Reading books?

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sitadel

Reading books?

Post by Sitadel »

How do i read books with the new client , usually i just use shift with it , but it doesent work , so please can i get some help?
Sitadel

Post by Sitadel »

oh , it was just laggy
Llama

Post by Llama »

I also have a problem....

each time i READ a book, usually the same 'page' is read....

how do you make the character read what comes after?
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

See the little counter at the bottom of the screen? The page you read corresponds with the number displayed on the counter. Move the counter up or down to read other pages.
Kyanna

Post by Kyanna »

I am also confused about books....ive tried the instructions on the manual, but i'm either doing something wrong or its out of date.... :oops: please help me... step by step would be nice :lol:
Aagoth

Post by Aagoth »

1) Shift-Click the bookcase and select your book.
2) Shift-Click the book (Shoudl be on the ground now)
3) Adjust counter at the bottom of your screen to whatever page you want to read.
4) Shift-Click Bookcase and Book (To put it back dont want to tleave a mess now do you? :D )

Hope this helps!
Aagoth
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Aagoth wrote:1) Shift-Click the bookcase and select your book.
2) Shift-Click the book (Shoudl be on the ground now)
3) Adjust counter at the bottom of your screen to whatever page you want to read.
4) Shift-Click Bookcase and Book (To put it back dont want to tleave a mess now do you? :D )

Hope this helps!
Aagoth
And you can't read the book, when you stand on the book. Logical, or? :wink:
Aagoth

Post by Aagoth »

Oops fergot to add that part! :oops:

Hehe, well make sure to move away from it..
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Also, last time I tried all bookshelves who stand north or east of a wall are useless. All books appear on the same floor tile in front of the shelf. And with these shelves this place is inside a wall...
Llama

Post by Llama »

Those book sheleves... you need to stand in an akward position to USE them... to one side.,,, so you face a piece of the wood
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Kyanna, could you please change your location thing in your profile? Maybe place that link in the homepage section of your profile? It is seriously messing up the board a little.
Kyanna

Post by Kyanna »

oops, i think i put that in the wrong place...sry :oops: i meant to put it as the homepage...

nother question:
some books (that have titles) i've taken out and put on the ground, but then it won't let me read them...i can't even move the books...i dont know why thats happening...
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Do not stand on the books. Then select a page number using the counter (lower middle of game screen) and shift-click the book.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Kyanna wrote:i can't even move the books...i dont know why thats happening...

You cant move the books... neither pick them up for that matter
Calipsa

Post by Calipsa »

This is probably pointless, because the books probably go back on the shelf after a while by themselves. I don't know I haven't stuck around to find out. But I hate leaving a mess around. I've tried all kinds of combinations to put the books back, and it never works. A little help please?
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Calipsa wrote:This is probably pointless, because the books probably go back on the shelf after a while by themselves. I don't know I haven't stuck around to find out. But I hate leaving a mess around. I've tried all kinds of combinations to put the books back, and it never works. A little help please?
It may seem, that they go back, but technically they disappear like all other items, laying to long on the ground.
To put books back, use books with bookshelf (remember, only one of the two squares, where the shelf stands is technically the real standing place of the bookshelf, you may see in the right upper corner the book and the shelf, while using them correctly).