Legends Of Illarion will be released on: April 9th, 2009

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Dyluck

Legends Of Illarion will be released on: April 9th, 2009

Post by Dyluck »

April 3rd, 2009

I am here to announce that Legends Of Illarion will be available for download starting on April 9th, 2009. The download link will be posted on a new board for LOI which should appear between the Off Topic forum and the Society forum for most people. The board should be viewable in the near future, and once it is viewable, please post all comments and questions related to LOI in the new board from then on.

March 16th, 2009
A new trailer has been released, along with an approximate release time announcement at the end. Watch and find out, and spread the word!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClLnupmSZQ

JUNE 19th, 2007

I have just finished an all new trailer for Legends Of Illarion. You can view it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8miyWrM5Yj8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download Legends Of Illarion at any of these links:

The download links for Legends Of Illarion 2.1 have been removed. Please wait for the next release to play the completed version! :D

What is Legends Of Illarion?

Legends Of Illarion is a single player type rpg game, similar to console rpgs like FF3 and Lufia of the NES/SNES days. It is based primarily on the early years of Illarion starting around mid 2001 up to a date that has not yet been determined. The game follows the main storyline of those days which was compiled with various stories around at the time, which have been combined into one big story. However, some chracters, events, and locations were put earlier into the timeline in order to help make the game run more smoothly as an rpg, and add depth to some places. Whether you want to relive the memories of the early days that started Illarion into a golden age of growth, or if you just want to learn about some of the lush and colorful stories of the past which wrote the history that Illarion holds today, this is a game that you shouldn't miss.

Some screenshots can be found here and throughout that thread, although some screenshots may be outdated. Why would you need them now anyways? Just play. :wink: http://128.130.59.88/community/forums/v ... &start=270

The game was created using a program called RPG Maker 2003. You don't need that program to play the game. All you need is included in the download links above. The battle system is basically the default of RM2K3, which is somewhat like FF4/FF6, so don't expect anything special here if you're already somewhat familar with RM2K3 games :) I also used many default resources. There are also many aspects of the game which I know I could have improved, but various time, resources, and motivation factors, prevented me from doing so. I hope that what effort that I did put into the game will be good enough to be a decent game. Don't hold any corny goodness against me, because I had to work with the material I had. :P By the way, I also consider this the easy/normal version and if popular opinion agrees with me, I may release a normal/hard version later or vice versa. Sorry for the 5 day delay too. Enjoy!

Credits
Story and Concept by:
Dyluck

Based on the Original Backgroundstory by:
Nanuk
Damien

Music Editing:
Delekaniam

Graphics Editing:
Ezorock
Moirear Sian
Dyluck

Mapping and Events:
Dyluck

Main Hosting:
Vindigan
Wiergraf

Main Testing:
Damien
Brendan Mason
Jhon Sivan
Sabrina
Dyluck

Minor Testing:
Vindigan
Ezorock
Nartak Ironmaster
Zare

Producer and Director:
Dyluck

Programed with RPG Maker 2003 by Enterbrain, Inc.
Various resources created by Charas generators.
Resources obtained from various webiste and various games are credited to their original owners.
Special thanks to the players of Illarion, the writers and translators of the Troll's Bane Chronicles, and everyone else who's assistance made this game possible.

Installation Instructions

MS Gothic Font might be needed to play the game, unless you want to play with a screwy looking font.
Download it here if you don't already have it:
http://www.wafu.ne.jp/3dlogo/fonts/msgothic.ttf
(Put it in the /Fonts/ subdirectory of your Windows dir) You may have to reboot afterwards, but maybe not.

1.Download the zip or rar file and unzip all the files, including the zip/rar file inside the original one
(You might get some message about long names, but I don't think it matters and you can just ignore it).

2. If you already have the RM2K3 RTP or other RM2k3 games installed already, you probably don't have to click the setup.exe file and can just start playing by clicking RPG_RT.exe. In fact you can all try clicking that and see if the game will run first if you like. Otherwise, click on the setup.exe and follow the instructions.

3. Unfortunately, the font seems to be screwed up in the setup screen for some people.
Select the folder to install the game to.
I think it might be best to keep it in the same folder as eveyrthing else you unzipped. By the way, you don't want to look inside those other folders like "music" and "chipset" if you don't want spoilers for your gaming experience. :)
Two additional options that can be selected are create start menu shortcut and add uninstaller.
Click [Begin], which is either the left or right button (50% chance guess if you have screwy font =P) and the installation will start.

4. Begin playing by using the menu shortcut or the RPG_RT.exe in the folder you installed it to.

5. Enjoy the game.

Controls:

Everything is pretty standard console-type rpg controls.

(Up) > [Up arrow key], [K] [8]
(Down) > [Down arrow key], [J] [2]
(Left) > [Left arrow key], [H] [4]
(Right) > [Right arrow key], [L] [6]
(Decision Key- Talk/examine/select > [Enter] [Space] [Z]
(Cancel Key Open/Close menu, cancel] > [Esc] [X] [C] [V] (B) [N]

Note: Numbers refer to keypad
I recommend you play with some kind of controller device if you have one, as it will be kinder to your fingers =)

[F4]: Toggles between full screen and window mode.
[F5]: Toggles between normal size and double size in window mode. Sometimes, if the game is slowing down, toggling to normal size or vise versa may help.
[F12]: Returns to the title screen. Use this to exit the game at any time.

By the way, you can usually save anywhere. You have 15 save slots so you should keep multiple saves in the unfortunate case that a bug or error prevents you from progressing at certain scenarios, although the chance of this should be slim.

Known Bugs/Errors
-King Of The Roof Minigame: If you lose, sometimes you get a losing message twice. If it goes more than twice and you get frozen for some reason, just press F12 to restart. You'll probably do that anyways if you lose, in order to play it over.

-During battle, inside skill list menus, the cursor usually stays at the last skill you used. For some characters, the cursor moves to the next skill for some reason. Doesn't cause any problems, but just look carefully at what skill you're selecting. ****

-You can walk on the water inside the Northern Ruins, although not of any significance consequence. ****

-PATCH DOWNLOAD REQUIRED FOR ERROR IN CHAPTER 4
You can put this patch in anytime and it will NOT affect any part of the game before it. You do NOT need to start over.
www.paulslack.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Map0007.lmu
Just download it and then paste it into the same folder where the RPG_RT.EXE is and paste it over the exisitng MAP0007.lmu file and then everything should be fine. If it doesn't, then just trying restarting from a previous save further back that wasn't saved inside Troll's Bane. Oh and you might want to make a backup of the original Map0007.lmu somewhere else on your comp first just in case this doesn't work. ****

-If you do the Mortai Murder sidequest but give up and quit, you will still be able to enter the house again later. This is a bug. Do not enter the house at anytime except while doing that sidequest. ****

-If you return to Forest Of Illusions after completing it, you may find two Olorins. This will not affect your gameplay. ****

-Paralyze spell doesn't appear on the magic list in battle, so it is unusable. ****

-Accesories that say they give full protection against a certain condition may not actually give full protection.

-Dyluck may become missing after the big battle in chapter 4. To prevent this, do NOT put Dyluck or Damienin positions 1,4,8, or 11 during the attack formation screen.

-Certain Food Potions stack on a separately from normal Food Potions in the inventory. ****

-Zasmia appears automatically at the tavern in chapter 5, even if you didn't complete the required task to trigger it.

Errors that are marked with **** have been fixed in Version 2.1

Walkthrough
http://128.130.59.88/community/forums/v ... ugh#179673

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you need any assistance, want to report any bugs or mistakes, or just want to make any comments, feel free to post it on this thread. You may also PM me if you like.
Last edited by Dyluck on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:22 am, edited 22 times in total.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

lzh library not found

this game needs some kind of rpg maker installation to run?
Wiergraf

Post by Wiergraf »

Is that when you're running setup? All I did was extracted all the .rar files and ran RPG_RT.exe
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I get a .rar file, then a .rar file in it, then some files, and a .rar file with the same files in it.
Wiergraf

Post by Wiergraf »

extract all of the .rar files until there are none left. I think there are three of them. When you extract the last one, you'll notice the stuff it extraced has A LOT of files, so run RPG_RT.exe in that folder.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

The outer file(s) is called legends_of_illarion_final.rar
The one that has a LOT of stuff and is the last one you need to extract is legends_of_illarion.rar
There should be only one legends_of_illarion.rar but if there's more than one for whatever reason, just extract one, as long as you get the lot of stuff and the rpg_rt.exe
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Nice graphics rip of the wingly city from legend of dragoon Dy ;)
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

I'll just point out at this point that my disclaimers and credits already said that most of the resources are credited to other games and sources if anyone implies otherwise. Plus I also said it spoils your gaming experience to look inside those game folders, so I'd adivse anyone from doing so. If you did not imply otherwise or did not look inside the folders, then just ignore this message. Thanks.
Ceigan Ibatha
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Ceigan Ibatha »

Looks very nice so far, I like the music. ^_^
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

Played a bit, AWESOME cinematics. better than i could probably do (voluntarily).

Also "I sense you will learn many powerful skills someday in the future". Hehe I love it (yeah thats my char). And that's as far as I've gotten btw.

BUG!:

!
Last edited by falco1029 on Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Thanks. Can't believe I missed that little bug. Fixed it easily enough in my own project, but not worth releasing a patch over or anything.
Korg Blacktooth

Post by Korg Blacktooth »

i downloaded the program but it only has the one file and i cant use that file do i need to download something else to use the .rar file?
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Use WinZip or WinRar to open up a .rar-file, in a practical sense, they're almost the same thing as a .zip.

Cheers for Dyluck! :D
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

rar is an "archive" (I think that's what it's called) just like zip files.
Just like winzip unzips zip files, a program called winrar unzips rar files.
AlaineMilan

Post by AlaineMilan »

oh cool i must download it...i love rpg-maker games ^^ and illarion-based.....download faster :)
Rackere Diplomatre

Post by Rackere Diplomatre »

Very nice game so far but the font is still crappy though I downloaded the font you stated.
EDIT: - FIXED -

When the water dragon flies on the ship the game crashes saying:
Event script referenced a job class that does not exist. What shall I do?
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

The game has turned out phenominal. Well done, Dyluck. The events and names bring back a lot of memories. But where am I? :roll: :P
Rackere Diplomatre

Second things also fixed after reinstallation
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I likes likes likes lots lots lots. :D
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Sounds like a cool thing to play.

But when I click on one of the two hosting sites to download the game, a new browser window pops up saying it's downloading...then says "Done" and nothing else happens.

I'm using Internet Explorer.
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Try doing a search on your hard disk for:
Legends_Of_Illarion_final.zip

If it downloaded it must be somewhere.

--

I had Dyluck read the Mundi tome; and now I'm stuck. I can't pass on anywhere further than I've been already, and have no clue what to do next. Anybody have a walkthrough already? ;)
/Edit: Scratch it, I figured it out. Connections is all I say. :D

Great work Dyluck, judging from what I've played so far, the game is great.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

*here's hopiong it works* My PC has been acting up as of late, and it's never liked rpg maker games. Also my sound is working so thats De'am's time waster for me :p.
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

I played the game and i really like it. Great work.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

It doesn't seem to be on my computer at all.

Strange. I'll try downloading tommorrow morning at school. 8)
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Cain Freemont wrote:The game has turned out phenominal. Well done, Dyluck. The events and names bring back a lot of memories. But where am I? :roll: :P
Hehe, like Sturm...now thats an old name

And where am I? O.o
Josefine da Vince

Post by Josefine da Vince »

I looove this game :D Great work Dyluck so many old memories came up by the names...
Rackere Diplomatre

Bloodhearte wrote:It doesn't seem to be on my computer at all.

Strange. I'll try downloading tommorrow morning at school. 8)
Right click -> save as
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

I love the way Rosa just walks into a crate, and how Olivia just constantly spins around and around. :p
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Grr, There should be a bar with enemy hp, because I want to know who well I'm doing against a boss, because Asefomodeus (no I can't spell it) keeps beating me.
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Mo, try beefing Dyluck up to lvl 7 and try him again, you should beat him easily with a longsword, wood shield, cloth armor, viking helmet, and alot of attacks. Just blast away at him with "Fragment of Memory" until the MP run out, then keep thwacking him with normal attacks. Asmodeus bested me when Dy was lvl 5, but with lvl 7 it seemed to go quite easily. Still, thanks to the Paralysis attack he boasts, it depends a bit on your luck, too...