skills for which he played month! Do you think that player will continue playing?

Do you think it is fun when some idiot ingame goes on rampage and kills every nonfighter around like that dwarf did it a few days ago and you losses all your hard earned abilitys?

That idea is not good.

And we don't want even TALK about your permanent death idea. We don't want give other players the possibility to kill your char forever, seriously.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

No, please.

If something like a "permanent dead" caused by other players is implemented, people would most likely think twice how to behave in certain situations, yes.
But on the other hand, one could get killed for about everything then and I personally don't want to burry my characters because of reasons like "He greeted that man too cheerful"
"He glanced at that orc" "He picked an apple that lizard wanted to pick".

Scenarios like that might happen, and I don't want to see my character trashed over a reason like that, after building him up for months.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

It is true that many people take death too lightly. But I still think those proposals are too radical.

I think the problem is rather that revival is almost instantaneous. That could be changed by
- having a minimum dead time before the player can be revived again. Mabe even up to a full day of RL. Rising from the dead isn't all that easy. And if you can't play a dead character for 24h there is some penalty.
- put the cross somewhere else. The cross is just too easy to reach. If you put it in some distant mythical place so that it just takes a while to get there and back, you'd also think about getting killed too many times.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Or the dead are teleported to their god's places and passed throught the tests like of moonsilver :)
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Problem. What if my character doesn't worship any particular god?

And Nop, perhaps it is a bad idea to essentially stop a player having fun for a while. Perhaps the character should simply be very weakened for a period of time. Some of us like to RP our character's various injuries after losing a fight.
Llama

Post by Llama »

1) That would be a pointless lack of RP... But it would be better if teh moonsilver thing actually meant something.. Maybe the god justs asks them a few questions...

2) Good point, you ARE left with 0 health afterwards
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Lack of worship is NOT a pointless lack of RP. What if your character thinks the gods are not worth worshipping? What if he or she feels that the gods have betrayed him or her?
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

I think the "Trial of the gods" idea is a good penanlty. If anyone has played Max Payne with the trail of blood part in his dream, I think it should be sort of like that.
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

No. NPCs are not that complicated yet. It would take too long to compile a list of acceptable answers.
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

I just ment that you should have to follow a path that you can fall off. The path is like a maze and some tiles of the floor are 'not there' so you fall through them too. Bit hard to explain
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

A 'trial of the gods' wouldn't fit into everyone's RP. In fact, I'm about positive there are more chars that have forsaken the gods or just don't care about them than there are those that are devoted. Quin would never... EVER subject herself to something like that. Proper RP would have you play a wounded char after a KO. You'd also have to take into account that certain races heal faster than others physically. You can't generalize the game's RP with gods worshiping, each char is played individually and should be treated as such. If you want to RP a 'trial of the gods' for your devoted chars then you go ahead and do that. Just because the gods exist in Illarion doesn't mean everyone has to believe in them or bow down. They can go on without the acknowledgement of the majority. They have so far...
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

Quinasa wrote:Just because the gods exist in Illarion doesn't mean everyone has to believe in them or bow down.
But when they die what happens? They are ressurected by the holy cross. The Gods do exist and i'm sure in a life threatening situation every character would at least hope for a miracle.
Llama

Post by Llama »

umm Question.. why is it a cross? If none of the characters are Christian?
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I don't RP that my chars 'die', thats (imo) stupid. "Oh look, yesterday I was killed and now I'm alive, third time this week!" How freaking lame, really now. I RP that my chars were knocked out, brutally wounded and in need of attention. There was only ONE time where I RP'd a char's death and brought her back to life but that was partly a GM controlled quest. I'm not saying that Quin, or any of my other chars wouldn't pray for a miracle, but every time my char gets KO'd I'm not going to have them forget themselves and beg for the mercy of the gods. Uh uh no way. In order to do that I'd have to change the way I RP and accept that when I'm a puff I'm dead. I don't want to become a zombie that RPs just like everyone else and the idea you're supporting is a step toward making that inevitable.

You're proposing or supporting this idea thinking that every person thinks like you. You have to take into account that everyone sees everything differently. We all RP differently, but for a char to die and be brought back to life should be a personal player quest, not an every-time-someone-gets-knocked-out-occurance.

EDIT@Hadrian- A cross isn't just for Christians, its a universal holy symbol. Its not used in every religion but its recognizable to everyone as something some deity somewhere holds sacred.
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

Wow quninisa were you brought up or dragged up?

Really now. There is no need to be so sarcastic and hatefull in your posts. Just take a breather and relax, maybe have hot drink, put your feet up. Do whatever gets you in a good mood, then post.

Anyway if you want to be an individual, why not get away from the "I'm KO'd when i'm a cloud" state of mind and make something up yourself like some of us here are trying to do.
You're proposing or supporting this idea thinking that every person thinks like you.
Clearly not because if everyone else thought like me this would have been suggested and implemented when the game was first released. I mean how fecking lame is that?! :P

when I'm a puff I'm dead
Homophobic? Hahaha, just kidding
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

One of my characters has no notice of the existance of gods, nor believes people who tell him there are.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

This doesn't make sense,

PvP- possibility for perm death
PvM- no possibility for perm death

Why treat them different? If anything, you are more likely to perm die with a monster (especially if you're alone), rather than being killed by a person, possibly with more people watching who could help.

Secondly, I think any system that takes away the players right to decide the time of their characters death is crap. Why are there real players here?
Galim

Post by Galim »

- having a minimum dead time before the player can be revived again. Mabe even up to a full day of RL. Rising from the dead isn't all that easy. And if you can't play a dead character for 24h there is some penalty.
- put the cross somewhere else. The cross is just too easy to reach. If you put it in some distant mythical place so that it just takes a while to get there and back, you'd also think about getting killed too many times
you want to make it more hard? it is already TOO hard yet! Ever thought of the skilloss while that? ever thought it is NO fun flying around as a cloud which can do nothing and search a damn cross? or that it is no fun stopping playing for a whole day because you are a cloud that can do nothing, not even talk with others?
Llama

Post by Llama »

You can always whisper...

Never mind... it IS hard enough as it is...

RE: beleif in gods... > hmm, good for a DEBATE... right misj?
Galim

Post by Galim »

The whole ideas here aren't for making illa more fun, just for making it more pain for the players. so they are all senseless and not good for the game.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Ever thought of the skilloss while that?
No skilloss. Just spend a longer time as a ghost, afterwards you're your full self again. No loss of skills or items.

But a death should be considered an interruption to everyday life. :-)
Galim

Post by Galim »

but no interruption to the fun of the player. or it would be an ooc punishment for playing.
Markous

Post by Markous »

Skillloss should be once you go a cloud and that's it, until you revive.

Skillloss over time being a ghost is not good.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

The way the death/KO system is now gives players the chance to decide which direction their RP is going. Changing it would be like making the decision for them, forcing them into an even more compromising position. You don't need to change the way things are, some players just need to take into account that they were just seriously wounded and need some downtime. I haven't seen as much training-die-training-die-training going on as I did in the old client, in fact I'm sure I haven't seen any so I've no recent examples.
Fooster wrote:Secondly, I think any system that takes away the players right to decide the time of their characters death is crap. Why are there real players here?
The same is true for not only perma-death but for diversity in RP and chances for people who have this as a weak-spot to learn and adapt and get better.... if you're going to do everything for us then why should we even play? Might as well take up a FF game as character development wouldn't be up to you anymore.