Bars under Characters

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Trenton

Bars under Characters

Post by Trenton »

What do those bars underneath the characters and animals stand for?
For example, the red, green, blue and yellow. :oops:
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Only to distinguish different characters from each other.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I always wanted to ask the same question. I do not really see some use to it. And this is the only reason?
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I believe they used to have a purpose a long time ago but since I have been playing they served no purpose. I always turn them off since they detract from the "real" feeling of being in character. I don't have a blue line under my feet and neither should Quin.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Mine is yellow. =3 Mellow yellow.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I beleive they are connected to the amount of skills the character has, all new characters start off green....
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:I beleive they are connected to the amount of skills the character has, all new characters start off green....
No. At least not in the last client. I have them permanently off, because they seem to cause me some lag and generally annoy me.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

I have a red bar under myt feet, so should my character :D
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

do they ever change?
Erart Ridoc

Post by Erart Ridoc »

Actually bars used to be a good example of a characters health lvl, How many health points total they had. Now it appears random
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

they should make the color represent health. it'd be more realistic than geussing.
Erart Ridoc

Post by Erart Ridoc »

Um, the game isnt about health, you dont know how many health points you have
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Yeah you do. That's why you have a gauge for your health. :roll:

Others can't see it, of course.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Good use of #me display a characters health perfectly well. Would be useless in battle situations as with potions and healing spells it would just be bouncing up and down constantly.
Brian
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

so being able to tell if a character is Healthy, hurt, badly wounded or near death is unrealistic? Seems realistic to me, you'd be able to tel lthat normally and it'd be good for seeing monster's health too. It'd also be good for battle, so you'd see if you were being killed more then he was killing you so you could run knowing it's hopeless ;).
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

If someone swipes half your health in one hit, your odds are slim to hopeless. ;)
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

falco1029 wrote:they should make the color represent health. it'd be more realistic than geussing.
You can see the point of your health in your toolbar and you got messages.
The-Puppeteer

Post by The-Puppeteer »

Messages??
But do we get messages of the enemy's health?
Sure this might not be important for players to have a health bar, but for monsters, atleast a message which says. "Demon spits some blood" or something like that. I know that the game doesn't want to much focus on the battle, but it would be nice with some cool messages from the monster which results in some kind of result. Like: "Demon slams your close to lifeless body into the ground and feasts on you corpse", when you die... It would sure put some more life into to the monsters..
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Arien, I meant it more for seeing others health. Knowing your own doesnt help much when you wish to see someone else's status
Llama

Post by Llama »

Hmm they are very good ideas, someone should propose them in the PROPOSALS section:::

However they SAID that they were going to change it a bit, and allow the character to get a view of the person's equipment, and approx. age... so i hope they also give an approx. health as well...
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

falco1029 wrote:Arien, I meant it more for seeing others health. Knowing your own doesnt help much when you wish to see someone else's status
Sorry, I misunderstood. But that's an idea for the proposal board.
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

gee, if only someone with mod abilities could move it there. *glares*
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Pendar wrote:Good use of #me display a characters health perfectly well. Would be useless in battle situations as with potions and healing spells it would just be bouncing up and down constantly.
Brian
Rule #1 : Don't trust the player, apparently :wink:
Llama

Post by Llama »

RE: bouncing up and down, not with this new client; eating and potions just increase the rate it increases, not fill it up instantly...

ALso: the bars dont show the skill... my new char was given a yellow bar, and a totally new person was given a blue one.. their use remains a mystery/
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

These bars never change their color. It has been speculated if they could show an average of your characters attributes, but the staff constantly denies this.
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Hmm, maybe an average of a certain group of the attributes?

<shifty eyes>
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

I have a theory...

I think one colour represents high strenght, one is for high defence and the other is for a ballenced character. every character of mine has a yellow bar, and all their stats were almost exactly the same. :roll:
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

RE: bouncing up and down, not with this new client; eating and potions just increase the rate it increases, not fill it up instantly...
Just you wait bud, when strong healing potions,food potions and cakes are available. Combine them all...well suffice to say I have fought people bounceing like a crack addict one pay day :P
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

I've been a GM for about..a month now. I've been a player for three years. In all that time I never thought anything about those bars, other than they are used to differentiate characters. Back in ye olden days, when avatars shared the same graphic, for example, when female halflings were the same as male ones and such, the colour bar was used to differentiate between multiple characters on screen, to facilitate easier roleplay.

So no. The colour bar is the equivalent of a vestigial limb...

..as far as I know.
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

By the creating of the chars, the color bar is randomly put to the chars.
That's all.