Night/day

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Thalodos Artemetus

Night/day

Post by Thalodos Artemetus »

Just a small suggestion.
It occured to me it's impossible to rp whether it is night and day on a large scale.

I.e

#me looks up into the sky, the stars glinting in his eyes

Someone 666: what the hell are you on? it's the middle of the day!

To save any confusion, perhaps a some text could appear below the clock signalling either 'night' or 'day', rotating every few hours.

Edit:since this is a new thread, how about more decidous trees, it's hard enough making arrows as it is.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I agree with the clock... as some users are americans, what is day to them is night to us...

RE: decidous trees i agree... :oops:
Dónal Mason

Post by Dónal Mason »

Perhaps some sort of command that could be used to determine the general time of day, such as morning and afternoon will be useful.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

It would be easy to make a item, that tells you the current IG time...but how to RP such a item? oO
Llama

Post by Llama »

Personally i'd prefer if i sundial be placed near the clock. showing the INGAME time... it'll be better so you can meet at exact times IG... and half those hours will be night

Or what if they just edit the screen, increase blue colour to make it look night...
Thalodos Artemetus

lol, i think your missing the point.
Two commands- night and day, it doesn't have to be down to the last second.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Personally i'd prefer if i sundial be placed near the clock. showing the INGAME time... it'll be better so you can meet at exact times IG... and half those hours will be night
A change of the client would be needed....
Ellaron

Post by Ellaron »

Day, evening and night get my vote.
More trees not needed, more arrows per plank is.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Uhm about this command idea...

It doesn't have to be an item it could just be a command which tells you where the sun is i.e. :

!time

- The sun has just risen and the horizon still glows in a warm shade of red-

!time

- It is a clear night and stars can be spotted all across the sky -

Let the message change every... I don't know how long one IG day is, but I think using the real Illarion calendar would mess things up somehow (talks would go on for days, etc., if you walk out of town to gather some wood you return 3 days later... not good >.>)

So there's another time frame to be found I guess, I could be wrong though and the Illarion Time could work.
Thalodos Artemetus

Ellaron wrote:More trees not needed, more arrows per plank is.
Or a little bit of both :D
Ziel Oden

Post by Ziel Oden »

Fal has my vote.

More trees! Its not all about the damn arrows. :idea:
Llama

Post by Llama »

There are only about 23 trees to the south of Trollsbane.. all you need is one person to cut them all down.. and they take a few minutes to refresh... :oops:

COuld we also have tree stages or something.. not stump then all of a sudden... tree
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

GEEXAS. If you really want or need more wood, just walk a LITTLE further in any direction from town. North and West of town, especially, have many trees. Many trees. Quite many. Just a little further south, there are many trees. Many trees. So many, the huge, enormous green forest trolls can hide in there :P . If you're spending X amount of time constantly making wooden items and working on that carpentry skill, an extra little hike in the woods shouldn't eat up that many more minutes. *sardonic giggle*.

As for the night and day considering, I've always thought about this before, but I think there have been many mentions of it, so I never said anything else. A general way of finding out Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Etc. seems to be a rather good idea, clean and simple. All you need is the basic period of day, right?

Having a specific time and calendar date seems a little too complicated for what we could already use now. It might also cause some headache for the programmers :wink: .
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

It isn't that simple to get wood for most carpentry items, especially arrows. Because the fir trees, as grow in the forests, are not the right kind of tree... you have to have decisuous wood, which means, Appletrees. And there aren't that many of them.
Delakaniam
Location: We have to believe in free will. We have no choice.

Post by Delakaniam »

Hehehe, that's really funny, because for a time, the island was littered with so many apple trees, I think Irania's board location was something like, "Does anyone else think Illarion should be called APPLE ISLAND?!" :wink: .
Llama

Post by Llama »

The problem is.. either way.. how much wood can you carry?

Unless of course you risk going far away with thread and make them on location... 30 thread costs 90 coins.. that would make you a clear target.. and you cant chop trees down with armor, so you would take a lot of damage at once b4 you react...
Erart Ridoc

Post by Erart Ridoc »

More arrows per planks are needed. And we dont want to get into the tree planting phaze again. I can remember when I made a maze bout the size of elizas shop out of trees. Then people came and chopped them all down because it was so easy to get wood from my maze
Llama

Post by Llama »

Sooner or later... you will be able to plant trees...

So you have to solve the problem yourself

However...
checkers

Post by checkers »

if you want deciduous wood if you head north of the northern forest there are hundreds of apple and cherry trees there that could help you, but the problem is you'd need someone to protect you getting to and from.
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Both problems - number of arrows and planting trees - are already solved and being tested at the moment. Just be patient.